Tinder on the Ship?

iamchrisstone

Its been a little while for me, but don't they usually have single events onboard? I was solo on a cruise last year and they had events to match you up if you were interested. I wasn't, so i didn't really partake much, but I remember it was available when I had been single years ago.

• 2 weeks later...
Tinder on the ship? That should be kept to a minimum, since as we're often told, fire is the most dangerous thing on a ship at sea. :D

....but seriously, good luck. You might have to opt for the "Value" internet tier if Tinder isn't included on the Social plan, although it should be.

Here's hoping the same fate doesn't befall you as happened to a cool kid from Miami I met on the Vista. He finally DID meet a good-looking girl on the ship and hit it off with her...only to find she was from Nevada. :o

I am thinking that those using Tinder aren't looking for anything long term, so where they live probably doesn't matter. 😉 Although, a love connection is possible I suppose.

Tinder is a location-based social search mobile app that facilitates communication between mutually interested users, allowing matched users to chat. The app is most commonly used as a dating app or hookup app,[1][2][3] but it also has services, making it a social media application too. Matching is based on Facebook and Spotify profiles.[4]

Originally incubated inside Hatch Labs, the app was launched in 2012. By 2014, it was registering about one billion "swipes" per day.[5]Tinder is among the first "swiping apps", whose users employ a swiping motion to choose photos of other users, swiping right for potentially good matches and swiping left on a photo to move to the next one.

What is Tinder???

Karen

Tinder is a location-based social search mobile app that facilitates communication between mutually interested users, allowing matched users to chat. The app is most commonly used as a dating app or hookup app,[1][2][3] but it also has services, making it a social media application too. Matching is based on Facebook and Spotify profiles.[4]

Originally incubated inside Hatch Labs, the app was launched in 2012. By 2014, it was registering about one billion "swipes" per day.[5]Tinder is among the first "swiping apps", whose users employ a swiping motion to choose photos of other users, swiping right for potentially good matches and swiping left on a photo to move to the next one.

I think posts 5 through 36 answered Karen's question already. But your answer will surely solve her insomnia. 😴

What's wrong with women from Nevada? :confused:

My post was too long describing all the ways, and it got rejected :(

Kidding.

I did have to import my wife from the Midwest, though, tbh. I've lived here since the 80s.

And I hope by Nevada they meant near Las Vegas, or my post would have been even longer.

Again, kidding... except I've been to Reno and nobody seemed happy.

This has been a fun thread, thanks, all! Good luck finding 'some' of whatever... My main advice? Put down your phone, and use your people skills (I understand that may be a stretch). It will certainly be disarming when you approach without a phone. Everyone expects people to be glued to their devices these days (sure, perhaps a bit less on a ship).

Pocket the phone. Say hi. What's the worst that could happen? I mean, apart from a man/woman from Nevada?

Kidding. Lots of love and shoutouts to all. I'll have my Nevadan beat my ass in the morning when I let her read this. I deserve it.

I have a friend who cruised with me last year and while on board, Tinder would not work properly. It just kept saying “no one in your search area”. Maybe no one else was using it?

In port however, oh lord!

The moment she opened that app it was message after message from local island boys looking for a quick thing while the ships were in port.

Ironic twist, she matched with a guy while in Aruba who lives two towns over from us here in the US and who was in Aruba for business.

They still “talk” ;)

Faster to the Fun will give you priority Tinder service.(or is that tender....lol)

I'm OFFICIALLY mad at myself for not thinking of this first. Bravo!

I am thinking that those using Tinder aren't looking for anything long term, so where they live probably doesn't matter. 😉 Although, a love connection is possible I suppose.
What's wrong with women from Nevada?

Well, nothing (that I know of, anyway :halo:), but yeah....he WAS hoping to meet someone a bit closer to home.

• 1 month later...
I've used one of these apps at times whilst aboard (think of the one with a similar name, starts with 'G' :P ), it's always interesting when crew start chatting to you using it. Moreso when they recognise you from around the ship!

What internet plan do you need for grindr? Lol