Carnival Imagination - January 21, 2018

cairolife

Hello Cruisers!

I am actually a newbie, I went on my first cruise on a 3 day Ensenada from Long Beach cruise on September 28th and I absolutely loved it. I loved it so much that I promised for my friend's birthday in January that we would take him and some of our friends on the Imagination for a 5 day Catalina and Ensenada on the 21st. Just recently I found out that carnival doesn't allow anyone under 21 to travel without an adult who's 25 or older. The 6 of us are 19 and 20 years old, so we're very close but not quite.

I called Carnival to ask about if there's any way around this dumb rule and they told me that as long as anyone on the ship is 25 or older and they can cross reference the bookings, we'll be good to go. Now I am wondering if anyone would be willing to help us out with that one, if anyone's going on that specific cruise and is willing to cross reference bookings so we are allowed to go it would be absolutely great and it would make my friend's birthday.

It's very simple, they're not asking for credit card numbers, or anything private, they're not asking for you to watch us, or for us to be near each other or anything. We will be in our separate rooms, our room will be connected to our credit cards/dinners/activities and will have nothing to do with your room or any of your personal info or anything. There's no responsibility that comes with it, it's really as simple as "Yes I am allowing these underage people to have me as their 25 year old guardian on the ship."

It would be very appreciated if someone is willing to do this for us. Thank you so much in advance!

Are you insane? You want complete strangers to vouch for you who are complete strangers. Um, don't think so.

We're a very responsible group of people, we're college students that are just trying to do something cool for a friend's birthday. I promise there won't be any trouble caused.

We're a very responsible group of people, we're college students that are just trying to do something cool for a friend's birthday. I promise there won't be any trouble caused.

I had college students rent an apartment above me many moons ago. Not something I want to ever live through again. Wait until you are old enough to cruise without a co-signer. LOL

I had college students rent an apartment above me many moons ago. Not something I want to ever live through again. Wait until you are old enough to cruise without a co-signer. LOL

Well if we get lucky and someone is willing to help us out, awesome. If not, we'll just have to wait the 2 more years to go :(. Thanks for your help!

Are you insane? You want complete strangers to vouch for you who are complete strangers. Um, don't think so.

So much this.

My other question is this: you don't know anyone in your life who is over 25, and might want to tag along as "chaperone"? This sounds sketchy.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So much this.

My other question is this: you don't know anyone in your life who is over 25, and might want to tag along as "chaperone"? This sounds sketchy.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My question is why are you so concerned if you aren't helping and therefore this has nothing to do with you? :rolleyes:

Because we think you must be yanking our chain.

It is a very weird request yes, but there's nothing financial or scammy that I can gain from it. All I literally want is to JUST go on a cruise with my friends. If it's something you don't believe or don't feel comfortable doing, then whatever, it just didn't work out. But it doesn't hurt to ask.

You do realize that as your "guardian" we can get kicked of the ship with any one of you who may drink too much and do something stupid.

I guess you will understand this when you get older.

Well no, the cards have our ages on them so none of us can be served alcohol since we're under 21.

• 1 month later...
It is a very weird request yes, but there's nothing financial or scammy that I can gain from it. All I literally want is to JUST go on a cruise with my friends. If it's something you don't believe or don't feel comfortable doing, then whatever, it just didn't work out. But it doesn't hurt to ask.

Wishing you the best I am sure someone will help out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are saying that there is no responsibility! I am sorry if someone told you that, They are totally responsible for anything you may or may not do. You will not be able to check in until after they have checked in.I believe the cabins have to be within a few rooms of the chaperone if nobody in the room is over 21. The person is taking on a big responsibility, however I am sure you will find somebody that had someone help them out when they were under 21 ie: buying alcohol! You may want to verify the room location rule with Carnival before you book>

Hello Cruisers!

I am actually a newbie, I went on my first cruise on a 3 day Ensenada from Long Beach cruise on September 28th and I absolutely loved it. I loved it so much that I promised for my friend's birthday in January that we would take him and some of our friends on the Imagination for a 5 day Catalina and Ensenada on the 21st. Just recently I found out that carnival doesn't allow anyone under 21 to travel without an adult who's 25 or older. The 6 of us are 19 and 20 years old, so we're very close but not quite.

I called Carnival to ask about if there's any way around this dumb rule and they told me that as long as anyone on the ship is 25 or older and they can cross reference the bookings, we'll be good to go. Now I am wondering if anyone would be willing to help us out with that one, if anyone's going on that specific cruise and is willing to cross reference bookings so we are allowed to go it would be absolutely great and it would make my friend's birthday.

It's very simple, they're not asking for credit card numbers, or anything private, they're not asking for you to watch us, or for us to be near each other or anything. We will be in our separate rooms, our room will be connected to our credit cards/dinners/activities and will have nothing to do with your room or any of your personal info or anything. There's no responsibility that comes with it, it's really as simple as "Yes I am allowing these underage people to have me as their 25 year old guardian on the ship."

It would be very appreciated if someone is willing to do this for us. Thank you so much in advance!

LOL! Well, in America, we can figure anything out for a price. You and the team have an extra $100k laying around, I might consider it.