Shore exscursions

AmyNcutt

Hi all - new here. I have not figured out where or how to search past threads regarding shore excursions yet but I will keep looking. In the mean time - We are sailing in June to Cozumel, Grand Cayman and Montego Bay. I'm thinking we will splurge in Cozumel on shore excursions but I just want to hang out on a beach in Montego Bay or Grand Cayman. Is that possible? Or do we have to pay since they seem to be private beaches?

How do I search shore excursions that are not done through the cruise line and know that it is a reputable company?

Thanks!

Hi all - new here. I have not figured out where or how to search past threads regarding shore excursions yet but I will keep looking. In the mean time - We are sailing in June to Cozumel, Grand Cayman and Montego Bay. I'm thinking we will splurge in Cozumel on shore excursions but I just want to hang out on a beach in Montego Bay or Grand Cayman. Is that possible? Or do we have to pay since they seem to be private beaches?

How do I search shore excursions that are not done through the cruise line and know that it is a reputable company?

Thanks!

TripAdvisor is a good resource. I would also check the Ports of Call forums here for some assistance, as well.

Have you looked at the Ports of Call boards for Grand Cayman and Jamaica? Lots of info there. You pay more for a ship's excursion to the beach than you need to. In GC we take a taxi or a bus to 7 Mile Beach and usually wind up at Royal Palms. One thing about that tho - they have a pool and it's adult only, so if you have kids they might not like that. You get a chair for $10 or $12 or an umbrella for a couple bucks more. Much cheaper than a ship excursion, and you can stay as long as you want, don't have to leave when the 'excursion' is over.

Perhaps the area directly in front of a hotel might be "private", but the "private part" doesn't extend all the way to the water....most beaches are totally public....so yes, it's quite easy to do a "beach day" on your own in almost every Caribbean port. There are some exceptions, but not many!