Latest reviews are scaring me!

MDgal76

That's what I figured. If we were going with our boys we would def go mega simply for the activities, but since it's just us, my mom and step dad I figured smaller was better. Like you I am hoping he loves it and then I can try all of them. Even willing to be nickeled and dimmed on NCL ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Don't read into the nickel and dime comments either. We took our first NCL last November and have two more booked. We loved our NCL cruise!!!!! First time we didn't have a large bill at the end. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks everyone for your honest opinions! I am sure you are alright and some people just can't be pleased!

On a different subject, what do you all think of your time dining? This wasn't available on my last cruise and I had late dining. I loved having the personal service of the same servers every night. Do you feel that is lost with the your time? I've read you can request the same wait staff every night but if they aren't available you either wait or get someone else.

We've had your time dining and love it, we never have to rush to get to dinner, and we've been seated in the same area almost every time on each cruise, without asking for it.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• 6 months later...

I have no dishes to wash and the wait staff are amazing.....and I am on a cruise. I eat to live, not live to eat. We seldom eat out so it is a treat for us. Are some things just ok? Yep. Are some things really good? Yep. Am I on a cruise? Oh yes. I prefer the affordable price to fancy food. But to each his own.

Was on the Breeze with my daughters in July. Food was average. Service was average. (Everywhere on the ship). Didn't really care. For the money compared to other cruise lines it was still worth it. Our Director Schwartz made the whole cruise a blast. He is the best!

When I was planning my first (and only) cruise back in 2009 on the Conquest I lived on CC. I read all the reviews and the boards helped me out tremendously! So naturally when I was ready to book my 2nd cruise I came back to CC and the boards to help me decide the who, what, when and where. Having been on 1 Carnival cruise, which BTW I loved, I really wanted to try one of the RCCL mega ships. But since I am traveling with my husband who has never cruised and is not a huge fan of crowds, I didn't want to spend a small fortune and he ends up hating the cruise. So we opted for a Carnival cruise. We ended up choosing the Glory-Western Caribbean, next summer. Although after choosing our extended Aft balcony I didn't really save any $$ over RCCL (but that's a different issue). Anyway after I booked I went back to reading the boards and OMG I am scared of what to expect! I have read several reviews from people who say "I have been on xxx number of Carnival cruises and they are okay but let me tell you everything that went wrong"! One of the biggest complaints I keep reading about is the food! Back in 2009 I remember the food was great! And our service was also great, Then again I didn't have anything to compare it to! My husband and I love good food! Probably foodies but def not food snobs, but if the food is as bad as some of the reviews I've been reading I am wondering if I should have gone with RCCL? I did make a chef's table reservation so I know at least one night we'll have good food ;). One bad review kept going on and on about how bad the eggs were and then how bad the BBQ was. I am like but did you starve...LOL! I know everyone has different standards but I am starting to see a trend on food! I should mention that I really wanted to sail on the Breeze but the airfare to Galveston would have been so much more for us then going out on Miami! So that will have to wait! Someone please tell me that they had a great time on the Glory and some people just cant be pleased :eek:.

It's funny you picked Carnival over RCCL to avoid the crowds. RCCL are experts on crowd management, and the bigger the ship, the less crowded it feels. However, Carnival is the opposite. The buffet has long lines, long lines to get on and off the ship and multiple other choke points on the ship, including need to wait on the stairs to get to dinner.

It's funny you picked Carnival over RCCL to avoid the crowds. RCCL are experts on crowd management, and the bigger the ship, the less crowded it feels. However, Carnival is the opposite. The buffet has long lines, long lines to get on and off the ship and multiple other choke points on the ship, including need to wait on the stairs to get to dinner.

Funny, I sail Carnival routinely and never have any of the supposed problems you mentioned. Go figure. :rolleyes:

Thanks everyone for your honest opinions! I am sure you are alright and some people just can't be pleased!

On a different subject, what do you all think of your time dining? This wasn't available on my last cruise and I had late dining. I loved having the personal service of the same servers every night. Do you feel that is lost with the your time? I've read you can request the same wait staff every night but if they aren't available you either wait or get someone else.

My wife and I always have early seating, tried late seating once and it didn't work for our schedules. I think it's a personal preference, so I would say try what you think works for you. Sometimes the servers we have had are a bit lacking in experience and it shows, for the most part we have loved having the same servers every night,

As far as food quality, I think anyone that can't find something really good to eat every day on a cruise, doesn't know where to look, or are way too picky. Don't like scrambled eggs in the buffet line? Try them in the omelet station or the MDR. As a matter of fact, I would suggest avoiding the buffet at all times, the food is just better everywhere else. Plus in the MDR if you don't like something, your waiter is usually happy to accommodate you with something else.

Every vacation is what you make of it, every vacation we've ever had has its stress moments, but in the long run they have all still been vacations. We're not at work, and we ultimately have control over what is fun, what is good, what is exciting, what is new to us. So go with the flow and have fun.

I'm just off Glory and because it was a holiday week we sailed with an extra 700 passengers (3600 total). The ship never felt all that crowded. When there were lines they moved very quickly (especially for taking the tender back to the ship). Waiting on stairs to get to dinner only happens when people show up before the assigned dining time.

Don't read into the nickel and dime comments either. We took our first NCL last November and have two more booked. We loved our NCL cruise!!!!! First time we didn't have a large bill at the end. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That's because you paid it all upfront 90 days before the cruise.;)