North Cape Tours in Fiords?

We are travelling on the Sapphire Princess in June to the Norwegian Fiords and one of the the stops is Honningsvag from where we can take a tour up to the North Cape. Considering using this company for a 3.5 hour tour from the port. Has anyone used this company and how was it? It costs 680NOK per person.

Would you recommend the company as reliable and is the tour worth the time and money?

Hope someone can help.

If there is another company that you have used for a similar tour please let me know .

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We were there last summer as a group of 7. We rented a car and I would highly recommend you try doing that. Navigating the island was quite easy after googling directions before our trip. We drove first and took the bird watching cruise, while we did enjoy this I wouldn't recommend it as a must do. If you are really into birds it might be worth your time, if not it's quite expensive for what it is. We then drove up to Nordkapp and were able to see several reindeer on or near the road, honestly they were the highlight of the island for us. We did enjoy our visit at Nordkapp and wished we had a little more time to visit there. (We probably could have stayed longer, but we are always concerned with our times and wanted to give ourselves more than enough time just in case.) We also really enjoyed walking around the town, but as it was a Sunday the only thing open was a tourist gift shop. If you can't or don't want to rent a car, then by all means take a tour to Nordkapp.

On a side note, we saw a man mowing his yard in just his shorts, no shirt and someone at Nordkapp laying out sunbathing. Definitely locals since we were in jackets, gloves, etc. :D:D:D

We will also be in Honningsvag this summer and I am planning to book the tour by KO Sand, which is recommended in other threads here. It also gets excellent reviews on Trip Advisor, which I have linked here because their website has been down for a while. Unfortunately, one of the owners just had a baby and the other is traveling, so they haven't gotten it fixed yet but hopefully they will soon.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g798839-d8116429-Reviews-KO_Sand_Travel-Nordkapp_Municipality_Finnmark_Northern_Norway.html

We will also be in Honningsvag this summer and I am planning to book the tour by KO Sand, which is recommended in other threads here. It also gets excellent reviews on Trip Advisor, which I have linked here because their website has been down for a while. Unfortunately, one of the owners just had a baby and the other is traveling, so they haven't gotten it fixed yet but hopefully they will soon.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g798839-d8116429-Reviews-KO_Sand_Travel-Nordkapp_Municipality_Finnmark_Northern_Norway.html

Thank you so much for this additional suggestion. We really don’t want to drive ourselves while in Norway as we want to be able to concentrate on the scenery!

I have sent her an email via the noted email address on Trip Advisor and will hope for a response.

Any other suggestions from other travellers would be greatly appreciated.

Avril

Thank you so much for this additional suggestion. We really don’t want to drive ourselves while in Norway as we want to be able to concentrate on the scenery!

I have sent her an email via the noted email address on Trip Advisor and will hope for a response.

Any other suggestions from other travellers would be greatly appreciated.

Avril

Yeah, neither do I. I can see where it would make sense financially if you have 7 people, as the person who suggested it did. Please post the link here if she responds to you. Looking on their FB page history, it appears that they had website issues last year as well.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

Yeah, neither do I. I can see where it would make sense financially if you have 7 people, as the person who suggested it did. Please post the link here if she responds to you. Looking on their FB page history, it appears that they had website issues last year as well.

Will do!

The email account appears to be a Gmail account that is a personal one so hopefully it will be current and will get a response.

Will let you know.

We were there last June and privately booked the North Cape Tour with KO Sand. We did the morning tour and it lasted longer than the advertised time. We were the only people on the tour, so ended up with a private tour.

We went out to remote villages, got to see the King Crab (and hold it if we wanted to), and to the North Cape. It is an excellent tour, our guide was Monika.

I cannot recommend it highly enough as you get to find out about life and living in the North of Norway and see more than just the North Cape.

I cannot recommend it highly enough as you get to find out about life and living in the North of Norway and see more than just the North Cape.

Thanks for your recommendation. It confirms what I'd read from others and why I am waiting for their website to be fixed rather than booking with someone else.

BTW I've read that the ship's excursions generally just include transportation to the North Cape with no tour guide. So even if you are normally a fan of cruise line excursions, in this case it's a particularly bad idea.

Will do!

The email account appears to be a Gmail account that is a personal one so hopefully it will be current and will get a response.

Will let you know.

I emailed them also and have not heard a response. Anyone else with info for this summer's tours?

I still have not heard anything either. Maybe the company is closed down.

Avril

Very unlikely. They don't do tours during the winter so it's not like they'd be active now, anyway. One person just had a baby, the other is traveling (maybe he works elsewhere during the winter). If you look on their FB page, you will see that they had website problems last year as well. Also, some people on an Azamara roll call had already booked for July before their website broke.

I'm going to wait for them fix the problem. If you don't feel comfortable doing so, there are other tour options.

BTW I'm also waiting for a response to my emails.

Very unlikely. They don't do tours during the winter so it's not like they'd be active now, anyway. One person just had a baby, the other is traveling (maybe he works elsewhere during the winter). If you look on their FB page, you will see that they had website problems last year as well. Also, some people on an Azamara roll call had already booked for July before their website broke.

I'm going to wait for them fix the problem. If you don't feel comfortable doing so, there are other tour options.

BTW I'm also waiting for a response to my emails.

We have several people on our June (Sapphire Princess) cruise that booked with them last year. I am booked with Princess as a backup (and there are alternatives privately also) but it is easier to cancel a tour with Princess. I am also waiting. I have messaged them on FB, sent them an email, etc.. Frustrating.

I started looking probably 6 weeks ago and have not had luck getting a hold of them.

We have several people on our June (Sapphire Princess) cruise that booked with them last year. I am booked with Princess as a backup (and there are alternatives privately also) but it is easier to cancel a tour with Princess. I am also waiting. I have messaged them on FB, sent them an email, etc.. Frustrating.

I started looking probably 6 weeks ago and have not had luck getting a hold of them.

Thanks for your info. I am on the trip with you in June on the Sapphire. Anyone who hears from them please share with us so we can get on top of it ASAP.

Avril

• 2 weeks later...
Still waiting. I messaged others on FB who worked for them last year to see if they are working for them this summer.

They've already taken reservations for the summer before their website went down, so I think your concerns are unfounded. Its not tourist season there so they're basically closed. It's obviously unfortunate that they are not responding and that their website is down.

Also on the Sapphire June trip this year. Interested in any info you gather.

I finally got an email from Monika. KO Sand is no longer operating. However, she is going to be starting her own company and running the tour. She does not have a website yet but will soon. I emailed her and asked if I should post her email her or if she wants to wait until the site is up. I'll post here when I get more info.

Here is the description of the tour:

North Cape Sightseeing - More than a Bus Tour!

Each of our guided tours is unique. We show you our home as we know and love it. Let us take you on a scenic ride across Magerøya Island. Enjoy the beautiful landscape and numerous stops along the way, with the final destination: North Cape.

For us, it is all about your experience, here at the Far North.

Tour Includes:

Guiding. Our dedicated English-speaking tour guides will inform, show around and entertain you throughout the tour.

North Cape Entrance Ticket. Explore the North Cape during your free time at the North Cape Visitor Center (between 1:15 and 1:30h stay).

Transport. Our bus is waiting for you at the port, a stone’s throw from your ship.

Fishing Village. Visit a picturesque fishing village and get to know about the local life style, here in the Arctic.

King Crab Experience. Join us for a king crab show, take close-up pictures and even touch “The Monster of Barents Sea”.

Photo Stops: At Viewpoints, Sami Village, Reindeer, Church. All stops are optional and entirely dependent on the conditions: time, weather, traffic etc.

Reindeer Meat Snack. Taste our local delicacy, dried reindeer meat.

Discounts On Other Local Attractions. By joining our tour, you can enter the Ice Bar and watch “Our Northernmost Life” theatre show with 10% discount.

Each of our trips is different, we do not follow a strict itinerary, we change the sequence of our stops and adjust to the weather conditions as well as the audience.

Meeting Point. Tourist information in Honningsvåg, Look for the buses marked with North Cape Sightseeing.

Duration. 4 hours approx. The excursion is adjusted to cruise ship arrival and departure times.

I heard from Monika - she is in the process of getting the website back up and running. She will be running the tours exactly how they have run them in the past. I have asked her how best to get a hold of her for those who want to book. I will post her response when I get it.

I finally got an email from Monika. KO Sand is no longer operating. However, she is going to be starting her own company and running the tour. She does not have a website yet but will soon. I emailed her and asked if I should post her email her or if she wants to wait until the site is up. I'll post here when I get more info.

I wasn't going to post all of this with out her permission and am glad you did. I did ask her the same thing about posting her email address if people are interested in booking.

I wasn't going to post all of this with out her permission and am glad you did. I did ask her the same thing about posting her email address if people are interested in booking.

Well, the description seemed worth including to calm the fears of those who were thinking of going elsewhere.

I also asked her what happens to those who already booked (and paid) with KO-Sand.

Well, the description seemed worth including to calm the fears of those who were thinking of going elsewhere.

I also asked her what happens to those who already booked (and paid) with KO-Sand.

Thank you!

I heard from Monika - she is in the process of getting the website back up and running. She will be running the tours exactly how they have run them in the past. I have asked her how best to get a hold of her for those who want to book. I will post her response when I get it.

I also got an email from her and have signed up for the tour. She does not expect any payment until we are actually there and pay directly.