Is it My Imagination or

I have noticed that the items in the buffet appear to be very similar to what was available in the MDR. Not left overs in that whatever is uneaten from the day before is carted upstairs for the buffet, but along the lines of "Thursday the special is Salmon" and then it's available on the buffet as well as in the MDR.

• 3 weeks later...

I am going on the Imagination for the first time in May, so I can't speak from experience on this ship. However, my husband and I went on the Pride a few years ago, and they pretty much had the same main courses in the dining room and in the buffet each night. We actually found that we enjoyed the food in the buffet better because it seemed hotter and fresher than our MDR experiences were, so from nights 4-8 we ate all our dinners in the Lido buffet. My husband liked it because he didn't have to get dressed up, which to him anything besides shorts, a tshirt and flip flops is dressed up. We are going on the Imagination in May so hopefully its not just leftovers. That will be a little disappointing.

Is it my imagination or are the dishes on the LIDO buffet leftovers from previous dining room dinner menu items? I don't remember thinking this on previous cruises. Has this always been the case, is it a new thing to cut corners, or am I imagining it altogether? :eek:

Yes, you're imagining it. The food served at the buffet is all fresh cooked, and not reheated leftovers like you might have at home. Any food that is leftover, either from the dining room or the buffet, is ground up and fed to the fish, not humans.

It's not leftovers.

They serve many of the same dishes on the list for dinner as they do in the dining room.

It would be a severe health code violation for them to serve leftovers.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

• 5 months later...

You’ll see the same ingredients in different, they will not put out the same food. So the carrots from the salad bar are tossed as is the fish, anything carved etc.

One Princess Cruise we had the EXACT same dinner buffet menu three days in a row, days 4-6 had another menu repeated, days 7-9 had a third menu. Day 10 was a repeat of the first menu. Never thought that they reused the food but it sure was odd.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums