New Menus

pamrose228

Less choices all around, my favorite desserts gone, no more yummy soups. The elegant night menus don't offer any alternatives. I like filet mignon but I abhor horseradish. Will I be able to get something else? Also, only 1 dessert on elegant night? That is not ok.

Color me stupid, but these menu's still confuse me. Can I order a caesar salad just for me? It says for the table. Is there still some type of everyday menu for those of us picky eaters? Can folks who want it still order multiple dinners? Can you order more sides? The menu's seem to be more about getting folks to order drinks and cocktails instead of more food choices.

I have to say I am not really impressed. The sides seem almost the same day after day. I liked having my side match my entree. Seems like there are less choices. More dishes with a lot of things I don't like. I know that is just personal, but I liked having a fried chicken to fall back on. Certainly not every night but it was nice knowing it was there if I did not like anything on the menu. Hardly any appetizer choices.

Oh yeah - and can I still get a banana split from the kids menu? :)

Edited by TerReuv

I recall JH saying that the WCMC was not going away, yet I don't see it anywhere:eek::eek::eek: Are there going to be "everynight" desserts, along with the "one" special each night? Anyone?

It's called Carnival Melting Cake now. There is that plus only 2 other selections each night. Elegant night seems to only have 1 dessert option.

Color me stupid, but these menu's still confuse me. Can I order a caesar salad just for me? It says for the table. Is there still some type of everyday menu for those of us picky eaters? Can folks who want it still order multiple dinners? Can you order more sides? The menu's seem to be more about getting folks to order drinks and cocktails instead of more food choices.

I have to say I am not really impressed. The sides seem almost the same day after day. I liked having my side match my entree. Seems like there are less choices. More dishes with a lot of things I don't like. I know that is just personal, but I liked having a fried chicken to fall back on. Certainly not every night but it was nice knowing it was there if I did not like anything on the menu. Hardly any appetizer choices.

If there was a "Like" option I would hit it. I'm not overly picky either I just have a preference in flavors and the ones now offered do not match it. The sides are also pretty "meh" in my book.

I know that food is very subjective, but this looks like fewer but better choices to me. I like the various cuts of beef offered, and the port specific selections look very interesting.

We had creme brûlée for the first time on our most recent cruise, I guess it doesn't make the rotation on 4 night sailings, and it was ok, but kind of runny, maybe the kitchen was off that night. There is still melting cake and ice cream, and less dessert wouldn't be the worst thing for me. ;)

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Where is everyone seeing all these selections? I clicked on the above link, and only 2 memus come up, and sems like nothing you guys are discussing.:confused:

If you click on American Table, you will get 5 dinner menus, and below them, 5 dessert menus. American Feast, you should see two, for the two "elegant" nights. Hope this helps. You just need to scroll down.:o

Where is everyone seeing all these selections? I clicked on the above link, and only 2 memus come up, and sems like nothing you guys are discussing.:confused:

When you click on the link posted, there will be two choices, Feast and Tabl ...click on American table and 15 menus come up, click on each one to read it.

Edited by pamrose228

The posted menus are disappointing. I do love food but honestly the lack of desserts and the lack of appetizers leave me wanting more. And the main dish offerings leave me wanting the old menu. I have one more carnival booked for April on the Miracle. I should still have the "old" menus so I will really try to enjoy them.

The appetizers, entrees, port of call selections, rare finds, all that looks great. I wish there were more salad and soup options, but I can live with it. The desserts on the other hand, well, I guess it is a good thing I don't eat a lot of sweets. The new dessert menu will help see to that. Cheeseplate for dessert gone as well as bitter and blanc.

Does anyone know when this takes effect? is it only for the Glory or all ships immediately?

i'm on the Legend in January, so just curious.

eta..personally i like that they changed 'didja' to 'rare finds'---it sounds a little classier

Edited by pyropoodle

The posted menus are disappointing. I do love food but honestly the lack of desserts and the lack of appetizers leave me wanting more. And the main dish offerings leave me wanting the old menu. I have one more carnival booked for April on the Miracle. I should still have the "old" menus so I will really try to enjoy them.

We are on the Miracle next month - I honestly dont mind the new menus, I see something that I would enjoy on each one. I'm just curious how long it will take for them to roll this out to all the ships?

Should we expect no changes by next month??

Does anyone know when this takes effect? is it only for the Glory or all ships immediately?

i'm on the Legend in January, so just curious.

eta..personally i like that they changed 'didja' to 'rare finds'---it sounds a little classier

Just the Glory right now, then the new menus will slowly roll out to other ships. IIRC the Imagination and/or Inspiration we're going to be part of the trial.

When you click on the link posted, there will be two choices, Feast and Tabl ...click on American table and 15 menus come up, click on each one to read it.

OK thanks, it finally came up with all the menus. Gonna miss most of the soups and salads, as seems like they are gone, as with most of the appetizers.

As I posted in another thread, if service with the 3 man teams in the MDR is not improved, new menus will not make any difference in the dining experience, regardless of the food.

Just the Glory right now, then the new menus will slowly roll out to other ships. IIRC the Imagination and/or Inspiration we're going to be part of the trial.

thanks so much for replying.