BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 08:09 PM.
276 Posts
Joined Nov 2006
Looking for recommendations and suggestions of private tours arranged by fellow Viking & other travelers who have had good experiences with private tours of Vienna. Will need the information soon as the sailing date on the Viking Embla is in 2 months. Thanks. Tennessee Traveler
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Commodore-Caribbean-1980
DER-Rhine-1986
Rotterdam-Alaska-1989
Vision of the Seas-Alaska-2002
Nordam-Northern Europe-2004
Viking Burgandy-France-2005
Majesty of the Seas-Bahamas-2006
Viking Century Sun-China-2006
Amsterdam-Panama Canal-2006
Viking Surkov-2007
Galapagos Explorer II- 2007
RCCL Enchantment of the Seas - 2008
Norwegian Sun-South America-2009
Boca Raton Florida
757 Posts
Joined Mar 2008
Originally posted by Tennessee Traveler
Looking for recommendations and suggestions of private tours arranged by fellow Viking & other travelers who have had good experiences with private tours of Vienna. Will need the information soon as the sailing date on the Viking Embla is in 2 months. Thanks. Tennessee Traveler
We are looking for one day Vienna guide as well. Want to met at cruise ships and taken to main sites and Jewish interest sites as well. Does anyone know of someone reputable and their rates. Please reply by private message. Thank you.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Most of signature disappeared . Have travelled on many cruises worldwide. Royal Caribbean, Azamara, and CELEBRITY. Love Celebrity but Royal Caribbean is great with children especially those with special needs.i
New York
9,069 Posts
Joined Aug 2011
All I can suggest is that you check the Rick Steves book that covers Vienna. He usually mentions several local guides that he uses on his tours, so I would assume they are very reliable and if you tell them you were sent by Rick they won't want to mess up their relationship with him.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Email me: [email protected]
Blogs: Jazzbeaux Blogs

I am not an employee of Cruise Critic and I don't speak for Cruise Critic. All opinions are mine alone. Also, I'm only a Host on the various River forums -- everywhere else I'm "just plain Jazz."

Booked:
AMA Discover Africa 5-2018
Viking Sun British Isles Explorer 8-2018
Celebrity Edge Caribbean 1-2019
Ponant/Backroads Iceland 8-2019

Completed:
Azamara Quest Costa Rica 1-2018 / Crown Princess Classic Canada & New England 10-2017 / Norwegian Pride of America Hawaii 10-2016 / Azamara Quest Norwegian Fjords 8-2016 / Celebrity Constellation Greek Isles 5-2016 / AmaDagio Provence 9-2015 / Celebrity Xpedition Galapagos 5-2015 / Celebrity Eclipse Southern Carib 3-2015 / Fresco Tours A Kinder Camino walking tour 9-2014 / Crystal Serenity Mediterranean 5-2014 / Coral Princess Panama Canal 1-2014 / AmaCello Rhine 8-2013 / Coral Princess Alaska 6-2013 / Ireland Fly-Drive 9-2012 / Norwegian Dawn Caribbean 3-2013 / Celebrity Summit Caribbean 1-2012 / Oceania Insignia Mediterranean 5-2011 / Fair Dinkum (Erie Canal bareboat) 7-2003 / Costa Italia Caribbean 5-1974
Boca Raton Florida
757 Posts
Joined Mar 2008
Originally posted by Host Jazzbeau
All I can suggest is that you check the Rick Steves book that covers Vienna. He usually mentions several local guides that he uses on his tours, so I would assume they are very reliable and if you tell them you were sent by Rick they won't want to mess up their relationship with him.
Will buy the appropriate Rick Steves books. I like to carry them and tear out pages to make them lighter as we go around and I do not like carrying my kindle and constantly trying to find the right page. Thanks.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Most of signature disappeared . Have travelled on many cruises worldwide. Royal Caribbean, Azamara, and CELEBRITY. Love Celebrity but Royal Caribbean is great with children especially those with special needs.i
Central Florida
2,271 Posts
Joined Nov 2008
We also wonder if we can easily get a van/cab/guide to take 4 people to Saltzburg. We prefer to go in small group rather than large bus. We will be there in April - in just a few weeks, so before the tourist season.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Boca Raton Florida
757 Posts
Joined Mar 2008
Originally posted by sansterre
We also wonder if we can easily get a van/cab/guide to take 4 people to Saltzburg. We prefer to go in small group rather than large bus. We will be there in April - in just a few weeks, so before the tourist season.
I have not yet received any really good answers for Vienna guides etc. Re Saltzburg..we prefer small groups as well with private guide. But, if you are going on a small ship like Ama etc. only a portion of the people will do the Saltzburg tour so the group may not be that large. Our first river cruise so we are not that experienced. Would love to find a guide for the 1 day, but where? how? Also want one experienced in showing us Judaica as well as usual places. One day is really not enough but that is what we have and need to make the best of it.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Florida
1,539 Posts
Joined May 2007
Did anyone here ever find a guide? I am thinking of going this route for our day in Vienna because it is our second visit.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Upcoming
AmaStella Captivating Rhine 7/30/18
Royal Princess Eastern Caribbean Treasures 01/26/19
Sailed
Celebrity Equinox Deep Southern Caribbean 10/16/17
Harmony of the Seas Western Caribbean 06/17/17
AmaSonata Christmas Markets of the Danube 12/05/16
AmaPrima Christmas Markets of the Danube 12/14
Celebrity Equinox Ultimate Caribbean 2/2014
Celebrity Equinox Med and Adriatic 6/2013
Celebrity Eclipse 14 night Baltics 6/2012
RCI Mariner of the Seas Eastern Med 6/2011
Carnival Dream Western Caribbean 6/2010
RCI Navigator of the Seas Western Med 6/2009
NCL GEM Western Med 5/2008
Carnival Legend Western Caribbean 7/2007
Australia for 10 wonderful days 8/2006
Houston, TX
947 Posts
Joined Aug 2004
Looking for recommendations on transportation from Vienna airport to city center hotel and reverse post river cruise.
Is it more economical to take a Taxi from Airport or arrange a private driver pick up?
Anyone use a private transfer company in Vienna they would recommend?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
BPCruiser

Coral Princess Alaska 6/03, Caribbean Princess 9/04, Island Princess 3/05, Emerald Princess 3/10, Avalon Affinity 10/2010, Avalon Panorama 11/2011, Oceania Marina 5/2012, Avalon Affinity 10/2012, Oceania Marina 7/2013, Oceania Marina 4/2014, Oceania Marina 2/2015, Avalon Vista 12/2015, Silver Galapagos 4/2016, Avalon Tapestry/Poetry French Waterways 10/2016, Oceania Marina 5/2017, Paul Gauguin 10/2017, SilverWind 7/2018, SilverSpirit 6/2019