Table for 2

Thinking of booking our 1st HA cruise. On Princess cruises the tables for 2 are so close together it's as if you're dining with those on either side of you. Is that the case with HA? It's certainly not a deal breaker. The itinerary we're looking at is amazing! Just curious. Thanks.:)

As CruiserBruce said, some are close, some are not...his suggestion about checking the layout is a good one.

On Zuiderdam this past March, I used the layout to find a selection of 2-3 tables for two that we preferred and let my PCC know I wanted to request a location. She noted it on my reservation, letting me know that it was only a request and not guaranteed.

As is our usual routine, we went to the main dining room to check our table location upon boarding and we were placed at my first choice, a two-top on the rail in the middle of the dining room, table 79. We thought it was perfect.

but you can probably figure them out with a little effort.
It's easy to zoom in!

On Maasdam lower we liked 168 or 169, at the end of a service station. We like to be near a service station because it's easy to catch the eye of a waiter if you need something and they're more likely to notice when you're ready for the next course. Second choices would be 156, 157, 158, 159.

We cruised on a table for two last cruise -- it was close and we got to say hello to the same folks every evening and yet chat with each other in private. want to eat alone - try your cabin maybe.

Thanks for the info. We do anytime dining. The cruise we're looking at is on the Maasdam. :)

We did fixed dining so this won't help you but we had table 28 on Maasdam and loved it. I would've preferred 26 (window) because there were so many whales around us but I was facing away from the window.

Cruising on maasdam June 24th. We have opening dining. Do I understand right that I can request a specific table?

It's easier to request a specific table in fixed dining, but if you want to make a list of the "good tables," you can request one of them.

Cruising on maasdam June 24th. We have opening dining. Do I understand right that I can request a specific table?
We've never tried to do an advance table request for Open seating. We just go to the podium at or near the Canaletto on boarding day with a list of tables and make a reservation for 3 days. They always say that it's not firm for a specific table, but so far we've always gotten what we asked for ... including on the Maasdam.

I've had everything from a two-top 6 inches from the one next to it, to one that was completely on its own. I learned pretty quickly to ask for a table that's "as private as possible" and generally have had good luck.

I had no idea you could request a preferred table. Does anyone have a recommendation for volendam table for 2 preferably looking out a window? TIA

go on line and get a look at the dinning room -- pick a table.

I had no idea you could request a preferred table. Does anyone have a recommendation for volendam table for 2 preferably looking out a window? TIA
You didn't say if you are in Fixed or Open seating. On the Fixed (upper) level there don't appear to be any 2-tops next to the windows: http://halfacts.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/VODM.pdf

We have fixed. Thanks
IIRC we got a bit of a view from table 26 on the sister ship Amsterdam, and 27 would be the same. Also you should be able to see some out the window from tables along the railing, 73 to 79 and 72 to 78.