Short but Sweet on the Imagination!-Brief review

BobbyD

Hi! When we were looking to book our cruise on the Carnival Imagination, there seemed to be minimal reviews available. I thought I would do my part and post a review. It will be fairly brief, as was the cruise, but if you have any questions, please ask and I'll try to do my best to answer.

We are 50-something husband and wife educators from CT. I am on a 12-month contract and have July 4th week off. We had plans to visit our son in San Francisco and wanted to do something prior to our visit. We thought about Vegas, LA, etc., and ended up finding this cruise from July 2-6, dates which worked out perfectly. It wouldn't break the bank and would allow us some time for just the two of us before visiting our son.

PRIOR TO CRUISE:

We drove to Boston on Saturday, July 1 and took a non-stop on American to LAX. Through Cruise Critic, I found out about the Rodeway Inn in Long Beach and decided to stay there. Pretty cheap ($145 all in) and we would only be there for about 12 hours so we didn't need anything fancier. I booked Premier Shuttle for a shared ride from LAX to the hotel for $33 for the both of us. Unfortunately, our plane was delayed leaving from Boston and we didn't arrive at LAX until 11:00. Premier Shuttle does not send out shared shuttles after 11:00 but refunded our money, which we had prepaid. We took an UBER instead for about the same cost and arrived at the Rodeway Inn around midnight.

The hotel is on a busy street and the check-in is behind bullet proof glass. Aside from that, nothing to worry about! The room was small and functional and served the purpose. Nice, big walk-in glassed shower as well.

The hotel has coffee/tea available 24 hours and also a small Continental Breakfast available in their "lobby". The lobby is the standing area inside the door and at the counter with the bullet-proof glass! We decided to go next door to the Breakfast Bar, a breakfast/lunch place with some outside seating. It is a bit "dive-ey" by appearance but the food was great and a bit more upscale than the decor! We missed the $3 bloodys from 6-8am but I had a great Bloody Mary for pretty cheap. There were tables available at 8:15am when we went but when we were done with breakfast 9-9:30 the line had already began to form and continued that way through the noon hour! Definitely a popular place and one not to be missed if you're in the area. They have coffee and water to sip while waiting on the sidewalk!

My wife and I decided (ok, she decided for me) that we would take a walk. We ended up walking down to the Aquarium area where we had great views of the Queen Mary and the Imagination. Nice area and a nice walk. The hotel area seems to be the dividing line between good/not so good areas so keep that in mind if that is a concern.

I had read that there are no hair dryers on the Imagination and of course forgot to tell my wife that. I remembered that morning and we found a CVS and purchased a cheap travel hair dryer. We had a 12:00-12:30 check-in at the port and took a UBER to the port at noon. It is about $6-$8 to the port with UBER. Embarkation next!

Just an FYI to the OP........................Hairdryers are available upon request. Not sure if they ever run out though.

I love the Imagination. I have sailed on her many times. Her crew is awesome!

I know that now! Actually, I figured that might be the case but I didn't want to take a chance on them running out. This was the only ship I have been on that didn't have hair dryers!

A quick note. My wife and I love to cruise. We have cruised Carnival, Royal Caribbean and Celebrity. This was our 5th Carnival Cruise and, when appropriate, I will make some comparisons, both good and bad. In full disclosure, Royal and now Celebrity are our go-to lines, but being Gold on CCL, we know and like the product!

EMBARKATION:

The UBER driver was a bit confused as he had never been to the port. We hadn't either but I noticed (a bit too late) that he was headed to the Queen Mary (left) when he should have headed to the cruise ships (right). No worry as he quickly figured it out after a trip through their parking lot and then back around. After getting dropped off, a porter quickly came and took our bags and we were on our way through security. We were in line for less than a minute and stepped right up to check in, get our picture taken and receive our passes. Embarkation was really fast! The port reminded us of Port of Baltimore in convenience and size.

It was nice to be able to fill out the health forms prior to check-in which saved some time. We had never done that before. During check-in I noticed that my wife received a gold card and I received a blue card. The woman told me to go to Guest Services when we boarded to receive the correct card.

Next up: The Ship!

THE SHIP:

Prior to our cruise on the Imagination, we had cruised in March on the RCI's, the Allure of the Seas. It was our second cruise on the Allure and we were actually looking forward to a smaller, more intimate cruise. I wasn't worried about the size, so going from a 225,000 ton mega-liner to a 70,000 ton "small" ship didn't bother me but I was a bit concerned about what condition this ship would be in, after being on an almost brand-new ship and now on one of the oldest ships in Carnival's fleet. Put your worries aside! The ship was in wonderful shape. I'm sure that the refurb last fall made a big difference but the ship is well taken care of. When boarding the ship, you enter in the atrium where passengers were milling about with many taking advantage of their first drink of the day! A male/female duo was singing and playing in the atrium and we were very excited to be on board.

My first chore on board was to get my pass changed to the proper color. The line was fairly short and we moved quickly through the line and had it changed no problem. The first thing that I noticed about the atrium was that it was very, very bright! The roof, 14 or so decks above, is made of all glass and the sun was shining in. The second thing that I noticed was that it seemed very small. We were on the Grandeur of the Seas to Bermuda, a similar (73,000 ton) size ship and the atrium/centrum on that ship seemed much bigger. Just an observation.

My wife and I walked around trying to get our bearings. It took me a few days to really get a grasp on which direction was forward and which was aft. By the time we figured it out, it was time to leave! Fortunately, when getting off the stairs, there are signs clearly marking even and odd numbered cabins! I just had to remember Party in the front, Food in the back! Of course, there's that crazy feature of older Carnival ships where you cannot go the length of the ship on some decks due to the galley. I remember hitting dead ends on the Glory but I outsmarted the Imagination this time!

Overall, nice ship. Very well kept up with crew constantly cleaning and tidying public spaces. In my opinion, passenger flow and ease of navigation on Carnival ships is not on par with Royal Caribbean ships, but the ship didn't really feel crowded and the smaller size allowed us to get to wherever we needed to go in a short time! We liked the decor as well! Just the right amount of neon!

CABIN:

We were in U124 on Upper Deck (deck 6), an oceanview. Great location, with easy access to two sets of stairs and two sets of elevators. However, the forward elevators never seemed to work or were just very slow so we ended up taking stairs more often on this cruise than any other ship. Worked off those Guys Burgers!

The cabin was very plain but functional. A standard and typical cabin. There was plenty of storage, especially for a shorter cruise. I noticed that life jackets were in the cabin although you did not need to bring them to the muster drill. More on the muster drill later. RCI and Celebrity does not put life jackets in the rooms any longer. They just want you to go to your muster station and they will supply them at the station. Slight difference.

Flat screen TV was in the corner of the room. Smallest TV I had ever seen on a ship! No problem but I noticed it right away. Bathroom was, again, very functional. Not a lot of style but I don't spend much time in there. Good pressure and nice hot water! I do miss the rounded plastic doors of the other lines, compared to the wrap around shower curtain of Carnival. There was not a lot of storage or shelving in the bathroom. Actually, it was almost nonexistent except for a shelf directly above the sink. For those with mobility issues, the step to the bathroom seemed higher than normal. For us, no problem but it might be for some.

The air conditioner was controlled with a vent on the ceiling. Open the vent, more AC, close the vent..... you get the picture. I love a cool room and opened the vent full blast. I have a thermometer/clock that I bring on cruises. The temperature read 63F/64F consistently! Wow! On the Allure, the room was way too hot and we had a tough time getting the temperature below 72F on that ship. For some, no big deal, but I do like a cool room. The bed was firm and we slept great!

The closet had a safe that you had to use a credit card to swipe. I wish it had a code similar to the safes on RCI and X.

The room was very bright and the window nice and large. My wife and I did miss our balcony, though, but the Imagination doesn't have balconies other than those found in suites.

Our cabin steward was Made and he was very attentive and visible, always saying hello. We are low maintenance people and all I ever ask for is ice daily. On embarkation day, Made stopped by to introduce himself and presented a form for us to fill out about whether or not we would like morning service, evening service, or both. We checked both and it was no problem. There was also a checklist for other needs such as hair dryer (!!!), extra towels, etc. I like the way that Carnival does that and I wonder what percentage of people put down both morning and evening service?

Next up, Food!!!

Prior to my cruise on the Imagination last summer, I could find few reviews, so I'm sure this thread will be appreciated by future cruisers.

We (grown daughter and I) had a great time on the Imagination. While I prefer HAL and Princess for longer cruises, I think Carnival does a good job at providing fun, budget-friendly short cruises.

I look forward to reading more of your review!

We've sailed the Fantasy Class ships out of Long Beach too many times to count. Mom still can't find that aft MDR without help.

Those bathroom vanities are horrible. The original design was a rectangular sink with a three-shelf mirrored medicine cabinet. Much more room then.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

FOOD:

Food, glorious food! Let me begin by saying that we like all different kinds of food and I have rarely had a meal (anywhere) that I didn't like. We are go-with-the-flow kind of people and that involves food as well. Food is subjective and is based on my culinary opinions! That being said, I thought the food on the cruise was very good to excellent.

Guys Burgers: After boarding the ship we headed right up to Guys Burgers and Mr. Fieri did not disappoint. I got a bit carried away with toppings but the burgers were fresh, the cheese was melty and the buns were soft. The fries are great as well, although I didn't remember them having a flavoring added to them but that certainly added to the goodness. I ended up having two over the course of the cruise and my wife visited Guy's an additional time! I was tempted to go with the double and triple that those in line were ordering but I behaved myself. Mostly. The only significant line was on embarkation day and they moved people along very quickly.

Blue Iguana Cantina: Very good as well. I had breakfast burritos (twice) and one day had the pork tacos (3), while my wife had her "extra" Guy's Burger. Service is fast and there was never a line.

Lido buffet: We never really ate in the Lido buffet. I grabbed a slice of pizza once and a quick dessert/snack but for the most part just used it to walk through to get from point A to point B. This was probably the first time on a cruise that we had not eaten in the buffet but we just took advantage of other options. Crowds seemed to be typical for the Lido. For those who don't like fighting the crowds for breakfast, we discovered that the area in between Guys and the Cantina serves a mini buffet breakfast, with all the usuals (eggs, bacon, sausage, waffles, etc.) along with made to order eggs and pastries. The Lido might have a few more options but the peace and quiet of eating outside without a bit of chaos was wonderful. It allowed me to get a breakfast burrito and supplement with hash browns (loved them!) and a bran muffin. For example! I highly recommend it and my wife and I were surprised that more cruisers didn't take advantage of this.

MDR: We are MDR people for dinner. We have never eaten dinner in the Lido on our many cruises and rarely eat at specialty restaurants. We were at a table of 2 with Camilo as our waiter. He was awesome and one of the best waiters we have ever had over 18ish cruises! He called our names before we had even sat down for our very first meal. Nice touch. It was our first experience with the American Table and there were many options. I had the flat iron steak off the everyday menu the very first night and Camilo brought me two because "they are small". Service was fast. Perhaps a bit too fast as we like to take our time during dinner but I can't complain. It certainly wasn't rushed at all, just very efficient. I noticed that Camilo had two tables of 10 not in our general area and he treated us as if we were his only customers. Highlights off the menu were Escargot (we love it and wish it was offered every night like RCI and X), chocolate melting cake (of course), Nutella Tiramusu, duck pot stickers, and spring rolls. There were others but those come to mind. Food was typically served hot (a complaint on our recent Allure cruise) and the presentation of the food was solid.

We also had SeaDay Brunch in the MDR. It was great and most of the menu looked very good. I had the Huevos Rancheros and the cheesy grits. Perhaps a bit TOO much cheese, but still very good.

I forgot to mention that I had emailed the Maitre D of the Imagination about 2-3 weeks prior to sailing to ask if we could have a table for 2. Some people enjoy the casual banter of meeting new people but we do not. We prefer to eat either alone or with people we know. Different strokes for different folks! Anyways, the Maitre D came through for us and we appreciate his effort. We never met him but that was ok as well!

To be continued. Lunch!

Chef's Table: We had done the Chef's table in 2011 on the Magic with my sons. They repaid me by treating my wife and I to the Chef's table for this cruise as a Father's Day gift! It was a different experience than on the Magic but equally as wonderful. The Chef's table took place on the 2nd night of the cruise, Cruise elegant night. I think the demand for the Chef's table was high this cruise and I believe they also had the event on a second night. We began in the atrium where they took attendance, gave us a flute of champagne and led by the #2 chef on the ship, took us to the kitchen/galley. The galley was in full swing for dinner service and the floor seemed a bit slippery (be careful!). They tucked us in a corner of the kitchen where the chef explained the night's events and we were served 4 different appetizers. So good! We were then taken to a demonstration of how they make chocolate melting cake and the chef made up a batch to show us how easy it was. We were then led through the MDR to the library, which had been transformed into a dining room. This is where the Chef's table would be held. There were 13 of us and we had our group picture taken and were seated at a long rectangular table. Couples were seated across from each other.

The dinner was awesome and we were served 7(?) courses, with time between for chit-chat and words by the chef and an appearance by the MDR magician. HIghlights included a wonderful tomato soup (2 different kinds), a duck entree, sea bass, and short ribs. The dessert was phenomenal and was highlighted by a caramel filled chocolate fudgey thing. Excellent! One difference from the Magic was that on the Magic each course was paired with a different wine. In this case you had your choice of either white or red (merlot) or both. But, the wines never changed. A bit disappointing but not the end of the world. I certainly had my fair share of wine. Cost was $75 plus standard gratuity and tax. Food and service was top notch and well worth the money, in my opinion. Just an FYI that the entire process was close to 3 hours, so don't have any big plans!

Another food options was the Tasting Bar (3 of the 4 nights). It was nice for a little snack prior to dinner. We did not take advantage of hte Deli, the midnight buffet options, or room service. Overall we felt the food was solid and we certainly were well-fed with many good options on the Imagination. I do wish that the ship had a Steakhouse as we really enjoyed that experience on the Glory. They do have Steakhouse options in the MDR but it is not the same as the experience in the venue itself. I just don't know where they would put it?!

BARS and DRINKS:

RCI has their martini and champagne bar, X has the Molecular/World Class Bar. Carnival has the Alchemy Bar! We really enjoyed that bar and visited each evening either for a cocktail (or 2) at the bar or a "roadie" to take into the theater. Rodolfo (sp) was wonderful and he made me a couple of off-the-menu drinks that were outstanding. Too bad I had mostly no idea what the many and varied ingredients were! Throughout the ship bar service was plentiful but non-intrusive. During the day we hung out in the Serenity Deck and there was consistent bar service there as well. We did not have the drink package because with both of us having to purchase, it would not have been a good choice financially. I felt that the overall drink prices on the ship were cheaper than on RCI or X. Drink packages are typically included with the cruise cost on X and I typically get the package on RCI. Royal is currently testing out the same policy as Carnival on the Harmony and I hope that they will stick to allowing only one member of the cabin to purchase the package. Too many people sharing, perhaps!

ENTERTAINMENT:

Entertainment is also very subjective but we felt the entertainment was decent. Not quite at the level of other ships but I think it is due to the restrictions of an older ship. There were two comedians all week with both PG-13 and R rated shows. Our schedules never aligned and we only saw one (the female), although on multiple occasions. She was pretty funny. We didn't love the Divas show although we did enjoy Epic Rock. We do enjoy production shows in general although we did miss the live orchestra found on the other lines. There were three small groups that played throughout the ship. There was a latin group, a male/female acoustic and a solo female acoustic. They were all very good and the music was plentiful. We did not play Bingo or attend the art auctions. Both seemed to be well attended. The Welcome Aboard show was just ok as it had an audience participation game mixed in, a la Hasbro game shows, which we don't prefer. The Love and Marriage show was typical of the genre but just as fun as always!

I haven't mentioned Alex the CD. He is young and full of energy with a great staff. Did I mention that he was Very young and full of lots of energy!! He definitely grew on us as the cruise went on and we appreciated his energy and visibility throughout the ship. He reminds me of a young (and American) Richard Spacey for those of you who might know Richard from Royal and X.

PORTS:

Part of the reason we took this cruise was to explore Ensenada, Mexico and Catalina Island. We have cruised the Mediterranean and the Caribbean, but never the Mexican Baja.

Catalina: We left Long Beach on Sunday, had a sea day on Monday, and then made it to Catalina on Tuesday, July 4th. For those who don't know, Catalina is only about 20 miles off the California coast, so the ship slowly (8-9 knots) cruises down past Ensenada, turns around and then returns to Catalina. It is a tender port. Let me address the tenders. We were told that there were 3 tenders so getting back and forth from the island wouldn't be a problem. We were off the ship in a jiffy but when it was time to return, that was a different story. There was a lack of communication between the ship and the Catalina Express Ferry system but we waited over an hour for our tender to come and take us back. All of the berths were taken up by these ferries. We have tendered throughout the world and we have never encountered such disorganization before. To add to the frustration, we kept getting told different places to line up by different people. Maybe it was just the time that we wanted to return (1:30ish) but it was a bit frustrating.

On Catalina we had reserved golf carts. Everyone says that you do not need to reserve them and that might be true, but I was worried about them being sold out with it being July 4th. Catalina was a wonderful island and we had a blast bopping around on our golf carts. Some of the roads are a bit windy and high up without guardrails, so be careful. No racing! We rented for two hours and one hour wouldn't have been enough. Cost was $45/hour for a 4-seater. They give you a map and it is impossible to get lost. So he says.

When we tendered in at 9:30am, the small beach was already full with spots staked out. The main street was already lined with towels and folding chairs holding spots for the annual parade!! We stopped and chatted with a local who told us the theme was both July 4th and the Chicago Cubs. This was to celebrate the World Series win by the Cubbies as the island was once owned by Mr. Wrigley. The Cubs had spring training on Catalina from 1921-1951. The parade featured the usual local dignitaries, fire engines, civic groups, etc., and decorated golf carts! The higlight and leading off the parade was the USC Trojans marching band, complete with cheerleaders and flag twirlers. How cool is that! We saw them warming up and a crowd gathered to take photos of the band and get pictures with the cheerleaders. The thought did cross my mind! Haha. For those of you who have been on Block Island, off the coast of RI, Catalina is fairly similar, but a bit more commerical and built up.

Prior to the cruise, Carnival had switched the itinerary and put the Day at Sea first so that we would be in Catalina for July 4th. They also extended departure to 9:30, although we had to be back on board by 5:30, I think. Catalina held a big fireworks display at 9:00 and the MDR was only about half full that night. We chose dinner over fireworks but service was quick and we did catch the very end of it. Carnival Inspiration took a detour and came into port to witness the fireworks and then took off, returning to Catalina the next morning.

Ensenada: After Catalina, we headed south again to Ensenada. My wife and I had booked independently an ATV and Wine tour. We had done ATVs before and enjoyed the experience. Combining tooling around on an ATV and wine! Perfect match! Carnival offers a similar tour but this was cheaper and I believe involved more ATV riding. We were in touch by email and they gave us directions to meet them at the bridge just outside the port. It was a 2-3 minute walk and a gentleman was there, holding a sign with our name on it. We walked another block to the ATVs. We were fitted with helmets, signed our waivers, and paid them in cash. The cost was $80pp for a 4 hour tour. We found out that we were the only two people on the tour so off we went, our guide on an ATV, followed by my wife and I on our own machines. We made our way through town and headed to the hills. Prior to departing he asked us if we were comfortable and wanted to do any off-roading. Before I could answer, my wife did so, "Heck yeah!" Once we got to the top point of Ensenada, we took a detour and then proceeded to off-road over the mountain and down the other side. So cool and very interesting country side. Very arid and dry but beautiful nonetheless. We ended up visiting three wineries. The tastings were not included in the price and our guide just waited outside while we took our time. The tastings were typically $7-8 at each winery with 3-4 wines included. It was very nice and some we liked and others not so much. All of the wineries were very different and there seemed to be an emphasis on sustainability. We had a snack of short rib tacos at one of the vineyards ($7 for 3) which hit the spot! We headed back and it took about 50 minutes to return to the garage. On the return home, we took a shortcut through a road in which there had been some landslides due to rain. Our guide told us that there typically wasn't any construction and we should be able to pass through. Of course, there was construction going on and the road was blocked off. The construction worker stationed at the pass (blocked with a chain) told us we could not pass and needed to go around. After a brief negotiation and a few pesos changing hands, the chain came down and the guard turned his back and we motored through all the construction! I couldn't stop laughing. Small time corruption at its best!

Anyway, it was an awesome excursion and I highly recommend it for those who are adventurous. We gave our guide a nice tip. He offered to drive us downtown and drop us off for us to experience some "real" margaritas. By that point (2:30) we were tuckered out and wanted some lunch and to just relax. A short walk back to the ship and we were back on board. I do wish that we were able to experience the town more but next time!

Next up: Odds and Ends in Conclusion

CONCLUSION:

I wanted to finish with just some thoughts and observations. I thought this review would be briefer than it ended up being, but hopefully it will help those who are looking for a shorter, fun cruise on the Imagination!

My wife and I were looking forward to this cruise for many reasons. One being that after our most recent cruise on the Allure, our second time on that ship, we felt that it was too big. It wasn't the crowds but more just some intangibles that we couldn't really identify. We felt it more so on the second time than the first. That is not to say that we don't like big ships, as I think my favorite ship so far has been the Freedom of the Seas, but we were really looking forward to this cruise on a smaller ship. An old school cruise! Well, the Imagination didn't disappoint. Even though we had our usual challenges with manipulating the ship, we loved the ability to get from point to point fairly quickly and didn't miss all the bells and whistles of a larger, newer ship.

Some random/not so random observations:

• On our recent cruises on X and Royal, there were dedicated crew members standing around with hand sanitizers spritzing the liquid onto your hands. They seemed to be everywhere and if there wasn't a staff member, there were numerous free standing dispensers. On Carnival, there was a dispenser entering the MDR and I didn't really notice any others. I'm sure there were others but they were not front and center. I am not a germophobe and didn't even really notice until my wife pointed it out to me on day 3, but it is an observation.
  • Muster: Longest and most inefficient muster drill in memory. It took close to 40 minutes. We were assigned to Muster Station F, which assembled on the pool deck. We stood in rows while they took attendance and then proceeded to call out 20-30 names of those who either didn't check in or had shown up late. At that point they announced that all other muster stations now had to be led to their life boats so that the passengers knew where to go in an emergency. We did not because of our proximity to the boats. That took at least another 20 minutes waiting for over 1000 passengers to move from their muster station to the boats. Standing in the hot sun could have been problematic for elderly, passengers, etc. and the wait just seemed unnecessary. But, what do I know! The vast majority of passengers at our muster station were on their best behavior but many retreated out of line to get under cover and grab something to drink. Others, mostly kids, sat or laid on the deck waiting for the all clear. Perhaps the layout of the ship dictates this format and certainly 40 minutes is not too big a price to pay for safety, but it seems as if the process can be more streamlined than it was, particularly with passengers who might not be able to stand in the hot sun for extended periods of time.
  • Fellow passengers: Awesome! In full disclosure, I had read and heard that shorter cruises were nothing but booze cruises where unruly passengers were out of control! Nothing of the sort. The atmosphere on the ship during this 4 night cruise was no different from our 7,10,12,or even 14 day cruises. Everybody seemed to behave themselves (me included!) and have fun. I'm sure there were incidents along the way but I was quite pleased and maybe a bit surprised at the atmosphere of the cruise. Kids were under control and there were many, many multi-generational families for reunion type of cruises, complete with T-shirts identifying their reason for cruising! It was awesome and those who think that Carnival attracts a certain "type" or "class" of cruiser should have been on this cruise to dispel that myth!
  • Dress: This is not about dress in the MDR. It is about the fact that many, many passengers dressed as if they were on an Alaskan cruise! Coming from New England, any temperature above 40F is an invitation to wear shorts and short sleeved shirts! It was mostly warm and sunny on this cruise, with temperatures in the mid 70's. There were more people dressed in jackets, sweatshirts, down vests, and even parkas than I could believe. Again, do what you got to do, but it was just a bit different than I expected!

I'm done. If you made it this far, thanks for reading. Any questions, just let me know and I'll try to help. Looking forward to our next cruise on Carnival. Perhaps the Vista class?!!!

Very well thought out and organized review, thank you.

You sound like my husband when it comes to wearing shorts. We frequent Florida often and he always notices how many people have on long sleeves, pants and jackets in the winter months. We think it is warm coming from the North.

Absolutely one of the best and most succinct reviews I have read! Enjoyed your descriptions and also comparisons with other lines. I t is nice to see how lines compare and how each has their highlights and things they can improve on. Imagination was my very first ship and I enjoyed her. Glad to see she is holding up! Glad you had a wonderful cruise.

Absolutely one of the best and most succinct reviews I have read! Enjoyed your descriptions and also comparisons with other lines. I t is nice to see how lines compare and how each has their highlights and things they can improve on. Imagination was my very first ship and I enjoyed her. Glad to see she is holding up! Glad you had a wonderful cruise.

Thanks. It was fun to do.

• 1 month later...

My hubby and I were on the Imagination last October and I loved her! Your review made me jealous and so ready to be on that ship again. We will be on the Miracle at the end of October and then I'm taking my mom on the Imagination in March 2018. I figure a smaller ship that I'm familiar with is a great first cruise for her.

Thanks for the great review! I really enjoyed reading it and reminiscing about our own trip on her.