Solar Eclipse Today!

*Miss G*

Vancouver WA...beautiful sunrise. Clear skies as of now!! About 98%. I only have to walk to the park near my house and watch. Starts right after 9 am Pacific time...10:17 or so will be as total as we get!

Enjoy this event everyone. I am going to just watch...no pictures..save that for the professionals!! :p

We're around 78%. For those of you who are in the totality, please remember: Do not buy any strange or interesting plants during or after the eclipse. Remember what happened last time.

E0MklanXNTY

We're around 78%. For those of you who are in the totality, please remember: Do not buy any strange or interesting plants during or after the eclipse. Remember what happened last time.

E0MklanXNTY

😲 OMG!

You made my day POA-1!

From wine to Christmas jingles and to finding the appropriate video for today eclipse your right on! Thanks for the memories!

Denise😎

Kansas City - 100% totality!! But driving north to have an even longer total eclipse. Hopefully 2+ minutes.

My father-in-law (Tennessee) and my sister (South Carolina) are both in the ~90 mile wide totality band. I'm excited for them, but sad, because they'll be the first to be sacrificed. Hopefully the eclispse will be over before the Mayans get them.

😲 OMG!

You made my day POA-1!

From wine to Christmas jingles and to finding the appropriate video for today eclipse your right on! Thanks for the memories!

Denise😎

Happy to help! We had Bonnie Tyler's "Total Eclipse of the Heart" on our work list, but realized that it's the wrong kind.

lcOxhH8N3Bo

My spouse works for one of the "cool" companies. They're having an Eclipse viewing party, bought glasses for everyone, pizza for lunch, Sunkist orange soda do drink, Sun Chips to snack on, and Moon Pies for dessert.

My spouse works for one of the "cool" companies. They're having an Eclipse viewing party, bought glasses for everyone, pizza for lunch, Sunkist orange soda do drink, Sun Chips to snack on, and Moon Pies for dessert.

Or are they just fattening them up so the executives can survive the sacrifice? ;)

98.8% in Vancouver WA. All done (at 10:30 AM PDT) and starting to lighten up outside. Never completely dark here but definitely needed the lights on inside the house. Be sure and look at the shadows of trees on concrete or a light colored fence. The leaves act like pinhole cameras and you can see the crescent shape of the sun.

All done here in UT. My shoebox worked just fine. And, it is true about the leaves on concrete - the shadows on my patio did change. I also watched my local TV station broadcasting from Rexburg, ID - where they had a quick total eclipse. People were weeping...

98.8% in Vancouver WA. All done (at 10:30 AM PDT) and starting to lighten up outside. Never completely dark here but definitely needed the lights on inside the house. Be sure and look at the shadows of trees on concrete or a light colored fence. The leaves act like pinhole cameras and you can see the crescent shape of the sun.

The shadows were definitely interesting!

Totality was about 45 minutes ago. Watched it through thin clouds, got darker and cooler, the street lights came on, saw the diamond ring and some color, did not see the shadow bands, stars or planets. Glad I did not settle for 98% coverage at home, totality was something special.