quiet place day of embarktion with good internet service ( from port-cell NOT ship)

Katie0713

We have booked a short cruise after my daughter's wedding for the bridal party and family to meet the newlyweds after their solo trip to Tennessee.

My daughter is a NP online program and she finally got her spring schedule and has to have a PROCTORED online test on the Thursday we get on the ship. She can do it the morning/noon /early afternoon.

We are on the Sensation out of Miami. I was wondering if anybody has any ideas where she could do this online test that obviously requires internet connection and quiet area. My idea was the library but I did not know if the internet service that was NOT ship but her own HOT SPOT from her iphone would work in the library. We will still be in port so Verizon service will be available, I just don't know how good it will be in the library? Ship WIFI will be too slow to use for testing purposes ( and probably too costly)

Any ideas???

Where are you in the AM before you board the ship??

I'd try to get it out of the way before getting on board so I'd do it before even going to the port.

This. In the best of circumstances service on the ship can be spotty, even in port.

In my experience with proctored online exams, the course professor usually requires you to use a prearranged place with a proctor present. She may be able to use a library or nearby university that offers proctors. It's best for her to check with her professor about proctoring requirements before she decides. Proctor definition, "a person who monitors students during an examination." So it is very likely she'll need more than just a quiet place with good wi-fi.

I have had friends that do online college and their proctored tests are via video camera.

As others have said, I would try and do the test EARLY before boarding. Wifi or connections sucked on the ship. No place beside your room will be private enough and don't forget muster. If you are in the middle of the test and you are called to muster, that will be it. Every person must attend. If possible get up extra early and do at the hotel. Good luck!