How much time to allow for Iguazu falls ?

The Other Tom

I appreciate this info! I read the reviews and think this may work for us. Did you take the bus, cab or a private transport to get to the falls? Do you recall how long it took you to get to the falls and the cost for transport?

I know there are many who advocate for DIY, after my experience I do not, but that's me YMMV. That said, Below is a link to the company I used and I was completely happy. I did stay 2 nights and saw both sides, Brazil the first afternoon and Argentina the second day, flew back to AEP on the morning of day 3 and a car directly to the port. If you book with them, You may likely get Vanessa, who was fantastic, the company they contracted with was excellent and ask for guide Miguel, the best tour guide I have been with EVER!

Time varies due to traffic, especially if you cross the border back into Argentina, I can't really estimate. The cost varies depending what options you choose. I found the cost pretty reasonable especially compared to what cruise lines want for a day trip, my trip was less for a 2 night trip.

https://www.argentina4u.com/es/tours-en-iguazu.html

Edited by hpeabody
  • Like 1

Can you provide more detail regarding which tour you booked? Did you make your own air and hotel reservations or did this tour company take care of this too? Did they pick up/ drop off from the hotel or airport? Did you meet them at the park? Did you need to obtain your own visa for Brazil?

We are currently planning to stay over 1 night with a visit to the Argentina side to include the boat ride, but are trying to figure out if we can fit in an extra night so we can also go to the Brazil side.

Can you provide more detail regarding which tour you booked? Did you make your own air and hotel reservations or did this tour company take care of this too? Did they pick up/ drop off from the hotel or airport? Did you meet them at the park? Did you need to obtain your own visa for Brazil?

We are currently planning to stay over 1 night with a visit to the Argentina side to include the boat ride, but are trying to figure out if we can fit in an extra night so we can also go to the Brazil side.

Air Booking (LATAM) bet AEP and IGR ------ Made by me

Hotel Booking ------ Made by me

Airport Transfers, Tours/Hotel Pick-ups ------ Argentina4U

Car Transfers in Buenos Aires ------ Argentina4U

I booked a combo package with Brazil side first afternoon and Argentina side the next day. The package also included all airport transfers in Iguazu (IGR) All that Argentina4U contracted went flawlessly.

If you can add the second night, you will be happy you did. Each side is a different experience

We can highly recommend Pablo at 01Argentina -

http://www.01argentina.com/index.php

he arranged airfare, hotel and transfers to and from IGU ( we did not use a tour guide at the falls altho he could have arranged that also)- he was very responsive to my numerous questions and everything went very smoothly.

We can highly recommend Pablo at 01Argentina -

http://www.01argentina.com/index.php

he arranged airfare, hotel and transfers to and from IGU ( we did not use a tour guide at the falls altho he could have arranged that also)- he was very responsive to my numerous questions and everything went very smoothly.

I booked through him also and had a great trip. I did 3 nights at the Melia and a full day in Argentina side and another on the Brazil side. The tours at the Falls were subcontracted to Caracol. For a total of 2 nights in BsAs, 3 nights in Iguazu with 2 days touring, flights and all transfers, my single occupancy rate was $1000 less than the cruise line for 1 night BsAs, 2 nights at Iguazu with transfers.