What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

CCHelp

Does anyone know what it means if the bed is by the closet it is narrowest (I know what the word means) but movement around room? Also depth of cabin. I hear 9, 12 then 10, 15 11&14, then 13 being last for depth? Is that how tall room is?

From a previous post you are in 15286 (a red {maroon} cabin) aft facing balcony class B1

Use this LINK to search for details about the NCL ESCAPE:

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/member/Norwegian-Escape

Click on deck 15 go to the bottom to see your cabin.

Note little camera image - click on it for more views of your cabin.

Use the photo images for size (depth dimensions).

Excellent choice !

Enjoy !

Just received notification that our bid from outside cabin to mini suite on 16 October Breakaway cruise was accepted. We are Australian so our bid was in Aussie dollars we only bid $10 over minimum so paid $80 per person Australian which is about $58 usd.

We were offered 4 upgrade choices but only bid on the balcony cabin which we offered only $5 more than minimum and mini suite which we won! The other offers we received that we didn't bid on was spa balcony and spa mini suite.

Just got informed my bid from an ocean view to a balcony has been ACCEPTED!! Bid minimum...$40/pp. I think we just got lucky, I think it depends on how full the ship is.

That's amazing! My Getaway sailing still seems to have quite a bit of availability, so I'm hopeful we'll win our upgrade bid too!

You will receive an email if there is something wrong with your form of payment, at least that’s what happened with me. The email said something along the line that there was an error processing the payment and gave me a link to update.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you for the info! Like I said, I was just curious. We've never sailed with NCL before, so we didn't know that had we been offered the upgrade with the wrong card, would the offer have been rescinded. Curiosity quelled. lol

Just received notification that our bid from outside cabin to mini suite on 16 October Breakaway cruise was accepted. We are Australian so our bid was in Aussie dollars we only bid $10 over minimum so paid $80 per person Australian which is about $58 usd.

We were offered 4 upgrade choices but only bid on the balcony cabin which we offered only $5 more than minimum and mini suite which we won! The other offers we received that we didn't bid on was spa balcony and spa mini suite.

Congratulations!!!:tropical-drink::ship::ship: :ship:

If it’s a Haven room, those are given out the Tuesday before sailing. We’re on that sailing with you in a 2 BR suite.

Hmm. We leave on Saturday and our bids for two Haven rooms are still showing as "pending." Today is Wednesday. Should know before noon tomorrow.

Congradulation.

I'm still no new from mon bid 9/30 and 10/7 gateway... I bid minimun to inside-oceanview and inside to balcony 5 day left !!

Keep your eyes peeled! We are also booked on the Getaway for 10/7 with 2 other couples. One couple was just upgraded from ocean view yesterday. We bid for upgrades from the balcony to a few different options. Still no word yet for us.

The price just dropped on my cruise. Does that affect the bids? Does that mean they are closer to processing?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Forums mobile app

A qualifying answer YES - because NCL has 78 days to process the upgrades (80 days from sailing till 2 days before).

With the price dropping NCL is no doubt trying to wrench squeeze out the last nickel and dime out of the

consumers pocket before offering the upgrades which are for the most part a heavily discounted departure

from the original fare that a cabin was selling for.

Getting back to the original question what cruise are you on and how many days remain till the 2 day cut off ?

Even then NCL could still be processing (offers) last minute upgrades right up to registration and check-in.

The website may state the ship is SOLD OUT - but last minute circumstances customer cancellations weather

intervention etc. may create unexpected vacancies.

Does that affect the bids - YES - may defer the awarding till later after fare sales.

Does that mean that NCL is closer to processing - YES - each day closer to the 2 day cut-off means that

NCL has less time to find a customer willing to book the full or lowered fare for a cabin before having to

resort to selling at a deep discount the cabin by bid.

For NCL timing is everything !

A qualifying answer YES - because NCL has 78 days to process the upgrades (80 days from sailing till 2 days before).

With the price dropping NCL is no doubt trying to wrench squeeze out the last nickel and dime out of the

consumers pocket before offering the upgrades which are for the most part a heavily discounted departure

from the original fare that a cabin was selling for.

Getting back to the original question what cruise are you on and how many days remain till the 2 day cut off ?

Even then NCL could still be processing (offers) last minute upgrades right up to registration and check-in.

The website may state the ship is SOLD OUT - but last minute circumstances customer cancellations weather

intervention etc. may create unexpected vacancies.

Does that affect the bids - YES - may defer the awarding till later after fare sales.

Does that mean that NCL is closer to processing - YES - each day closer to the 2 day cut-off means that

NCL has less time to find a customer willing to book the full or lowered fare for a cabin before having to

resort to selling at a deep discount the cabin by bid.

For NCL timing is everything !

I'm still relatively far out. We sail 11/4. Less than 40 days

Sent from my SM-G965U using Forums mobile app

Does it matter when the bid is placed? I received the email in August, but only placed the bid last week. Sailing on October 7th. I'm guessing my chances are slim to none. I bid from a balcony to a spa balcony or spa mini.

At 80 days out is the first opportunity to bid.

The closing is supposed to be 2 days before sailing.

Placing a bid anytime during the time frame is what puts you into the pool (or spa).

When NCL processes (closes) the bidding is anyone's guess -

But we are getting fairly close to finding that out on a routine basis -

if the ship is sailing nowhere near capacity expect the bidding will be done sooner rather than later -

makes for a smoother administrative and boarding control process -

If the ship is sailing full - NLC is going to want to achieve maximum yield on the cabin space and may even

take it down to the 2 day closing point - NCL is not going to award a discounted cabin when there is the

possibility of getting more from a last minute walk-up guest with a reduced final sale lower fare that still is

more than the upgraded bid.

There is a method to this bid upgrading madness - each day we get closer to figuring is all out - BUT THEN !

As for guessing about your chances - SLIM to NONE - well they will certainly be ZERO if you do not participate !

For a few dollars more that you will not be charged unless ungraded you have nothing to lose in trying for the upgrade.