Cruise Norwegian vs. iConcierge

kpjb

I got a message from NCL to download the Cruise Norwegian app for my upcoming cruise. Does this replace the iConcierge app? They're both available for download and it looks like they have a lot of the same functionality.

I got a message from NCL to download the Cruise Norwegian app for my upcoming cruise. Does this replace the iConcierge app? They're both available for download and it looks like they have a lot of the same functionality.

Which App you use depends on which ship you are sailing on. Check out the website:

https://www.ncl.com/apps

OK. Going on the Getaway, so I'll need the new one.

Anyone out there familiar with the on board texting/calling feature? I hear the one on iConcierge was spotty and not worth the fee. Taking kids this time, so if the app works reliably for texting I may pay for that feature.

OK. Going on the Getaway, so I'll need the new one.

Anyone out there familiar with the on board texting/calling feature? I hear the one on iConcierge was spotty and not worth the fee. Taking kids this time, so if the app works reliably for texting I may pay for that feature.

I’m with you seeing this is a new app I’m hoping someone will have a review of the text feature the grandkids will hate having to take there phones everywhere but it will make it so much easier to find them. So fingers crossed on a review.

As noted in post directly above, it has been confirmed by others lately as working, somewhat, on 2 ships only - rest of the fleet, using running on the older app.

My advice, download & install both app - iOS or Androids, it doesn't take up a lot of storage space - uninstall later once onboard if you can reliably use one of them ... #cough #cough, "reliable" is the buzz word.

Good luck - we are going soon on the Escape & doing the same, going have both of them in iOS and Oreo/Pie ... only one of them will load on Fire tablet, LOL..

I was on the Getaway this week and can confirm that the new Cruise Norwegian app works on the Getaway. I found it really handy. I didn't pay for the messaging/calls feature but it was like having the Freestyle daily in your hand all day. Plus, you could make reservations on it for free. They're still working a few bugs out but I recommend giving it a try, especially if you are cell phone inclined!

I have always thrown my phone in the safe on the first day and taken it out when we are ready to disembark, but this year we're taking our kids along for the first time, so I'd like to give them a bit of freedom but still keep in touch if needed. If the $7 texting function works, that's great. I just heard that it was horribly inconsistent on the old app.

Two weeks to go till I am on the Getaway. The latest info on NCL site says Cruise Norwegian is now the one you need for the Getaway. Glad I saw this as had used iConcierge in the past and had updated all phones and ipad to make sure I had the latest version of iConcierge downloaded. So I guess I'll just add Cruise Norwegian to them so I have both.

I tried to use the IConcierge app on the Breakaway. It worked long enough for me to pay the $9.95 fee for messaging and then quit working. I went to the internet guy and he insisted it was a software problem. I was disappointed as it would've been nice to communicate with others onboard and keep up with the daily activities. I didn't think it was worth it to pay $13.93 a day for the social media package.

For those who have used the new app........I assume you still put your cell phone on airplane mode to stop any texts or calls from coming in while on the cruise?

Yes. And should always due this to avoid huge charges from your home carrier, whether using the NCL apps or not.

Does anyone have info regarding a timeline for the rest of NCL fleet to receive the Cruise Norwegian app upgrade? I sail on the Jade in March and hoping she has the new app available to use. I used the iConcierge app on the Pearl a year and a half ago, it was ok, handy but just ok. Look fwd to reading reviews from those who use the new Cruise Norwegian app.