Travelling with kids / children

LRC

Hi all, we'll be taking our almost 3 year old with us on board the Explorer later this month. For those that have traveled on board with young children is there anything I need to definitely pack or not pack? She still has milk in the morning and at bedtime so I was think of taking A2 powdered milk which is what I did when I took her to New York at Christmas.. so my two questions are:

1. Hot water availability? I know you can't take personal water heaters in the cabins however I was thinking of taking a thermos to get hot water from the dining areas.. is this possible or is there an easier solution?

2. Kids dining.. do the restaurants offer crayons/paper etc during the kids dining time or should I take my own to keep her occupied at the table once the food disappears?

Anything else I MUST take?

I think I'm covered with everything else. She's a great traveler, very quiet, doesn't run riot..

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

1. There is hot water in the Pantry so definitely take your thermos if you want to take it back to your room. But there is also milk options up in the Pantry as well (not sure if there is A2 milk though).

2. There are no crayons in any of the dining areas, so if that is something that your child likes to do while waiting for you to finish (my kids watch some pre-loaded shows on an ipad), then definitely take your own.

As for other things to pack - just make sure you have a few little things from home that they like to play with. When I travelled with my 3yo, I had some trains and some puzzles and his favourite teddies with us. He did like going to the kids club, though, that kept him entertained as well.

Have fun!