Acadia Air Tours

fl.princess

I know nothing about this tour other than to tell you it's probably based out of Trenton Airport, about 25min from where you tender into Bar Harbor. I fly (privately) myself in this region all the time, and CAN tell you that is is unreal picturesque and one of the best places to fly on the whole east coast. The island are beautiful, lighthouses, and you can fly a little further out and see schools of herring, whales, etc. I'm sure you'd enjoy it. Turbulence is usually not much of an issue there in the later summer/fall as the ocean keeps air temps steady.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My husband and I did take the glider plane. It was a great experience if anyone is considering it. The pilot was great and has been flying gliders for years! When you get into the port, Acadia Air Tours is right there. They will show you a video of the different flights offered. There is a free shuttle service to and from the airport. Highly recommend to see great views over Bar Harbor!

My husband and I did take the glider plane. It was a great experience if anyone is considering it. The pilot was great and has been flying gliders for years! When you get into the port, Acadia Air Tours is right there. They will show you a video of the different flights offered. There is a free shuttle service to and from the airport. Highly recommend to see great views over Bar Harbor!

Glad you had a good time and got to fly around the islands!

Archived