3 Days in NOLA, looking for best BBQ beef ribs, any suggestions

delmar60

New Orleans has never been much of a barbecue town. Places come and go, but there are only two places still around that fit the bill. One is pretty far out on the northern edge of the city. The other, The Joint, is in the Bywater neighborhood, about 15 blocks from downtown/French Quarter:

http://www.alwayssmokin.com

Great barbecue and very reasonable prices.

The Joint has good beef brisket and McClure's (inside NOLA Brewing) has good pork ribs I am not sure about beef ribs at either place. Moe's Original, a chain started by some U of Alabama students, does a lot of smoked meats. We like VooDoo BBQ's dry rub. Sorry I can't tell you about beef ribs per se but maybe the above will get you started. Since you have a love of smoked meats, you may like Cochon Cajun and Southern Cooking and Butcher.

• 1 month later...

This is akin to looking for the best boiled crawfish in Omaha. You can limit yourself to a single dish, found at few places, or enjoy some of the best cuisine in the world in dozens of New Orleans restaurants.

This is akin to looking for the best boiled crawfish in Omaha. You can limit yourself to a single dish, found at few places, or enjoy some of the best cuisine in the world in dozens of New Orleans restaurants.

I have to agree, I also love, love, love BBQ but that's not what NOLA is about. Do yourself a favor and sample some of the wonderful NOLA cuisine.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thank You! Oh so accurate! Best laugh I have had in days.