Falconry tour in Dubai

ceba

Good place. They serve slow roasted falcon. Only soft drinks, as they don't have an alcohol license. 🦅

Wait??? I'm talking about a tour learning about and watching the LIVE falcons during their training at the conservation park. I'm pretty sure they don't eat them after the tour is over.:o :')

I was dealing with quite a few members of the different Middle Eastern Royal families.

When the subjects of falcons came up we were talking about that some of the very best and trained hunting falcons do actually come from Austria. Then they said Oh yes, we get hand-made riffles from there. Then I was teasing them that for the rich people in Austria "Falcon hunting" means shooting the falcons. Of course that horrified the Arabs. "Oh no! Falcon very expensive".

Well, I told them, not everyone can afford this, of course. If its too expensive for you...

:-)

Oh the fun we had!

• 2 months later...

I don't know if you're still interested but we just did the Royal Shaheen Falconry safari 2 weeks ago and loved it! Spent the morning in the conservation area with 2 falconers and 5 birds (2 falcons, 1 owl, 1 hawk and 1 eagle). And we didn't just watch and learn, we each put on the gloves and each of the birds landed on it! It was a wonderful experience, looking them in the eye, up close.

Afterwards we visited the Falconry Museum and the Falcon Souk. We didn't buy anything, just were amazed at the birds and accessories for sale.

Hope you have a great time, whatever you decide to do.