MUSE Onboard cruise sales

etual324

So, now the Spirit Fall 2018 cross (London to NY) has the following cruise critics booked or intent to booK:

EnglishUsa

Jolleyjones

Monty

Sara

Spinnaker2

Vintners

WesW

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wes, sorry I misled you, Monty and Sara own a vineyard. So we can't count them twice.

• 2 weeks later...
So, now the Spirit Fall 2018 cross (London to NY) has the following cruise critics booked or intent to booK:

EnglishUsa

Jolleyjones

Monty

Sara

Spinnaker2

Vintners

WesW

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Laura and I are booking this crossing. Spoke with the onboard Cruise Consultant today.

Good morning Laurence,

Have been consumed with house guests this past weekend.

Wonderful to have Laura and you on board the Spirit fall crossing next September. Please do sign up for the Silversea Silver Spirit and Cruise critic meet and mingle.

Okay, Wes, I am now convinced you are following Eric and me around! Guess who is on the 2018 Spirit crossing to NYC? We loved the Spirit crossing in 2016, so signed up while onboard for the 2018 crossing, especially since it ended in NYC. And sounds like we will see Jollyjones again (also on the 2016 crossing) as well!

For the others, what I am referring to above is that it turns out that Wes and Ida are on the same Regent Mariner (Lima to BA) cruise that Eric and I are on in January. We have known Wes for many many years via CC and email, but have never actually met (even though it seems like we have!). We just found that out and were excited to finally meet. And now I see that there is another cruise (and even on a different cruise line!) that we have in common. So double the excitement!

Good Thursday Morning Janice, wonderful to learn Eric and you are also on the Spirit crossing. We also love the Spirit's crossings (variety of dining venues, familiar crew (tho some have defected to the Muse). As of today, am only aware that spinnaker2 (Candy & Larry) and Vintners (Sara & Monty) have booked. Hope other cruise critics (jollyjones, EnglishUSA, et. al., book).

Please (and other Silversea cruise critics that have booked), please register for the Silver Spirit 2018 Fall Crossing, link below:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=54228457#post54228457

Good Thursday Morning Janice, wonderful to learn Eric and you are also on the Spirit crossing. We also love the Spirit's crossings (variety of dining venues, familiar crew (tho some have defected to the Muse). As of today, am only aware that spinnaker2 (Candy & Larry) and Vintners (Sara & Monty) have booked. Hope other cruise critics (jollyjones, EnglishUSA, et. al., book).

Please (and other Silversea cruise critics that have booked), please register for the Silver Spirit 2018 Fall Crossing, link below:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=54228457#post54228457

I booked and paid in full at the same time Spins did, I'm pretty sure English USA did too, to take advantage of the 'hurry up and and pay now and save 10%' unrepeatable sale ... which SS keeps repeating every three months ... but usually with price increases. So we'll be there.

BTW, I see we're now embarking at Tilbury - I'm guessing that the new Greenwich pier isn't going to be done in time. Tilbury is, albeit further away than Greenwich, possibly a bit easier to get to if you're staying in London for a day or two pre-cruise. I'll be getting a tube to Tower Hill and walking up to Fenchurch St station (you can get a taxi, of course) then get the Southend Central train to Tilbury Town station, and a taxi to the pier. It's about a mile to the cruise pier which is adjacent to the Tilbury Ferry Terminal.

http://www.c2c-online.co.uk

Southend Central via Grays train route

Tilbury Taxis +44 1375 855555

If you were thinking of flying in the same morning and getting a car service from LHR to the pier, I'd advise against it. It's a terrible journey right across the full width of London - you'd need to go round the M25, that well known parking lot, altho' fair enough, from the M25 to Tilbury won't be too bad.

Edited by jollyjones

Hi Jolly!

The plan was to resurrect our trivia team! And we were going to have fun in Manhattan post cruise, but I haven't heard from Sara or Monty.

I will see if I have their email address.

I hope David isn't angry with me that we had to cancel this last cruise due to Irma...

Now watching Nate.

:-(

Thanks Jolly for confirming your on board the Fall crossing. Here is what David replied to me via Facebook Messenger on Sept 27th:

I'm currently on-board Spirit in Venice and lots of little men with tapemeasures in the library! New outdoor furniture in place today. I'm not currently booked on Spirit 2018 fall. Next in November 2017 - Suez.

Jolly, thanks also for LHR drive time/traffic heads up to Tilbury. We are using Silversea air & transfer, thus may be using their group transfer to Tilbury/Spirit in morn of Sept 10th. Presently, on mysilversea (our documents Tab) the group transfer is scheduled for Sept. 10th. Will have our TA when Silversea air has fidelity of air from ATL to LHR, verify the LHR-Tilbury transfer plan. We experienced an hour drive (vs 15 min) from our London Hotel in July to the Tower Bridge pier due to traffic--not a great way to start our stunning Norway Silver Wind voyage.

Jolly, Candy; please register for our fall crossing meet & mingle and if you care too, join the official roll call. Will help others who have booked know who is on board, thank you.

I had noticed the change from Greenwich to Tilbury, which makes (IMHO) the Thames journey a bit bland with no notable land marks of note, so a great shame. I had thought the reason was down to the additional size, but as mentioned, it could be down to the dock not being ready in time. I know a Greenwich start probably lacks the glamour or a Tower Bridge start and spin round, but it's still a good London start point. Still better than Southampton though I guess.

In embarkation terms, it would still be an easy one for me, but I'd really hoped it would be from a nicer setting for a lunch visit, not to mention a much easier journey for someone living south of the river.... from the (by then I think) newly reopened London Bridge station.

Thanks for the heads up about the change to Tilbury - agree that Greenwich would have been more fun! Anyway, good to know. And I have now signed up for the Meet and Mingle and also posted on the Roll Call. Glad to see some activity - always love to anticipate these cruises (even when I have other ones in between!).

We are on the Spirit in May next year which is still showing as terminating in Greenwich. Wonder why yours is showing as Tilbury?

Some of you might consider flying into London City Airport which is the right side of Town for Tilbury. There is one BA route to and from NYC which is a small business class only plane- 32 ish seats. It is a longer flight time but you breeze through the airport at this end. It's very civilised.

Rp

We are on the Spirit in May next year which is still showing as terminating in Greenwich. Wonder why yours is showing as Tilbury?

Some of you might consider flying into London City Airport which is the right side of Town for Tilbury. There is one BA route to and from NYC which is a small business class only plane- 32 ish seats. It is a longer flight time but you breeze through the airport at this end. It's very civilised.

Rp

To be fair, I hadn't spotted there are 2 London cruises showing in 2018 for the Spirit and I think that's caused confusion. (At least for me it has!)

One starting from Lisbon and arriving on the 2 June (Your one Rosepark I guess) - which then starts from Greenwich to Copenhagen on 3rd June. Its this one I was looking to visit in Greenwich and thankfully its still showing as Greenwich.

The second is the one everyone is talking about Starting on the 10 September 2018 from Tilbury for the TA.

There is a third London Spirit visit in 2019, coming from Stockholm on 28 August 2019 to Tilbury arriving on the 7 Sept, then on to Barcelona on the 8th.

Soooo...

Unless the May 2018 visit is going to get shunted to Tilbury also, then the August / September visit can't be there because the Terminal in Greenwich isn't ready. (At least how it reads to me!) and this article in todays Daily Mail suggests its opening on time in 2017.

So good news for Rosepark (hopefully) and a bit of a mystery for the TA why its starting from Tilbury. I had a look in whats in port to see if it might be another ship causing a displacement, but nothing is showing for Greenwich at all (And Enderby where the terminal is, isn't listed)

I think I'd be inclined to arrive on the water if I were sailing from Greenwich, using a Thames clipper from ctl London and taxi for the final km....... Hmmm I might just do that for arriving for Lunch too! :D