big mistake Princess!!

We are on the Sea Princess on the Fremantle to Brisbane cruise on 18th November.

Have been watching the price and terms of the AIBP/PBP over the last few weeks.

Today I have checked on my CP and it now says this:

"Premier Beverage Package £46.91 per person, per day

The Premier Beverage Package includes any individual beverage item such as fountain soda, bottled water, cocktails, spirits, wine by the glass, beers, coffee and tea, up to $16 AUD (retail value). A 25% discount is also offered on all bottles of wine when purchased in bars, dining room or specialty restaurants."

That works out around AUD79 per day.

The Terms & Conditions say:

"The Premier Beverage Package is offered at $59.99 USD per day plus a 15% service charge (totaling $68.99 per day) for all itineraries except Australia. For all Australia-based vessels, through October 31, 2017 the package is available for $77.00 AUD per day including the service charge. Starting November 1, 2017, the package will increase to $86.99 AUD per day. Pre-purchased package pricing is converted at the applicable currency conversion rate from the US base price, is subject to fluctuation and may vary from onboard pricing. The full amount due for the complete voyage will be charged at the time of purchase. 

Maybe they have had a change of heart and are gradually putting the prices up.

We are on the Sea Princess on the Fremantle to Brisbane cruise on 18th November.

The Premier Beverage Package includes any individual beverage item such as fountain soda, bottled water, cocktails, spirits, wine by the glass, beers, coffee and tea, up to $16 AUD (retail value). A 25% discount is also offered on all bottles of wine when purchased in bars, dining room or specialty restaurants."

"The Premier Beverage Package is offered at $59.99 USD per day plus a 15% service charge (totaling $68.99 per day) for all itineraries except Australia. For all Australia-based vessels, through October 31, 2017 the package is available for $77.00 AUD per day including the service charge. Starting November 1, 2017, the package will increase to $86.99 AUD per day. Pre-purchased package pricing is converted at the applicable currency conversion rate from the US base price, is subject to fluctuation and may vary from onboard pricing. The full amount due for the complete voyage will be charged at the time of purchase. 

Lesson learned. Common curtesy says you give passengers advance notice of any increases such as this!

We have 2 cruises booked on Sapphire Princess and 1 on Royal Princess, in May/June next year, all ex Southampton. On board currency is USD.

Now I just checked my cruise personaliser for the 3 cruises. I can purchase a Premier Beverage Package today for AU$89.99 as my cruises were booked on Australian Princess site in AUD. The price in USD on the site today is $59.99. All prices are plus 15% gratuity.

Not that I am buying the package, not worth it to us, but if I did buy it today for the total 33 days on board Sapphire x 2 and Royal x 1, total for two of us would be be AU$5939.34 plus 15% gratuity, equals a total grog bill of AU$6830.24 !!!!! You have to be joking !!! Scary even.

:loudcry::confused:

Actually the email we received has the offer that we can purchase the premier beverage package at the reduced rate Prior to October 31 2017 for any of the cruise we have already booked (Australian only). If I was so inclined to cough up those ridiculous prices ($77AUD, I didn't think it was really worth $59) it is available on the 2019 cruise we have booked. But for those who do use it then it maybe of use if you have a booking a fair way out and you think the price may change again?

Actually the email we received has the offer that we can purchase the premier beverage package at the reduced rate Prior to October 31 2017 for any of the cruise we have already booked (Australian only). If I was so inclined to cough up those ridiculous prices ($77AUD, I didn't think it was really worth $59) it is available on the 2019 cruise we have booked. But for those who do use it then it maybe of use if you have a booking a fair way out and you think the price may change again?

Yes, our Majestic cruise for 2018 is $76.23 on our personaliser, have never bought one and won't be for this cruise;p

My concern is the coffee card is showing $46.35 on the personliser but was still $36AUD on the Golden last week, so is this still a glitch in the system?

I wish Princess would just get it right for us Aussies......every ship has different rules, Buy 1 get one for $1 on some ships. different rules for Anytime dining, just make it the same for all Princess ships everywhere:rolleyes: