Muster drill procedure

Go-Bucks!

How does Oceania conduct their muster drills?

I'm meaning the procedure - like Carnival makes you put on your life vest and go out on deck and stand next to your lifeboat; Celebrity just has you sit in a venue and watch a video about how to put on the life vest; and Princess has you go to a venue with your life vest and listen to the captain explain what to do, then everyone put's the vest on together.

I'm curious how O does theirs. Do they scan your cruise card to verify that you attended?

You take your life vest and put it on at muster station. You are then taken to your boat station

If it is a longer cruise with two drills you do not go to boat for the second one

Attendance is verified. The crew checks off your stateroom number

Oceania takes the drill very seriously. A cd was fired because of the way he mishandled the muster drill

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

on the larger ships we did not go to the lifeboats only the muster station

we did go out on deck on the R ships

They do a check when you arrive at the muster station & until everyone is accounted for they do not start the talk

On Riviera we have been asked to do both on two different cruises - go to the muster station then walk in line to the lifeboat and just go to the muster station. I have no idea why the difference...

You are supposed to wear your life jacket throughout the drill. Some did not put it on and were told to do so during the drill. I suppose they felt a little silly...

We did not go to the boat deck on Nautica last month. In fact on the three Oceania cruises I have been on we have never been to the boat station. However on the latest cruise there was one couple who arrived at muster in warm clothing, including hats just as instructed. Very sweet.

On the R ships, in good weather, we are often sent to the lifeboat area for the first drill.

On the larger ships, we've never left the mustering area.

Keeping the lifejackets on after drill the prevents people from stepping on the straps.

Note: Viking does not have lifejackets in the rooms. They are kept in lockers near the lifeboats. (More room in the closet)

Bitob,

Can you expand on this a bit? When did this happen and could you tell us which CD?

Viking Odyssey -- July 2014. First cruise and last cruise -- one of many wrong things with him... Bob Drewes

You take your life vest and put it on at muster station. You are then taken to your boat station

If it is a longer cruise with two drills you do not go to boat for the second one

Attendance is verified. The crew checks off your stateroom number

Oceania takes the drill very seriously. A cd was fired because of the way he mishandled the muster drill

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What does O consider a longer cruise?

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Forums mobile app