Concierge Internet

2552phxcrzr

I am considering upgrading to a concierge cabin on an upcoming cruise on Insignia. Under selectable perks there is something called Concierge Internet (different from OLife internet). I have not seen this before. Can someone enlighten me as to how this differs from OLife internet?

I noticed that (when I could go through the online booking)

I am guessing but in the past before O Life (maybe still) they had 200 free minutes for Concierge & 500 for upper suites

Also offered a discount on the daily rate

I am not really sure what the new option is

If you take O Life it is a moot point because you have unlimited internet anyway

Sorry Lyn,

Never received 200 minutes at N/C, even when in a suite.

And in olden days, our friends in a Vista paid for internet by the minute.

Lou

Back before O Life they did have the 200 -500 free minutes for A & PH cabins

If you want to search previous threads I am sure you will find reference to it

We have been lucky in recent years to have cruise with free internet but before that we did buy the packages

I am considering upgrading to a concierge cabin on an upcoming cruise on Insignia. Under selectable perks there is something called Concierge Internet (different from OLife internet). I have not seen this before. Can someone enlighten me as to how this differs from OLife internet?

Also, don't forget the 3 bags of free laundry that now comes with the concierge (and above) cabins. As far as Concierge Internet goes from reading the T&C, it is now unlimited. It was 200 minutes around 6 months ago when we booked our Cuban cruise, but it appears it's been changed to unlimited.

It's unlimited to any cabin class for most all O life perks I'm aware of (with or without air).

But, having extremely little to no connection speed, I'm unclear of the true value?

Not trying to beat a dead horse, but this really needs to be addressed as other lines seemed to have a handle on bandwidth.

Cheers,

John

It's unlimited to any cabin class for most all O life perks I'm aware of (with or without air).

But, having extremely little to no connection speed, I'm unclear of the true value?

Not trying to beat a dead horse, but this really needs to be addressed as other lines seemed to have a handle on bandwidth.

Cheers,

John

On the two O cruises we've been on in the Caribbean, we didn't have any issues with Internet response times when checking email and Facebook in our A cabin. However, we didn't try to download any large files or videos either.

Cheers,

John

If you take cruise only but book a Concierge room then you'll get internet, otherwise you'll pay for it if you require it. Some folks don't take the Olife, as they don't drink, take their own excursions, and don't want any extra OBC.

I've always accepted the internet to be what it is, about like dial up used to be. It is satellite internet, not broadband like most of us are used to anymore.

Our next cruise we took cruise only fare in an A cabin

my invoice has

"free internet + 20%( one account per stateroom) "

Not entirely sure what that means, my TA did not know either

I suspect & I could be wrong that the free part is the 200 minutes

It is a 10 day cruise & I do not see us using even that much time so works OK for me

JMO

Our next cruise we took cruise only fare in an A cabin

my invoice has

"free internet + 20%( one account per stateroom) "

Not entirely sure what that means, my TA did not know either

I suspect & I could be wrong that the free part is the 200 minutes

It is a 10 day cruise & I do not see us using even that much time so works OK for me

JMO

Likely and the 20% is the discount you will get on a package or additional minutes based on O club status

We initially booked our A1 cabin on a May 2018 Cuban cruise on the Serena in Mar 2017 with OLIFE and subsequently changed it a few days later to Cruise Only because it worked out to be a better deal for us. When we changed to Cruise Only, our confirmation just said Concierge Internet. However, my DW remembers looking at the T&C and remembers it was not unlimited. However, when we look at the T&C now, it says unlimited Internet. So for us we're going with the assumption it's unlimited until we're told by O otherwise