Antarctica

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
We are on our way to BA today with a sailing date from Ushuaia of the 28th to Antarctica. It should be good although a little nervous about the crossing [emoji31]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Bon Voyage and smooth seas. Enjoy your trip of lifetime! Who are you cruising with and for how long?

We are on our way to BA today with a sailing date from Ushuaia of the 28th to Antarctica. It should be good although a little nervous about the crossing [emoji31]

Which ship? My son is over there at the moment with a 'special tour.' He normally charters 'Sea Spirit' but often others. Not sure of his sailing date, he flew out on Wednesday, but probably did some business first in Santiago/Ushuaia.

I hope ye olde Drake Passage is kind. !! Above all enjoy !!

Which ship? My son is over there at the moment with a 'special tour.' He normally charters 'Sea Spirit' but often others. Not sure of his sailing date, he flew out on Wednesday, but probably did some business first in Santiago/Ushuaia.

I hope ye olde Drake Passage is kind. !! Above all enjoy !!

It was rough going around the horn for us early this year. However we are all booked for Feb18 on Quark to visit Antarctica. Not looking forward to the crossing but I hear its really worth it.

from post 42..They are going on Quark.:)

Haha, looks like we left for BA the same day you did. We had an overnight there, and just arrived in Ushuaia midday today. We are also departing for Antarctica/South Georgia on the 28th, but on Ponant.

Haha, looks like we left for BA the same day you did. We had an overnight there, and just arrived in Ushuaia midday today. We are also departing for Antarctica/South Georgia on the 28th, but on Ponant.

We did Antartica with Ponant last January, we loved it so much we’ve booked an Arctic cruise for 2019 with them.

Hope you enjoy!!

• 2 weeks later...
The Drake was kind to us and we had the best holiday/expedtion. Quark are amazing. We were off at least twice a day. Highly recommend. I love that it felt like an expedtion ship..

Sent from my SM-G900I using Forums mobile app

My son took a special McGrath Foundation fund raising expedition to the Antarctic the other week, he used 'Sea Spirit' ship. Amongst others on board a few special guests including Peter Fitzsimmons the author, who tells a good tale.:* Anyway for them the Drake Passage was quite calm.:')

We will have to get there one day, perhaps on a BOGO, lol.

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Still dreaming of Antarctica as all the wounds heal.

my local agency who associate with travel invited me to a Chimu presentation yesterday.

While indicating they are basically wholesalers, they did say they have taken a lease on the Ocean Endeavour and running their own Antarctic and Arctic sailings. Priced in Oz dollars.

Chimu have an early bird sale for 2020/21 season, but she indicated many of the other lines do also. Ponant has some at 30% off.

6 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

my local agency who associate with travel invited me to a Chimu presentation yesterday.

While indicating they are basically wholesalers, they did say they have taken a lease on the Ocean Endeavour and running their own Antarctic and Arctic sailings. Priced in Oz dollars.

Chimu have an early bird sale for 2020/21 season, but she indicated many of the other lines do also. Ponant has some at 30% off.

Chime is Uncle Les’ boys mob I’m pretty sure. I’d love to do Antarctica, but the flying is any big problem.

21 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

Chime is Uncle Les’ boys mob I’m pretty sure. I’d love to do Antarctica, but the flying is any big problem.

Indeed, my son Greg is founder/owner/operations director.  Done good.

Done a few of their land tours to South America but not the icy stuff.  Not yet anyway.🤪

Edited by NSWP

24 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

Yes, they have leased Ocean Endeavour.  Cutting out the middle man.

17 hours ago, NSWP said:

Indeed, my son Greg is founder/owner/operations director.  Done good.

Done a few of their land tours to South America but not the icy stuff.  Not yet anyway.🤪

Very good for him. Seems a great company.

Now, where do we apply for the Friends of Uncle Les discounts?

1 hour ago, Docker123 said:

Very good for him. Seems a great company.

Now, where do we apply for the Friends of Uncle Les discounts?

They offered me a deal when I said I knew Uncle Les “ Wow you know him, price just went up $5k we don’t want they sort of riff riff on our tours”😳😱😛