Actual Oceania Wine List Prices for Bottles

jeffrub

We have always picked up the cavas and riojas. The best place is actually the supermarket. There is also a huge "department store" called El Cortes Engles which has a huge wine selection.

Thanks for the suggestions!

So, Jeff. Since we leave from Barcelona in 2 weeks what suggestions would you have for picking up some bottles there before boarding. I'm a little weak on my knowledge of Spanish wines.

It would take me too long to give you a list of wines to pick up in Spain, so I have a better idea. Just take me with you and I will personally pick out some good Riojas for you.

There was a very nice wine shop in the market on Las Ramblas, La Carta de Vinos . We picked up a few bottles there - but almost any market you go into has a decent selection. Brush up a bit on regions and varietals/blends. Each port we stopped at gave us an opportunity to purchase for our in-cabin enjoyment. We did one corkage night.

Edited by kwtaper

Should have also reminded, that you will have to pay an additional 10% tax onboard for alcohol purchases when sailing from any Spanish port. So if you are considering corkage, by all means, take that into consideration as another reason to bring your own to dinner.

Should have also reminded, that you will have to pay an additional 10% tax onboard for alcohol purchases when sailing from any Spanish port. So if you are considering corkage, by all means, take that into consideration as another reason to bring your own to dinner.

I have just checked with the Oceania office in UK and they assured me there is no additional 10% attached to wine purchase on board in Spanish waters. Just the usual 18% as standard.:)

I have just checked with the Oceania office in UK and they assured me there is no additional 10% attached to wine purchase on board in Spanish waters. Just the usual 18% as standard.:)

it would take me too long to give you a list of wines to pick up in spain, so i have a better idea. Just take me with you and i will personally pick out some good riojas for you.

lol!! :D

Edited by Aloha 1

• 1 month later...

I haven't seen that particular question before but since the bottle of wine can follow you from restaurant to restaurant, I don't see why it wouldn't follow you from lounge to lounge.

But I don't know for sure that my conjecture is correct! Jim? Stan? Jan?

Mura

Thanks for the informative posts. Can anyone advise if a bottle can be purchased in a lounge and 'corked' for another evening's visit to that lounge? Or taken from the dining room to a lounge?

Thank you

Based on our 2012 and 2013 experience on Riviera, YES your bottle that you have paid corkage on can be re-closed and stored until you request it. You can ask for it anytime, anyplace. Basically, once you agree to pay corkage the bottle is treated the same as one that you bought from O's wine list.

On our 2013 cruise we were advised that asking for a previously-opened bottle between 4 and 5 in the afternoon would likely mean a bit of a delay retrieving your bottle, as that was when the sommeliers took inventory before dinner. That may vary from voyage to voyage or ship to ship...

Edited by babysteps

Thanks for the informative posts. Can anyone advise if a bottle can be purchased in a lounge and 'corked' for another evening's visit to that lounge? Or taken from the dining room to a lounge?

Thank you

Yes, they will fetch it for you anywhere on the ship that you care to drink it.:D

• 2 years later...

Can we still bring wines on board and drink at our room? How many bottles?

The wine list is several pages long for bottles of wine & does change from ship to ship & cruise to cruise

Yes you can still bring wine aboard

if you take it to a dining venue you pay the corkage fee of $25 per bottle & they will store the unfinished bottle for you

(if you have an unfinished bottle )

How many can you carry?

The wine list is several pages long for bottles of wine & does change from ship to ship & cruise to cruise

Yes you can still bring wine aboard

if you take it to a dining venue you pay the corkage fee of $25 per bottle & they will store the unfinished bottle for you

(if you have an unfinished bottle )

How many can you carry?

LHT28 you provide great advice in this forum. Thanks!

Can someone explain what this means?

sometimes on boarding day or during the cruise they would have a table set up with wines that I am guessing they may have limited stock in & they would offer them for sale at a discounted price

Now they offer specific list of wines in a 7 bottle package deal for about $330

I know that there have been numerous threads about wine and liquor packages on Oceania, and I have seen prices of wines by the glass posted. I have even seen a wine list posted, but it did not show the bottle prices. Does anyone have an actual recent Oceania wine list with prices that they are willing to share?

With the recent suspension of the wine sale on board, I am trying to decide whether it is worth it to carry a few bottles on and pay the corkage or just bite the bullet and buy the bottles in the restaurant.

If you're talking about the 7 bottles at $40+ per bottle, it was alive and well recently on Riviera. Of course, you need to know your wine in order to identify the two or three actual bargains of the couple dozen they're trying to unload.

When we did the Panama Canal from home here in SF, we took a stock of wine from our cellar. It was stuff that's not readily available and would cost a pretty penny if it was. So, a $25 corkage on those bottles we took to dinner was really insignificant.

We also do some port research and board with a list of any locals worth carting back to the ship.

One suggestion for real wine freaks: check out top flight wineries whose "club" shipments w/i the US are free or (like Navarro in Phylo, CA), only one cent to states that allow shipping. Have a case sent to your US embarkation port hotel. Between the club discounts and no shipping charges, that O corkage charge will amount to chump change.

And, as I often suggest to drinkers of spirits: get the prestige package and always order doubles of top shelf booze. In many cases, it's only two drinks per day to break even (if money is a concern).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

One suggestion for real wine freaks: check out top flight wineries whose "club" shipments w/i the US are free or (like Navarro in Phylo, CA), only one cent to states that allow shipping. Have a case sent to your US embarkation port hotel. Between the club discounts and no shipping charges, that O corkage charge will amount to chump change.
Bravo!!!

The best, most cost effective advice given on this Board in 2017.

We entertain during the cruise, but don't always get through all that we send to the ship; if that happens we will gift certain bottles (i.e those not found on the Oceania List) to special friends onboard.

It is lovely to get an email, several months after returning home, hearing how much they enjoyed it...

• 3 months later...

I have another question regarding wine on board. We have an ocean crossing cruise booked, Miami to Barcelona, in April. We are thinking of adding on another cruise, a Mediterranean loop from Barcelona, which would make it a back-to-back cruise. On the booked cruise, we plan to take the money as our O Life amenity, plus we have club SBC, and we will probably be using it mostly for wine. As well, we will take a few bottles for the stateroom when we embark. I'm thinking all the SBC will be cancelled at the end of the first cruise if we haven't used it, even if we stay on the ship for the next cruise. But I'm wondering, if we have extra SBC $$ that we want to spend as the first cruise draws to an end, can we spend it on wine to be delivered to and consumed in the cabin? Most likely we'll just start buying better wine at the end, but I was just wondering if it would be an option, especially if we decide to take excursions instead of money on the second cruise.

Also wondering if we can still embark with as much wine as we want, or is there a limit now?

I'm thinking all the SBC will be cancelled at the end of the first cruise if we haven't used it, even if we stay on the ship for the next cruise.

Also wondering if we can still embark with as much wine as we want, or is there a limit now?

Your OBC /SBC will carry over until your last night onboard

They will send you a statement at the end of the first segment but nothing will be charged to you CC (if you went over the OBC )

Maybe someone can comment on the embarkation limits