RCCL Guest Services negative review

budster

We recently returned from the Anthem of the Seas. We booked a tour of New York City ending at the airport. We had a large bus which was fine but the air conditioner was not working. They tried to get another bus as you could barely breathe it was so hot. Finally they got two vans that took about half of us to the airport. We missed most of our tour. It also extended our wait time at the airport. I called RCCL expecting some compensation but their idea of compensation was a 10% discount on a future cruise. I asked it to be applied to Celebrity. They refused. We only cruise Celebrity so it is useless. I am really upset with RCCL. This made me sure no future cruise on a RCCL!

I will only comment that excursions are one of Royals weaker links and they sometimes don't know how bad some of those are. Glad you told them. I would think 10% is generous, but it doesn't fit you. Sorry to hear that.

I have had some bitter experiences with excursions and some really good ones. I am a little cautious about booking excursions these days because of the likelihood of problems like the one you encountered.

Bad experiences don't usually put me off from cruising with RCI. Usually I put it down to experience and be a little cautious when booking future excursions. I don't usually like to get involved in a lengthy dispute after a cruise (too much stress) so if I am unhappy, I might fire off an email to complain and if they offer something like a discount on next cruise, then I take it.

I strongly urge you use the email address provided by Merion Mom above. It goes to the person who oversees guest services for Royal, Celebrity and Azamara. She is the person to address your issue and get it resolved, hopefully in your favor.

Guest Relations & Shared Services Director

Laly Rodriguez

ayera-rodriguez@rccl.com

We were on Legend OTS out of Quebec. We signed up for an excursion that would end at the airport. They cancelled the excursion because they didn't have enough people. So we ended up at the airport with 6 hours to spare. And they don't let you go to the gate until almost time for your flight. Horrible experience and I blame RCCL but know they could care less!

Thank you for all your comments. I will send an email and see if I get a positive response. I do recognize the 10% was a good offer but we have two Celebrity cruises booked in the next year and do not expect to cruise on RCCL. They did extend it to two years but our favorite by far is Celebrity. Celebrity told me if they change it to OBC it could transfer over. Of course the answer was No!

Ruth Ann