Any update on cruises scheduled to leave from Puerto Rico?

mixplix

Thank you. I have been watching that site for a few weeks and thought I was okay. I decided I had better call directly to the hotel today and was told no reservation. So that website is not accurate. very frustrating. Anyone booked at a hotel that has confirmed? Dates: Dec 2nd

We are booked at Hotel Casablanca in Old San Juan for 12/06 - 12/10 and have confirmed. Someone on the recent Adventure cruise stayed there at the end of the cruise and although they are currently running on generator power there was AC and WiFi.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I just called the Hampton Inn for my reservation Dec 2nd. He told me the hotel will likely be closed and could not recommend any other hotels he thought may be open.

Any suggestions ...anyone?

The Renaissance and the Marriott Stelaris were accepting reservations.

We were on the Oct. 7 sailing of the AOS from San Juan. Our departing flight was at 12:40 p.m. via Southwest Airlines to Orlando.

We left the ship yesterday morning via the RCL provided transfer to the airport. Everyone using the RCL transfers loaded their luggage into a box truck and then boarded smaller passenger buses for the short ride to the airport.

SJU airport was a bit hectic yesterday with cruisers departing from the 10/7 cruise and cruisers arriving for the 10/14 cruise.

Getting our luggage at the airport was a bit of a cluster because there were multiple trucks with luggage and nobody knew which truck their luggage was on and it was all being unloaded quickly onto the sidewalk at the very, hot airport.

Once we received our luggage, we had to wait in long lines at the Southwest ticketing area to tag & drop off our luggage. Yes, it was very hot at the airport, because much of the air conditioning still was not working, but we were early for our 12:40 pm flight to Orlando which left without any trouble.

I assume as more time goes by, the airport will be fully operational, but all in all, I thought RCL did a good job of transferring its passengers to and from the airport and cruise port.

Just be a little patient, ask questions if you need to and remember you're on vacation, which is a luxury many people never get to experience.

I was wondering how the pickup worked at the airport. I know that put luggage in a box truck, but did you have to retrieve your luggage at the port or did they have you tag it at the airport? Just want to plan ahead.

Barb

I was wondering how the pickup worked at the airport. I know that put luggage in a box truck, but did you have to retrieve your luggage at the port or did they have you tag it at the airport?

When we arrived at SJU on 10/6, we retrieved our luggage from the baggage area, then we met with the RCL reps near the baggage area who took our names & transfer confirmation. There was a line for this process and RCL reps were quite visible.

We then placed our RCL luggage tags on our bags while standing in line and were told to go outside the airport and drop off our luggage off on the sidewalk which was then loaded into a box truck by contracted personnel.

We then boarded a passenger bus which took us directly to the cruise port. Our luggage was delivered directly to our stateroom later that night as is customary.

I hope this helps you. Good luck, it will all be fine.

According to the Hampton Inn website, they are no longer excepting new or existing reservations through January 1, 2018. I called Hilton to cancel and they had no idea this was even happening!!

We are now staying pre-cruise in Fort Lauderdale and flying to San Juan on the morning of our cruise.

I received no notification from Hilton. It was me checking on my reservation that I found out it was cancelled.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

According to the Hampton Inn website, they are no longer excepting new or existing reservations through January 1, 2018. I called Hilton to cancel and they had no idea this was even happening!!

We are now staying pre-cruise in Fort Lauderdale and flying to San Juan on the morning of our cruise.

Thank you, that helps a lot.

Barb

Just got notification from the Hyatt Place that my reservation was cancelled for 11/18 and no new reservations till the first of the year. AA changed my flight to the day of the cruise with no penalty.

Sorry to hear that, I wonder if some of these hotels are finding it difficult to get damage repaired.

Not sure if this will help, but, we canceled our Sheraton OSJ reservation. There's nobody there, and online info suggests they're closed until 12/1. We're going to try the CIQALA Luxury Suites. They have somebody at the desk, are open now, and look pretty nice. Our understanding is that their rooftop pool is closed, but, other than that everything is fine.

What hotel and what dates?

If our hotel cancels we are going to change our flights to Fort Lauderdale for 2 days and then fly to Puerto Rico the day of the cruise. I just don’t feel comfortable flying from Wisconsin to Puerto Rico the day of the cruise. Florida to Puerto Rico will still make me nervous, but not as bad!

readytolose

So sorry forgot to return:

Courtyard by Marriott Isla Verdi Beach resort-November 24th -26th

second one was the Hampden Inn Isla Verde December 3rd to the 4th

We too are nervous about flying in the same day we leave .Let's hope no snowstorms!

Reader

FYI the ac Marriott in San Juan posted on their Facebook page that they are taking new reservations as of 12/1 for anyone sailing after that who is still looking for a place to stay

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I hope they're honoring current reservations. I'm booked to stay there the end of this month. I called twice and sent a message via Facebook once and all three times I've been assured that they're open and "awaiting my arrival."

Off to call again.....

I hope they're honoring current reservations. I'm booked to stay there the end of this month. I called twice and sent a message via Facebook once and all three times I've been assured that they're open and "awaiting my arrival."

Off to call again.....

Please report back! They have no available nights until December. Busy is one thing but even in San Juan, you'd expect to see one or two mid-week nights here and there.

Someone asked on the AC hotel's FB page if they are honoring previously made reservations and this is the answer:

Thank you for your message. Please communicate directly with the hotel’s onsite reservations team in order to discuss any previously booked reservations. They can be reached via email at reservations@achotelsj.com and will have access to your stay information in order to further assist you. Thank you.

People on the 10/14 cruise confirmed that they checked into the Comfort Inn without any issues, although it was running on a generator.

I've confirmed my reservation with the AC Hotel. I've spoken with them by phone twice and via Facebook once.

Just called Comfort Inn today (Oct 17th). They are not taking any reservations until the end of Dec.

Off to call again.....

I called them this morning and they are NOT honoring my reservation for November 25th :(

Someone on our Roll Call mentioned that the Intercontinental is taking reservations for mid-Nov.

Intercontinental is closed too until December 1st. This is what the front desk told me this morning :(

I cancelled my 12/16 AOS cruise 3 days ago. I couldn't

get a place to stay in SJ. Flying in day of is too risky, and I'm not taking the added expense of flying to Florida, or home on Christmas EVE. I disputed my charge with Amex. I made final payment the day Hurricane Maria hit, was going to cancel but was sold trip insurance and told it would cover my trip being impacted by the hurricane. It covered nothing and I'm out almost $1500 and have to wait 2-3 weeks to get my money back to book something else. :mad: