Royals Air2Sea Program

Likely yes, unless the economy tickets that air2sea sells you are Delta's "basic economy" tickets. Those cannot be upgraded in any manner.

They're standard economy. Air2Sea/ChoiceAir doesn't currently have basic economy as an option. Online anyway. Over the phone perhaps, I haven't asked, as I have zero interest in that product.

• 4 weeks later...
I have a question about seat selection...a lot of you are using Delta, but what about Air France/KLM? Are we able to pick our seats in economy?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

As long as it’s not economy basic. I don’t think a2s sells that. Not only can you go to the airline’s website with your record locator, but you can upgrade to Econ comfort if you wish. We fly from Arkansas to Barcelona one way to get on a Transatlantic. Our tickets were $221 each. We went to Delta, upgraded to Comfort Plus, and chose our seats. Total cost still right around $300.

Leaving in five days for a 25 night B2B on Jewel OTS. My flight from Tucson to Zurich, Switzerland through AIR 2SEA was only 297.80pp! I have used AIR2SEA/ChoiceAir 15-20 times over the past 6 years for transatlantic and transpacific cruises with never even a minor problem.

From what I've heard from several people, Air2Sea can be a good deal on international flights but is more hit or miss with domestic.

For a domestic trip to Seattle for an Alaska cruise their cheapest option was $435.40 but had a 9:15 PM return flight (cruise ship arrives at 6 AM). Next cheapest was $444 and still had that same return flight. A reasonable return flight time was over $500. Booking myself with two one-way tickets on different airlines I paid $441 and leave around noon.

My flight out is Delta, and you can indeed upgrade if you wish after booking. Right after booking I remember the option for Comfort+, however right now they're only showing me a banner for First Class (at $235.43 extra).

So... your mileage may vary I guess on that front.

As long as it’s not economy basic. I don’t think a2s sells that. Not only can you go to the airline’s website with your record locator, but you can upgrade to Econ comfort if you wish. We fly from Arkansas to Barcelona one way to get on a Transatlantic. Our tickets were $221 each. We went to Delta, upgraded to Comfort Plus, and chose our seats. Total cost still right around $300.

Some airlines might be different. A couple of years ago I booked Air2Sea flights on British Airways, and I could not pick seats until 24 hours before the flight.

Some airlines might be different. A couple of years ago I booked Air2Sea flights on British Airways, and I could not pick seats until 24 hours before the flight.

British Airways can be weird. Standard economy is 24 hours. People with young children is 72 hours (don't know age cut off). Oneworld Ruby is 1 week. Oneworld Saphire and Emerald is at time of booking.

British Airways can be weird. Standard economy is 24 hours. People with young children is 72 hours (don't know age cut off). Oneworld Ruby is 1 week. Oneworld Saphire and Emerald is at time of booking.

Yes, I learned to stay away from BA if possible.:)

Locked in our flight to Rome last week. Called both air2sea and Delta to confirm that the Economy that they sell matched the Main Cabin fare from Delta. Was able to book the "main cabin" seats via air2sea and then upgraded our JFK to FCO leg seats to the Comfort+ option with no issues.

Please pardon what may be a stupid question. If I’ve transferred my TA cruise booking to Travel Agent, can I still do the AIR2SEA booking directly with A2S? (I’m not real enamored with my current Travel Agents’s airline booking skills, but that’s the subject of a different post....or not) I presume/hope the answer is yes.

Please pardon what may be a stupid question. If I’ve transferred my TA cruise booking to Travel Agent, can I still do the AIR2SEA booking directly with A2S? (I’m not real enamored with my current Travel Agents’s airline booking skills, but that’s the subject of a different post....or not) I presume/hope the answer is yes.

Yes, you should. I booked my cruise on the ship, transferred to a travel agent and I have the a2s option available to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, you should. I booked my cruise on the ship, transferred to a travel agent and I have the a2s option available to me.

Same here, we've used Air2Sea (Choice Air before that) 4 or 5 times, all with bookings held by a travel agent.

Locked in our flight to Rome last week. Called both air2sea and Delta to confirm that the Economy that they sell matched the Main Cabin fare from Delta. Was able to book the "main cabin" seats via air2sea and then upgraded our JFK to FCO leg seats to the Comfort+ option with no issues.

Do you know if that is standard across the board with them for Delta or is it dependent on the flight? Looking to book to Barcelona and there is only Main Cabin available on Delta's site, but hope the fare class that A2S is offering is not basic, the price is approx $400pp lower. I want to be able to upgrade the seats to Delta Comfort+. If only A2S would show you the fare class you are buying before you book. (Don't get me started about that, seems unfair you can't see the class you are booking.)

Do you know if that is standard across the board with them for Delta or is it dependent on the flight? Looking to book to Barcelona and there is only Main Cabin available on Delta's site, but hope the fare class that A2S is offering is not basic, the price is approx $400pp lower. I want to be able to upgrade the seats to Delta Comfort+. If only A2S would show you the fare class you are buying before you book. (Don't get me started about that, seems unfair you can't see the class you are booking.)

You cannot be sure what fare class Air2Sea purchases. I use the Air2Sea website to see the prices and pick the flight(s) I want, then call them to confirm that the fare class will be upgradeable the extended legroom seats and purchase right on the phone.

You cannot be sure what fare class Air2Sea purchases. I use the Air2Sea website to see the prices and pick the flight(s) I want, then call them to confirm that the fare class will be upgradeable the extended legroom seats and purchase right on the phone.

Thanks, I will do that. Caveat emptor!

Hi All

We are booked on the Radiance of the Seas for the Sept 2018 trans-pacific cruise from Honolulu to Sydney. Has anyone used A2S for oneway flights from Australia to Honolulu?

Air New Zealand, Qantas and Jetstar currently allow flights to be booked but when I checked with A2S they told me that they cannot book flights until December.

Hi All

We are booked on the Radiance of the Seas for the Sept 2018 trans-pacific cruise from Honolulu to Sydney. Has anyone used A2S for oneway flights from Australia to Honolulu?

Air New Zealand, Qantas and Jetstar currently allow flights to be booked but when I checked with A2S they told me that they cannot book flights until December.

Airlines usually make flights available around 11 months ahead of time, so depending on the flight date you need, you may have to wait a week or two for more flights to become available.

Does anyone have any experience flying Air France/KLM? We can get round trip tickets for just under $750 from Chicago to Barcelona. But we want to be able to pick our seats once we book.

If you are planning to purchase through the Air2Sea people, you can call them and find out before you buy: 844-278-9745.

Does anyone have any experience flying Air France/KLM? We can get round trip tickets for just under $750 from Chicago to Barcelona. But we want to be able to pick our seats once we book.

We flew Air France 380 and booked 8 months in advance with air2sea and were able to upgrade to economy plus and pick our seats at the time of booking. Had the same experience last year bookingLufthansa. One tip is to try booking two one way flights. Lax to Rome, Barcelona or Heathrow has always been under $300.00 for coach non stop. Just saw Lax to London 222.00 pp one way on Virgin Atlantic. happy cruising

We flew Air France 380 and booked 8 months in advance with air2sea and were able to upgrade to economy plus and pick our seats at the time of booking. Had the same experience last year bookingLufthansa. One tip is to try booking two one way flights. Lax to Rome, Barcelona or Heathrow has always been under $300.00 for coach non stop. Just saw Lax to London 222.00 pp one way on Virgin Atlantic. happy cruising

Thanks much for the tips.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 3 weeks later...
Is there a time limit as to how early you can book a flight thru A2S?

If I try to do a mock up for a Jan 2019 flight to Miami, it say no flights found for the itenerary.

How did you do a mock booking on A2S? When I try to get airfare for a sailing I am considering, it requires a booking # - which I don't have. Thanks.

Please pardon what may be a stupid question. If I’ve transferred my TA cruise booking to Travel Agent, can I still do the AIR2SEA booking directly with A2S? (I’m not real enamored with my current Travel Agents’s airline booking skills, but that’s the subject of a different post....or not) I presume/hope the answer is yes.[/quote

After I booked my trans Atlantic cruise onboard I transferrd it to my TA and booked my air with Air2Sea online with no problem at all.

You will need you Royal booking number to book on Air2Sea.