Royal’s Saint Thomas plans

Per Royal’s update today, Adventure will return to St Thomas on November 10. There’s no mention of other ships, except for the general comment about December 1.

Any thoughts on what this means for Allure’s 11/26 sailing with a scheduled stop in St Thomas?

October 16, 2017 at Noon EDT (next update Friday, 10/20 at 5 PM EDT)

Royal Caribbean leadership recently returned from visits to St. Thomas and San Juan and will be visiting St. Maarten on Wednesday. We continue to be impressed with the progress the islands are making to rebuild, and are excited to announce our return to St. Thomas with the Adventure of the Seas on November 10. In the next few weeks, working in conjunction with the local governments, we will announce the specific dates in November for our return to San Juan and St. Maarten.

Upon arrival in St. Thomas guests will be able to enjoy a vast array of activities, dining and shopping. Downtown shops are open and have full power, the majority of restaurants and bars are also open, and the boats and catamarans that are used to enjoy the waters of the Caribbean are ready for guests. We are also partnering with the USVI government to restore Magen’s Bay, one of St. Thomas’ most popular tourist attractions. The beach will have its grand re-opening coinciding with Adventure’s arrival on November 10. Magen’s Bay will be joined by Secret Sands Beach, Secret Harbor Beach Club, Lindquists Beach, Honeymoon Beach on Water Island, and Abi Beach – all open for guests to enjoy.

We anticipate no further changes to our scheduled calls in St. Thomas, San Juan and St. Maarten for sailings December 1, 2017 forward.

To learn more about Royal Caribbean’s relief efforts in the Caribbean, visit our hurricane relief page.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

St. Thomas is one of our favorite ports. We hope that the port opens up soon, as they need the revenue cruise passengers bring to the area.

Our cruise on the Grandeur was scheduled to go to St. Thomas on November 1st, but instead will go to Antigua (St. Johns).:(

I suspect in some ways this may be a great visit for you. Why? because other cruise lines like NCL have altered their St. Thomas itineraries into February next year so perhaps the place won't be quite as mobbed as it sometimes is. A LOT has changed since out first visit on the Nordic Prince back in 1981 and there were a LOT fewer shopping opportunities than there are now.

I hope it is a great visit. Just to clarify. Perhaps my question is more of a rhetorical one as I don't expect anyone here to truly be able to answer. What I'm trying to say is-

Royal makes it clear that Adventure returns on November 10.

It also says that they expect no changes for itineraries from December 1 on.

It makes no mention of other ships between November 10 and December 1. It seems like they are being intentionally vague here.

I don't know that it's "intentionally vague" as much as Royal doesn't have all the details in place at this time. Allure is a much bigger ship than Adventure. The authorities in St. Thomas may have decided to 'start small' and gradually work back up to accepting larger ships. It's just like a 'soft opening' for a new restaurant or business. Yes, it's frustrating; but it is what it is.

I don't know that it's "intentionally vague" as much as Royal doesn't have all the details in place at this time. Allure is a much bigger ship than Adventure. The authorities in St. Thomas may have decided to 'start small' and gradually work back up to accepting larger ships. It's just like a 'soft opening' for a new restaurant or business. Yes, it's frustrating; but it is what it is.

That would be perfectly understandable. I didn't mean anything underhanded by the words intentionally vague. I just mean that the wording was careful so as to leave the other sailings, including mine, up in the air.