Cabin help!

manlie

Hello!

I need help ASAP (was hoping to book today). My husband backed out of going on a cruise so I asked another mom and daughter to go with us. I have been on other cruise lines but never Disney and assumed the bed could configured as a queen or two singles. It appears I was wrong. What room category would you suggest for 2 adults that don't want to share a bed and 2 kids?

Thank you! Any advice is appreciated!

Hello!

I need help ASAP (was hoping to book today). My husband backed out of going on a cruise so I asked another mom and daughter to go with us. I have been on other cruise lines but never Disney and assumed the bed could configured as a queen or two singles. It appears I was wrong. What room category would you suggest for 2 adults that don't want to share a bed and 2 kids?

Thank you! Any advice is appreciated!

What ship?

You'd have to book a room that holds 5 people for everyone to have their own bed.

Some of the Deluxe Family Oceanview with Verandah rooms on the Dream class ships have a queen bed, sofa bed, bunk bed, and Murphy bed.

Unless you want to put the two kids in one bed (queen bed). Then you could get pretty much any room that sleeps 4.

Thank you for your quick reply!

Sorry, I should have posted it is the Fantasy.

Would an adult fit comfortably in the single beds (for 7 nights)?

Do any of the sofas make out to a double bed (so one adult and one child could share)?

Thank you for your quick reply!

Sorry, I should have posted it is the Fantasy.

Would an adult fit comfortably in the single beds (for 7 nights)?

Do any of the sofas make out to a double bed (so one adult and one child could share)?

The sofa bed, bunk bed, and Murphy bed are all standard twin size.

mlgwli.jpg

There are rooms (I think only in Concierge rooms) that have a pull out double bed sofa.

You could put one adult and one child in the queen bed. That way you'd still only need a room that slept 4 (putting the other adult and child in the sofa bed and bunk bed.).

When I search for 5 people only rooms on deck 10 are available. When I put it back to 4 people , rooms on deck 7 and 9 are available (Family verandah 04C and 04A that sleep 4-5). 7126 is available and I can find an image of 7128 which has 5 beds. Is it safe to assume they would be the same?

(Sorry for all the questions!)

When I search for 5 people only rooms on deck 10 are available. When I put it back to 4 people , rooms on deck 7 and 9 are available (Family verandah 04C and 04A that sleep 4-5). 7126 is available and I can find an image of 7128 which has 5 beds. Is it safe to assume they would be the same?

(Sorry for all the questions!)

In looking at room reports for those rooms, on the Dream (should be the same, but might not be) 7128 has the murphy bed, but 7126 does not.

As a 220 pound adult I found the Murphy bed very uncomfortable! I slept on it the first night, but switched to the couch for the rest of the cruise. The couch is a single and it slept great. I wouldn't recommend the drop down bed for an adult. My son is 160 pounds and he said the Murphy was fine for him and he also likes the drop down, but my son can sleep anywhere. This was my experience on the Fantasy.

Thank you. I am usually an avid researcher/planner but this is a last minute trip with the prices for flight and cruise rising quickly (we are flying from Canada and on the November long weekend). Our cabin selection is also very limited .... I would normally book a suite or family room on any other line but Disney is a whole new world!

No, you cannot assume that all layouts will be the same. You'll need to check each room.

I slept on the couch bed for 2 weeks (as an adult). No issues. I'm guessing you invited the other family to save money (not have to pay adult rate for the child). You might compare the cost of getting 2 cat 7s (that sleep 3) vs. a cat 4. It is probably not the same or similar rate this close to cruising, but can be. I'm also guessing that the kids won't want to share a bed (they could share the queen!) or find sleeping mats on the floor to be a "cool" thing.

Also, if you book a room that sleeps 5 and have only 4 on your reservation, be sure to add a notation to NOT change the room to your reservation. You don't want an "upgrade" to something that won't work for you.

Haha, no I invited (and are paying for) the other family because I thought it would be more fun than just being the 2 of us. 😆 Unfortunately there are very few cabins to choose from this late - only inside (which 2 cabins cost more) or verandah. I would take one that sleeps 4 and let the girls sleep together if I knew the other mom and I could comfortably sleep on the singles but neither one of us want the top pullman bunk (and aren't exactly spring chickens anymore so a comfortable bed is important).

I think I will only book one of the cabins that show up when I pretend to have 5.

I hope Disney is as good as all the hype! I know the girls (5 and 7) will love it no matter what 😊

Why not you and your daughter take the queen bed and the other parent and daughter take the flip over couch and ceiling drop down bunk.

Also some of the 4 person rooms have a queen bed, flip over couch and wall drop down bed but no ceiling flip down bed.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk