Oceania Cruises Adds Free Laundry and Upgraded Room Service to Concierge Class

LauraS

Hav e a question, says 3 bags of free laundry.Do they do it for you,or just free machine.Nice touch about room service,I just get breakfast and upgrade to full one by booking concierge.

They will do the laundry for you

this was the description on the website in August before the new perks were removed from the description

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=53810298&postcount=23

the link in the post no longer works

as for other suites it is TBD

other comments in the thread from August

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=53810298#post53810298

Still unaddressed is the question of whether PH cabins will also get the new perks.

This is a paragraph in the link Laura posted.

Sounds like 3 bags of Laundry and Lunch/Dinner have already been available to Suite passengers???

Passengers in these upper-end balcony staterooms will now receive free laundry service (up to three bags) and room service from the Grand Dining Room at lunch and dinner. These freebies are currently only available to suite guests.

Thanks Laura for catching this update so quickly!! Here's the link that was just posted on the Oceania site: https://www.oceaniacruises.com/ships/riviera/suites-staterooms/concierge-level-veranda-stateroom/

The 3 bags of laundry perk only applies to the Concierge Level cabins (A1, A2, A3 and A4) from what I can tell. There is no mention of the perk when you go to the descriptions of any of the higher levels. Our TA is asking Oceania if you're on a Grand Voyage, do you get 3 bags of laundry per leg of the GV or 3 bags for the entire length of the GV?

Also, the fine print says "+ Up to 20 garments per laundry bag. 3 day turnaround time and laundry will not be accepted 3 days prior to disembarkation"

I just booked the Marina yesterday, a Veranda Concierge (A4) room. Will I be grandfathered into these perks, or do they only apply to bookings made after October 28th?
I would call your TA and have the new laundry perk added to your confirmation. We did this earlier when it appeared last month for a few weeks before being temporarily pulled and they were very happy to add it.

There currently is no mention of the laundry perk on O's PH benefits web page—or the room service from GDR perk. However, we are in a PH in December and my TA assures me that she will get us the free laundry offer. I think it's a big mistake on O's part to not offer the new perks to PH level.

There currently is no mention of the laundry perk on O's PH benefits web page—or the room service from GDR perk. However, we are in a PH in December and my TA assures me that she will get us the free laundry offer. I think it's a big mistake on O's part to not offer the new perks to PH level.

If we do not get this in a PH I will cancel my next cruise.

This morning I rang my O gal to request air to and from Australia (I foresee higher costs getting back from Lisbon), and while I was at it asked about the bags of laundry. We are on a 24 day cruise and asked if that meant per sector, as someone on here suggested. It is apparently just 3 bags, and only for Grand Journeys.

And as for the Air, we won't get it as it has been discontinued! :eek:

Thanks Laura for catching this update so quickly!! Here's the link that was just posted on the Oceania site: https://www.oceaniacruises.com/ships/riviera/suites-staterooms/concierge-level-veranda-stateroom/

The 3 bags of laundry perk only applies to the Concierge Level cabins (A1, A2, A3 and A4) from what I can tell. There is no mention of the perk when you go to the descriptions of any of the higher levels. Our TA is asking Oceania if you're on a Grand Voyage, do you get 3 bags of laundry per leg of the GV or 3 bags for the entire length of the GV?

Also, the fine print says "+ Up to 20 garments per laundry bag. 3 day turnaround time and laundry will not be accepted 3 days prior to disembarkation"

And yes, I had it confirmed today that it is for all classes above Concierge too, but only for Grand Journeys.

Thats great news for the Suite folks. Is a Grand Journey the same as a Grand Voyage?

I would say they are interchangeable. I am in Australia but maybe I just misquoted in the 5 minutes between the phone call and the reply.

I would say they are interchangeable. I am in Australia but maybe I just misquoted in the 5 minutes between the phone call and the reply.

No worries. I justed wanted to make sure it wasn't some type of cruise I hadn't heard about. Glad to hear the Suite folks are at least getting it on the longer cruises!

We are on a 24 day cruise and asked if that meant per sector, as someone on here suggested. It is apparently just 3 bags, and only for Grand Journeys.

And as for the Air, we won't get it as it has been discontinued! :eek:

I would be surprised if ONLY for GV cruises