Carnival Legend 6 Jan 2018 to South Pacific

Departing Sydney on 6 Jan 2018 and visiting these ports of call: Noumea, Mare, Isle of Pines and Lifou. Im after suggestions of any good shore excursions at these islands? Is it best to book shore excursions through cruise line or is private tours best?

Anyone else on here doing this cruise?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Noumea - if you want to go to Amadee Island then you need to book through the cruise line. Pretty much everything else can be booked privately. When you get off the boat you are bused a short distance to the cruise terminal and they offer lots of tours there. You can catch the hop on hop off bus to take a look around town and have a swim at Lemon Bay or Antse Vata. They also have tours to duck island and the chou chou train.

Mare - no tours as such. You need to book your transfer to Yejele beach on board. There is no private option. Don't miss going. It is such a gorgeous spot.

Lifou - if you want to snorkel in the national park you need to book on the boat and book early as it sells out. Otherwise there were a few tours offered off the boat. Not a great deal to do on this island except hang out at the beach.

Isle of Pines - lots of tours available privately once you get off the boat. No need to book on board.

Hope you enjoy your cruise!

I agree about going to the beach in Mare. I have done the snorkelling on Lifou and highly recommend it if you like snorkelling, it is one of my favourite spots for it. I always book on the ship just because I'm scared of getting left behind but I have seen other people recommend tour operators on Isle of Pines. It might take some searching but you will find those threads on here somewhere. There is certainly more to Isle of Pines than meets the eye. I didn't do a tour until my fourth visit there and I really enjoyed it. It also has great snorkelling so you don't need to do a tour if you are getting overwhelmed. That is a nice itinerary, I hope you enjoy it!