Major Change to Drink Packages

Don't know if this has been posted, but after Dec. 31, 2017 Everyone over 21 in a cabin will now have to purchase the Drink Package or no one does. Here's a copy and paste off Royal Caribbean's Website:

"Any guest wishing to purchase a Deluxe Beverage Package must do so for all other guests 21 years and older in the same stateroom, for sailings on or after December 31st, 2017."

This, along with Corkage Fees..... not happy. :mad:

Actually not very old news. They first applied to one or two ship earlier this year, then a few months later added a few more ships. This now seems to apply it fleetwide which is new news.

Very old news, I’m afraid. Also, there has been news of people contacting RCI and only purchasing one package if the other adult doesn’t drink.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our BIL does not drink, so would like to know what to do. It is not for health reasons, but rather his personal choice. Thanks.

Call to order, they seem to be giving exceptions on the phone.

It started recently with Harmony cruises. With Carnival already doing this, it's apparent Royal decided they can get away with it. What else are you going to do, sail Carnival? Just keep it in mind when you consider loyalty. We could care less about being loyal to Royal and this is part of the reason. We are sailing NCL in a few months.

It most likely happened due to many people purchasing one drink package and doing what they not suppose to which is sharing, you can thank those people...I don't blame RC, I seen this happening on my cruises and those who always do wrong doing, always hurts it for us people who do things by the book.

Our BIL does not drink, so would like to know what to do. It is not for health reasons, but rather his personal choice. Thanks.

Does not drink due to personal choice is one of the reasons they list for exceptions. All you have to do is call them to order.

I had to call Royal today re: a cruise on the Adventure in June 2018 and the reservation agent I spoke with told me, if one person bought the deluxe beverage package the other person in the cabin just needs to purchase a Beverage package--it does not have to the the alcohol package.

So anyhow.......

I had to call Royal today re: a cruise on the Adventure in June 2018 and the reservation agent I spoke with told me, if one person bought the deluxe beverage package the other person in the cabin just needs to purchase a Beverage package--it does not have to the the alcohol package.

So anyhow.......

Yes another variation on what the reps tell us.

So anyhow.......

This sounds wonderful! I drink, but hubby rarely does. He does however drink diet cokes like a fish. We had already figured him getting the soda package and me getting the deluxe package! Awesome!

It started recently with Harmony cruises. With Carnival already doing this, it's apparent Royal decided they can get away with it. What else are you going to do, sail Carnival? Just keep it in mind when you consider loyalty. We could care less about being loyal to Royal and this is part of the reason. We are sailing NCL in a few months.

It’s the rule on NCL too. However, not if the first two guests are getting it as a perk. However, if you choose this perk, the second adult has to take the UBP perk, and pay the 18% service charge, even if the don’t drink alcohol.

So anyhow.......

I was told the same thing over the weekend by two different reps. I almost never drink and didn't press this further, as I was fine buying the Refreshment Pkg for myself and the Deluxe Pkg (which was on sale) for my wife.

I think it's a terrible rule, though, and I hope Celebrity does not adopt it.

Does the new rule apply to the soda only package as well? We usually buy one of them (for me) on ships with Freestyle machines.

If Mrs. Danv3 is forced to buy one, they’ll lose money from my family with this rule change (but I don’t suppose they’ll notice!)

Does the new rule apply to the soda only package as well? We usually buy one of them (for me) on ships with Freestyle machines.

If Mrs. Danv3 is forced to buy one, they’ll lose money from my family with this rule change (but I don’t suppose they’ll notice!)

As far as I know, the rule only applies to the alcoholic package right now.

Does not drink due to personal choice is one of the reasons they list for exceptions. All you have to do is call them to order.

If this is the case it doesn't sound like it solves anything. Anyone who shares the package is probably willing to lie.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If this is the case it doesn't sound like it solves anything. Anyone who shares the package is probably willing to lie.

We will see how this plays out. Could be that the vast majority of people (who don't read CC) will use the website and the company won't care too much about the small number who call. Or they may stop giving exceptions over the phone.

Call to order, they seem to be giving exceptions on the phone.

As the original poster, my friend is cruising with us in a cabin where she will be with another friend who does not want the Drink Package. She contacted Royal Caribbean (the number listed with the Drink Packages) and was told that they could not make an exception to the policy. Do you have a better number for her to call?

As the original poster, my friend is cruising with us in a cabin where she will be with another friend who does not want the Drink Package. She contacted Royal Caribbean (the number listed with the Drink Packages) and was told that they could not make an exception to the policy. Do you have a better number for her to call?

Aurora "Laly" Yera-Rodriguez

Director, Guest Relations & Shared Services

Azamara Club Cruises, Celebrity Cruises, & Royal Caribbean International

954-628-9313

ext. 19313

ayera-rodriguez@rccl.com