CNN-commentator loved her first cruise ever

MNgardens

Ana Navarro took her first cruise on an Azamara ship and loved it. She wrote her experience up and it is posted in CNN.

https://www-m.cnn.com/2018/09/09/opinions/what-i-did-on-my-summer-vacation-navarro/index.html?r=https%3A%2F%2Ft.co%2F5mJYCg9Uyw%3Famp%3D1

Thank you for sharing this, it is a very entertaining and amusing article.

Ana Navarro cites what makes an Azamara cruise special:

"Everybody was so damn happy and friendly and eager to help.

This became a recurring theme. I don't know what they put in the water, but everyone who worked on this cruise ship seemed happy, friendly and eager to help. I work in American politics. This was very weird."

Nice piece. Thanks for posting.

• 1 month later...

Hi, wish I could read the entire article.....when I click on the link it doesn't open all the way....I wonder if after a certain amount of time it doesn't work.

Anyway, any of you try the new ship Pursuit?  I have sailed with Celebrity and Silversea.  This new ship has an appealing itinerary to me (South America)…thoughts?

Lois, I have sailed with Azamara and Silversea.  I really enjoy both.  I guess the best description is say that Azamara is Silversea-lite.  Fellow passengers, in my experience, are very similar, crew both excellent, food comparable.  The standard balcony cabin on Azamara is smaller but certainly nice and adequate for me, a solo passenger.  The three Azamara ships are sort of like identical triplets, very subtle differences that take time and effort to isolate.  If you like Celebrity and Silversea, I am confident you would like Azamara. And your benefits from being a Celebrity veteran transfer to Azamara. Good luck with making a decision.

Frank