Azamara Journey Overrun with Oglers

barbjd106

I am currently on the Azamara Journey in Bremerhaven Germany. I am trying to enjoy some quiet time on the ship. However I heard a loud group on my deck, which is deck 8. They were looking into a cabin and taking photos. Yet another group of travel agents is viewing the entire ship.

I feel as if I am on a commercial advertisement rather than a vacation. I have taken photos of this group. Sadly this is not the first time this happened on this cruise.

I put a comment in to guest relations, but no response in several days.

Very unpleasant. I was going to do another trip but have decided to go with another cruise line.

Barbara

I am currently on the Azamara Journey in Bremerhaven Germany. I am trying to enjoy some quiet time on the ship. However I heard a loud group on my deck, which is deck 8. They were looking into a cabin and taking photos. Yet another group of travel agents is viewing the entire ship.

I feel as if I am on a commercial advertisement rather than a vacation. I have taken photos of this group. Sadly this is not the first time this happened on this cruise.

I put a comment in to guest relations, but no response in several days.

Very unpleasant. I was going to do another trip but have decided to go with another cruise line.

Barbara

Wow! I have been on one of those Ogling Tours with my TA, but usually it’s between sailings - that small window between debarkation and embarkation. Generally just a bother for the cleanup crew.

Sorry to hear they are doing it with passengers aboard. Is that usual. It’s not something we have encountered, fortunately.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Barbara.

Don’t let that spoil your cruise and chance of relaxation.

I would ask for a chat with maybe the Hotel Director, who should take the matter seriously. Allow them to make amends, which will hopefully leave a better impression with you. Good Luck.

Commiserations, it’s something that we’ve noticed is becoming all too common, it’s very annoying when large groups are roaming the ship uncontrolled. We did a mid cruise ship tour on Crystal last year, however it was strictly controlled in small groups and we were kept well away from areas where passengers were relaxing. Azamara should take note and respect their paying passengers.

Thanks for your thoughtful comments. I mentioned it on my mid cruise comment card but no one has taken the opportunity to reply. It has been happening regularly.

I took a video/photo of a couple attempting to get to their cabin through the throng. Will post when I get home.

First and last Azamara. I understood this to be a premium cruise line, but it has not lived up to my expectations. For instance, there is mold in the shower base area (fascinating photos to follow☺️). I also mentioned that on the card, but it has not been addressed. This was several days ago now.

Onward and forward in travels. Barbara

Thanks for your thoughtful comments. I mentioned it on my mid cruise comment card but no one has taken the opportunity to reply. It has been happening regularly.

I took a video/photo of a couple attempting to get to their cabin through the throng. Will post when I get home.

First and last Azamara. I understood this to be a premium cruise line, but it has not lived up to my expectations. For instance, there is mold in the shower base area (fascinating photos to follow[emoji5]). I also mentioned that on the card, but it has not been addressed. This was several days ago now.

Onward and forward in travels. Barbara

Barbara, please consider taking comas’ advice and have a chat with the HD to discuss your disquiet. Believe the excellent Heike is the HD on your voyage - she is very approachable, very guest focused and incredibly competent.

Hope you enjoy the rest of your cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I realize they probably should've been quieter and less obtrusive. Hopefully, Azamara can help with that.

But, how else do you expect agents to learn about the ship? They can read all they want, but without seeing the ship firsthand, they don't really know what it's like. There is no way agents can sail on every class of ship on every cruise line. It's just impossible if they wish to keep their not-so-great-paying jobs too.

I realize they probably should've been quieter and less obtrusive. Hopefully, Azamara can help with that.

But, how else do you expect agents to learn about the ship? They can read all they want, but without seeing the ship firsthand, they don't really know what it's like. There is no way agents can sail on every class of ship on every cruise line. It's just impossible if they wish to keep their not-so-great-paying jobs too.

I have been on a number of these tours with my sister aka my TA and they have always been between cruises between debarkation and embarkation.

But there are some ports where the ship never starts or ends a cruise ( possibly Bremerhaven for example) so the only way for TAs from there to have a look at the ship is when it’s there.

It’s a difficult one - it sounds quite intrusive, but on the other hand we all want our TAs to be as knowledgeable as possible.

we had a group of TA's onboard one day in New Zealand last year; the only times we saw them was when they were boarding ( they had a separate security line to go through) and then when they were dining. Oh and in small groups led by staff to see the ship. Not an issue for us

We are also currently on Journey, having a wonderful time. Did notice the group looking at a stateroom but not disturbing guests. It appeared to be an empty room. Heike isn't on this cruise. It is Fred, who unlike our previous experiences with Philip or Heike, seems to be conspicuous by his absence. Have only seen him once, standing on the pier following the Azamazing evening in Amsterdam. However, staff at Guest Relations are fantastically helpful.

Lynne:p

We are also currently on Journey, having a wonderful time. Did notice the group looking at a stateroom but not disturbing guests. It appeared to be an empty room. Heike isn't on this cruise. It is Fred, who unlike our previous experiences with Philip or Heike, seems to be conspicuous by his absence. Have only seen him once, standing on the pier following the Azamazing evening in Amsterdam. However, staff at Guest Relations are fantastically helpful.

Lynne:p

Lynne, hope you have had a great cruise. Sorry we haven’t met. I didn’t get on the ship in Copenhagen until 7pm so missed the gathering. I’ve had a really fab cruise. Wasn’t the Azamazing super? Best I’ve been to.

Phil

We had the unfortunate experience of TA's on Silver Spirit for two nights at sea recently. Smoking in La Terazza at lunch was the least of offences committed. Staff seemed (or had been instructed not to upset) reluctant to say or prevent repeated bad behaviour. All staff were run ragged with demands for service and attention from free loaders out to enjoy themselves whilst full paying passengers had to endure their bad behaviour.

Lynne, hope you have had a great cruise. Sorry we haven’t met. I didn’t get on the ship in Copenhagen until 7pm so missed the gathering. I’ve had a really fab cruise. Wasn’t the Azamazing super? Best I’ve been to.

Phil

Hi Phil. Loved our cruise and wasn't it just fantastic sailing up the Thames yesterday? There were so many highlights and the Azamazing evening in Amsterdam was certainly one of them. The 13 year violinist was breathtaking!

It would have been lovely to meet you and I did keep looking at various people wondering if they were you! Hopefully another time. There are a number of cruises on Pursuit next year that look interesting but this itinerary would be hard to beat for us.

Lynne:D

But there are some ports where the ship never starts or ends a cruise ( possibly Bremerhaven for example) so the only way for TAs from there to have a look at the ship is when it’s there.

It’s a difficult one - it sounds quite intrusive, but on the other hand we all want our TAs to be as knowledgeable as possible.

Not meaning to pile on but it should be noted that the only way a passenger 'can have a look at the ship' is to buy a voyage :confused::confused::confused:. I would be remiss if I didn't say that Cruise Critic is a huge asset for those of us that don't get a free day pass to check out a ship - before we book.

I don't know if it's still being done but I remember meeting some very pleasant TAs on cruises that had been financially assisted or comped by their travel agency and the ship line to take a voyage so they could experience first hand what paying passengers received when they booked and paid for a cruise from that cruise line.

Seeing a ship between cruises really tells you nothing about the experience of cruising on board her or the cruise line. To me, orchestrated tours when guests are on a cruise cheapens the cruise line and just seems wrong. My impression of a cruise line or the ships I've had the good fortune of traveling aboard always comes with a receipt ;).