2018 Flower Power cruise 24 February

cheerfullady

• 2 weeks later...
Has anyone any information regarding the 24 February 2018 sailing with Peter Noone of Herman Hermits. Saw the last few seconds of a TV advert in USA but can't seem to find it anywhere.

I swathe same commercial on tv. Can't find anything on the internet yet, but you can call Flower Power from their web site. I did. It looks like a great lineup. I didn't catch the name of the ship they are using.

• 3 weeks later...
Has anyone any information regarding the 24 February 2018 sailing with Peter Noone of Herman Hermits. Saw the last few seconds of a TV advert in USA but can't seem to find it anywhere.

Will go on sale March 9, 2017. Same ship. Great line up!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We went on the 1st Flower Power Cruise last year on the Infinity. We were unable to go on the one this year, but are planning to book the 2018 cruise on the Summit. The first two were only 5 days - next year's will be a 7 day cruise. We can't wait!

It was a wonderful experience! The music was amazing, most of the performers were still great and it was fun to go to the discussions with the groups to hear their back stories and adventures. The passengers were like-minded - lots of energy and excitement, fun costumes and cool events.

Here is my review of last year's cruise - it was a B2B, with a 4 night cruise before the Flower Power Cruise.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2327623

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi! We were on 2017 Flower Power cruise also, and bkkd the 2018 cruise onboard! Awesome!! We also "had" to take the Aqua Spa cabin:rolleyes:, as we booked late for 2017 and that's what they had left. I'm glad that happened as we decided to book the same cabin for 2018. 'cuz we liked Blu, Persian Gardens and the other amenities so well-it was worth it for us. Having music all day and night, if you chose was fantastic!! If you're trying to make a decision for 2018, I wouldn't wait too long. I can't see how you'd regret going.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We are also booked on the 2018 Flower Power Cruise and may be booking the b2b 70s cruise called Rock and Romance. We were part of the 2017 Flower Power cruise and I can confirm that it is not a regular cruise. You sort of forget you're on a cruise. Action packed, never nothing to do, music all day/night along with mingling with awesome artists and listening to the perspective of interesting narrators/historians. We met so many awesome friends. Where else are you going to be in the midst of like-minded people? Do it!

We are also booked on the 2018 Flower Power Cruise and may be booking the b2b 70s cruise called Rock and Romance. We were part of the 2017 Flower Power cruise and I can confirm that it is not a regular cruise. You sort of forget you're on a cruise. Action packed, never nothing to do, music all day/night along with mingling with awesome artists and listening to the perspective of interesting narrators/historians. We met so many awesome friends. Where else are you going to be in the midst of like-minded people? Do it!

Glad to hear you're joining us...welcome! We seem to have lost our momentum on this thread! We too are doing the b2b with Rock and Romance. We were on the '17 Flower Power cruise with you;-) Booked this one onboard. It was everything you said it was. So we are going again in '18 and convinced friends to also go with us! It will be their first though. Hope to see you there!

• 5 months later...

Can't believe were almost half way through November! Feb 24th will be here before we blink! Who else is going on the Flower Power 2018 Cruise!? It will be my first "themed" cruise and all those 60's bands and songs will bring back many memories.

Can anyone who was on the cruise last year - let me know if the bands will do meet and greets!

Thanks - and keep rocking!

• 1 month later...
We went on the 1st Flower Power Cruise last year on the Infinity. We were unable to go on the one this year, but are planning to book the 2018 cruise on the Summit. The first two were only 5 days - next year's will be a 7 day cruise. We can't wait!

It was a wonderful experience! The music was amazing, most of the performers were still great and it was fun to go to the discussions with the groups to hear their back stories and adventures. The passengers were like-minded - lots of energy and excitement, fun costumes and cool events.

Here is my review of last year's cruise - it was a B2B, with a 4 night cruise before the Flower Power Cruise.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2327623

Hey VTcruising, enjoyed all your reviews about the 2016 FPC, and glad to hear you’ll be onboard in a few weeks with us! Our first FPC, and my S.O’s very first cruise in his life! What a way to get spoiled forever, huh? He’s a musician, so we are bringing some guitars onboard, and will love having fellow musicians, and singers of all sorts stopping by our stateroom to sing some songs....beatles, guess who, hollies, whatever! Hope to meet you on the Summit. It’s gonna be a great time!!! Thanks again for all your helpful posts about the trips.

See you soon. JoAnn & George

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hey VTcruising, enjoyed all your reviews about the 2016 FPC, and glad to hear you’ll be onboard in a few weeks with us! Our first FPC, and my S.O’s very first cruise in his life! What a way to get spoiled forever, huh? He’s a musician, so we are bringing some guitars onboard, and will love having fellow musicians, and singers of all sorts stopping by our stateroom to sing some songs....beatles, guess who, hollies, whatever! Hope to meet you on the Summit. It’s gonna be a great time!!! Thanks again for all your helpful posts about the trips.

See you soon. JoAnn & George

Joann:

Yes, George is in for a treat to have this be his first cruise! We had such a wonderful time on the 2016 Flower Power Cruise and are so looking forward to this one (45 days!).

This is a great cruise to bring a guitar and share music with others. One of the things we liked about the cruise was, not only did we experience a phenomenal concert every night, but during the day (in addition to often scheduled concerts at the pool) some of the artists would hold sing-alongs at various areas around the ship. It was so much fun to stop and join in, with talented audience members sometimes doing a song. Mike Nesmith's son, Christian, and Circe Link were onboard and held frequent sing-alongs near the pool or in a small venues - they were so talented and personable.

Looking forward to many more special experiences. See you onboard!

Joann:

Yes, George is in for a treat to have this be his first cruise! We had such a wonderful time on the 2016 Flower Power Cruise and are so looking forward to this one (45 days!).

This is a great cruise to bring a guitar and share music with others. One of the things we liked about the cruise was, not only did we experience a phenomenal concert every night, but during the day (in addition to often scheduled concerts at the pool) some of the artists would hold sing-alongs at various areas around the ship. It was so much fun to stop and join in, with talented audience members sometimes doing a song. Mike Nesmith's son, Christian, and Circe Link were onboard and held frequent sing-alongs near the pool or in a small venues - they were so talented and personable.

Looking forward to many more special experiences. See you onboard!

Hey VT cruising (what is your name??)

We are so excited to be on this cruise and look forward to meeting you! We love playing music and every night, we do tutorials about the bands on our trip....so fun to learn their histories too. Today was Guess Who. We played No Time, and Share the Land! Whoo Hooo! So fun. Great chords and lyrics!! We’ll talk more...... great to meet you!!!

Hey VT cruising (what is your name??)

We are so excited to be on this cruise and look forward to meeting you! We love playing music and every night, we do tutorials about the bands on our trip....so fun to learn their histories too. Today was Guess Who. We played No Time, and Share the Land! Whoo Hooo! So fun. Great chords and lyrics!! We’ll talk more...... great to meet you!!!

We are Henry and Marilyn from Vermont.

You are smart to review the bands before the cruise - I wish we had done that last time. I have recently been Googling some of them to try to see who the present members are, best songs, etc. so hopefully will be more knowledgeable this time.

PS: I saw your question on the other thread about loyalty points. We did a B2B last time, one regular cruise and then the FPC. We did receive Captain's Club points for both cruises, but did not receive the usual Elite perks such as free internet, free gelato, etc. on the Flower Power cruise. There were no Captain's Club events on the Flower Power cruise.

We were able to get the Premium Beverage package on sale a couple of weeks ago (25% off) and we received some onboard credit from our kids for Christmas that we can use for internet, gelato, specialty dining, etc., so we should be good. :D

Will look forward to seeing you onboard in a few weeks!

• 4 weeks later...
We are Henry and Marilyn from Vermont.

You are smart to review the bands before the cruise - I wish we had done that last time. I have recently been Googling some of them to try to see who the present members are, best songs, etc. so hopefully will be more knowledgeable this time.

PS: I saw your question on the other thread about loyalty points. We did a B2B last time, one regular cruise and then the FPC. We did receive Captain's Club points for both cruises, but did not receive the usual Elite perks such as free internet, free gelato, etc. on the Flower Power cruise. There were no Captain's Club events on the Flower Power cruise.

We were able to get the Premium Beverage package on sale a couple of weeks ago (25% off) and we received some onboard credit from our kids for Christmas that we can use for internet, gelato, specialty dining, etc., so we should be good. :D

Will look forward to seeing you onboard in a few weeks!

Hey Marilyn and Henry!

Flower Power Homework:

So last night we started looking at some of the other bands on the trip, and we came upon some cool stuff about the Cowsills... Of course I remember them as a kid, but reading their history and how they got started was really fun to learn. They started out “wanting to be the Beatles”, (didn’t we all???) they got their start in Rhode Island playing small venues until they were “discovered”. They made it big. The girl, Susan, was only 7 years old when they brought her into the band! Today, only 3 of the 7 kids are going to be joining us on the ship, including Susan and 2 of her brothers, but it will be fun to hear them. Check them out at Cowsill.com

These folks have been through a lot of stuff over the years, including losing one of their brothers in Hurricane Katrina. Looking forward to meeting them.

We also broke out the guitars for some old Guess Who last night: we learned “Hand me Down World”. And “No Time”. Do you remember? Very cool songs. If you come by our room, we’ll play for you, and you can sing with us.

Wow, only 17 days til we head out to sea!!!!!

JoAnn & George

Hey Marilyn and Henry!

Flower Power Homework:

So last night we started looking at some of the other bands on the trip, and we came upon some cool stuff about the Cowsills... Of course I remember them as a kid, but reading their history and how they got started was really fun to learn. They started out “wanting to be the Beatles”, (didn’t we all???) they got their start in Rhode Island playing small venues until they were “discovered”. They made it big. The girl, Susan, was only 7 years old when they brought her into the band! Today, only 3 of the 7 kids are going to be joining us on the ship, including Susan and 2 of her brothers, but it will be fun to hear them. Check them out at Cowsill.com

These folks have been through a lot of stuff over the years, including losing one of their brothers in Hurricane Katrina. Looking forward to meeting them.

We also broke out the guitars for some old Guess Who last night: we learned “Hand me Down World”. And “No Time”. Do you remember? Very cool songs. If you come by our room, we’ll play for you, and you can sing with us.

Wow, only 17 days til we head out to sea!!!!!

JoAnn & George

Hey guys:

Good to hear from you! I have done some research this week so your post was timely. :D I listen to 60 on 6 on Sirius and heard Hair the other night so looked up the Cowsills - I had forgotten that they were the basis for the Partridge family. Very cool that Susan is still with them - sad that they lost one brother in Katrina.

We were on the first FPC and Guess Who was there. We especially loved American Woman and These Eyes. We enjoyed the afternoon Q&A's and the Guess Who's explanation of American Woman during one. Loved hearing about stories of being on the road, etc. The schedule shows Q&A's on the sea days with several performers including the Cowsills on 2/25 and the Guess on 3/1. We plan to attend all of those - you have to arrive early though because it becomes standing room only. Now that we have the schedule, we are so excited - I have all the things we want to do highlighted.

You've inspired me to look up some more groups and quiz Henry. Look forward to meeting you onboard! I also have to get serious about packing...

See you soon!

Marilyn

Hey guys:

Good to hear from you! I have done some research this week so your post was timely. :D I listen to 60 on 6 on Sirius and heard Hair the other night so looked up the Cowsills - I had forgotten that they were the basis for the Partridge family. Very cool that Susan is still with them - sad that they lost one brother in Katrina.

We were on the first FPC and Guess Who was there. We especially loved American Woman and These Eyes. We enjoyed the afternoon Q&A's and the Guess Who's explanation of American Woman during one. Loved hearing about stories of being on the road, etc. The schedule shows Q&A's on the sea days with several performers including the Cowsills on 2/25 and the Guess on 3/1. We plan to attend all of those - you have to arrive early though because it becomes standing room only. Now that we have the schedule, we are so excited - I have all the things we want to do highlighted.

You've inspired me to look up some more groups and quiz Henry. Look forward to meeting you onboard! I also have to get serious about packing...

See you soon!

Marilyn

Hi Marilyn, all sounds so cool. We cannot wait!!! Packing??? Who is packing yet? I guess that should start soon. You guys got 60’s outfits for the trip??? We bought the sleeeeeeezist stuff off amazon, made of fabric that I could not have ever imagined. But it looks cool, so we’re bringing it on! George got white platform shoes yesterday, I just about busted a gut when he put them on....... here he is in one of the “outfits”.....IMG_6103.jpg.6351dc7c4f7166debad6c44fbcf070c5.jpg. We are READY for this trip!! 60’s here we come!!!

Cruise sounds great we are booked on following week for Rock and Romance same company more of 70's music Michael McDonald, America , should be great have sky suite, would be a great back to back

Hey George C,

We are JoAnn M and George C! We are also doing the B2B with the FPC. We would love to come visit your sky suite! We’ll even bring guitars and an amplifier up and play for you in your place. You name the song you want, we’ll work on it and play for you. If it is Beatles that would make it even better! Can’t wait for these trips! Whoo Hoo!