Beverage Package

My wife and I just booked this cruise (Allure 1/6/19) with 2 other couples. I see the beverage package is $49. Does anyone know if that is the standard price or is it currently on sale?

It is 53 dollars PP/PD for ours, I would say you are getting a good price.

I'm going on the Allure this Sunday and got the deluxe package for $47/day. It's the first time I've gotten a drinks package so I'll find out if it's worth it. I don't think it would ever be worth it for me to pay more than $50/day. On my upcoming Princess cruise in October, it's over $60/day. Uh, no way.

Drink packages are only worth it if you drink a lot. I'm happy drinking iced tea, water, and the "free" coffee. While at home, I enjoy a soda a day, I can easily skip it. For the 2-3 alcoholic drinks I'll drink on a 7 day cruise, its more sense for me to pay a la carte.

Drink packages are totally worth the cost IMO. We are both coffee drinkers, alcohol drinkers and huge fans of bottled water. We figured out we used the full package everyday of our last cruise.

The regular refreshment package that is pop, juice, bottled water coffee etc. is 26 dollars a day for our dates. To my mind it means it is only 27 dollars more to add the alcohol. That isn't that many cocktails or beers to me so it's kind of an obvious thing.

Drink packages are totally worth the cost IMO. We are both coffee drinkers, alcohol drinkers and huge fans of bottled water. We figured out we used the full package everyday of our last cruise.

Totally agree! We always get it & use it fully. We also are Diamond & get three free drinks per day...but still get our monies worth...I get a bottle of water practically every time I walk by a bar. I store them up in the room & take them ashore with me. We drink the special coffees and fresh squeezed orange juice daily! It's well worth it for us.

Same here - we are D+ and still get the package. We easily drink enough to make it worth it, along with water, coffee, soda, etc. And we have found that rather than going to the DL or CL we much rather go to Schooners. Hubby loves his espresso Martini at night and I like Frozen Margaritas, neither you can get in the lounges

So to answer your question - but it and watch the prices, if it goes down, cancel and rebook

You will have everyone and anyone knocking you about "drinking" to much. But I am a beer drinker for the most part. I figure if I drink 6 beers a day (which I easily do), water, a mimosa in the morning, a diet coke in the morning I am totally over the cost of the package.

I sail Allure in October and was able to snag the drink package for $42/day, $49/day when we count the gratuity. Turns out to a drink with every meal, sparkling water with lunch and/or dinner, and maybe a bottle of water.

As said above, I definitely don’t see the value above $50/day for my personal drinking habits, especially since I don’t drink coffees.

Same here - we are D+ and still get the package. We easily drink enough to make it worth it, along with water, coffee, soda, etc. And we have found that rather than going to the DL or CL we much rather go to Schooners. Hubby loves his espresso Martini at night and I like Frozen Margaritas, neither you can get in the lounges

So to answer your question - but it and watch the prices, if it goes down, cancel and rebook

You will have everyone and anyone knocking you about "drinking" to much. But I am a beer drinker for the most part. I figure if I drink 6 beers a day (which I easily do), water, a mimosa in the morning, a diet coke in the morning I am totally over the cost of the package.

What's an espresso Martini and do they make them at any bar on the ship? I sounds like something I might like.

Not forgetting the sometimes overlooked daily 'shooter' at dinner! Mostly Baileys based, but included in your drinks package. I've put them in the after dinner coffee before now too ha ha

Oh I like that idea :D. We’ve booked a drinks package for the first time - sailing on Allure in a few weeks time. How does the wine work - is it all wine selection up to a certain $ or only a select few by the glass? Also fresh OJ - if having breakfast in MDR do you have to show your card to get the proper stuff !

Thanks

Gill

Oh I like that idea :D. We’ve booked a drinks package for the first time - sailing on Allure in a few weeks time. How does the wine work - is it all wine selection up to a certain $ or only a select few by the glass? Also fresh OJ - if having breakfast in MDR do you have to show your card to get the proper stuff !

Thanks

Gill

Wine up to $12 per glass. Show your card to get fresh squeezed OJ.

Wine up to $12 per glass. Show your card to get fresh squeezed OJ.

Thanks Bob, I’ve been looking at the wine price lists posted by other members and noticed that a lot are over $12 - will I still be able to order those but just pay the extra.

Thanks Gill

Thanks Bob, I’ve been looking at the wine price lists posted by other members and noticed that a lot are over $12 - will I still be able to order those but just pay the extra.

Thanks Gill

Yes, you would pay the difference plus 18% of the difference (tips).

we always buy the drink package. when i pre booked for our trip on oasis of the seas i got it for $47 pp. that was the lowest it ever got, i have heard that on the smaller ships its cheaper and covers drinks up to $12. on the oasis class ships it covers drinks up to $13. even if you do not think you will drink that much alcohol, you can make up the difference with coffee and more importantly bottles of water. i remember on one port i was able to get 1 liter bottles of Evian. I don't know what those would cost normally, but that's whats great about the drink package..you don't have to worry about cost. and almost everything on the oasis class ship is under $13 except high end wines and champagne.