Oasis Sept 2 JS (paid in full) now UNAVAILABLE?

Got a message from my TA about 3:30 today that stated my J3 Junior Suite for Oasis Sept 2 was unavailable. She said we could move to a 1A? ultra spacious balcony room have our 3rd pass refunded and get 200 OBC. This trip is paid in full, I have even completed online check in and printed docs. We booked months ago and got a great price $2650 for 3 pass during kids sail free (2 adults, 1 3yo). I wanted the larger room too allow for my daughter to nap undisturbed. A mock booking shows no suite currently available to book. We also recruited some good friends who booked the cabin next to us (also a JS). They received the same call. They have never sailed before and are so disappointed.

With that said, I've tried all day to get back in touch without much success until just now. The TA rep called RCCL resolutions and while she said she has never seen a paid for room pulled, she speculated it was due to too many pass on that side of the ship and not enough life boats. I call BS as there are rooms still available on the Starboard side. I know occupancy varies by room but I'm sure RCCLs algorithms and booking system account for this. She said a supervisor would call tomorrow but that was their "offer".

I am a loyal RCCL cruiser (26 days) and have a 11 day ovation trip planned for next May as well. With all that said, what would you do? At this point I guess I just sit tight and wait until tomorrow. Thoughts?

I am on that cruise too and would not be happy to find out my category was sold out. All suites have been gone for a while since they were available at such low prices. Not sure what they are offering you for cabins but 9200 and 9204 are available so that would at least put you almost beside your friends.

Their offer was 200 obc plus $133 refund for pass 3 taxes and fees. To me, this seems boardline unreasonable for the inconvenience. Think of it this way would you upgrade from a balcony to JS for 313? Heck yeah but no so much the other way around.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Wow.

That’s terrible.

I don’t have anything to offer in the way of advice, but this sounds like one of the worst things I’ve heard yet in terms of terrible customer service and resolution.

I hope it works out for you guys. That experience would completely deter me from sailing with RCL in the future.

Okay, here is a different idea. Your location says you are from Florida, what about changing ships and sailing Allure from Port Everglades? There are two Junior Suites that I can see. Would be same class ship, just a different port. Wonder if they would allow both families to move for no additional cost as it was their fault that they oversold.

It sounds to me that your TA made some type of problem....I never had this happen and so far taken 78 cruises. Sometimes I would get upgrade offers but that certainly is no upgrade and that incentive is not reasonable, nor is any incentive reasonable from going to a JS to a 1A.

You say you completed online check in did you happen to print it out and show that you were in that stateroom?

The TA rep called RCCL resolutions and while she said she has never seen a paid for room pulled,

We have had examples of folks being bumped, will into final payment period.

Try to get a three way call going with TA and RCI so you know exactly what is being said - don't rely on TA's word.

At a very min, if you take their current offer, you should ask for the fare diff (in addition to the refund for the third pass) for being down graded in category and lots of OBC.

It sounds to me that your TA made some type of problem....I never had this happen and so far taken 78 cruises. Sometimes I would get upgrade offers but that certainly is no upgrade and that incentive is not reasonable, nor is any incentive reasonable from going to a JS to a 1A.

You say you completed online check in did you happen to print it out and show that you were in that stateroom?

This is not a first on here. There have been passengers in same situation, people loosing their cabin because they were 2pass in 4pass cabin and one not even have any cabin 2 weeks before sailing... To OP, keep on them, at least better compensation, hope it work's out for you and you all can sail...

We had this happen to us. We had booked a regular mid ship balcony cabin. Paid in full. A couple of weeks before we were due to travel we looked at our booking and found we had been moved to another balcony, on a different deck, at the back of the ship. We queried it and were told that they had gone to upgrade us, changed their mind and in the meantime someone else was put in our original cabin. They said they couldn’t move them as they were from a different country and already travelling. Anyway to cut a long story short we didn’t let it go and ended up with a good amount of onboard credit, money of our next cruise and an upgrade into a Royal Family Suite. ( there was only the 2 of us).

Hope you get a resolution you are happy with.

After an 1.5 hr on the phone, mostly on hold, we reached a resolution. To the member who suggested I request a 3 way call...I owe you 1500 bucks. Rccl refunded pass 2 at 1305 and we got 200obc. We agreed to move to 7730 and 7370, large family balcony at the very back of the ship just under the aqua suites. This is perfect because these rooms have bunk beds. Rccl customer service was wonderful. Cruise dot x not so much. I've booked a half dozen with them.and will shop around next time. Their "supervisor" was down right rude and misleading. To all those who posted comments and suggestions thanks 1500 times.

After an 1.5 hr on the phone, mostly on hold, we reached a resolution. To the member who suggested I request a 3 way call...I owe you 1500 bucks. Rccl refunded pass 2 at 1305 and we got 200obc. We agreed to move to 7730 and 7370, large family balcony at the very back of the ship just under the aqua suites. This is perfect because these rooms have bunk beds. Rccl customer service was wonderful. Cruise dot x not so much. I've booked a half dozen with them.and will shop around next time. Their "supervisor" was down right rude and misleading. To all those who posted comments and suggestions thanks 1500 times.

Great outcome.

I’ve been watching for an update. Glad it worked out. Did you mean 7730 and 7330? If so that seems like a great outcome. Certainly one I’d be happy with.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, sorry, going off memory

After an 1.5 hr on the phone, mostly on hold, we reached a resolution. To the member who suggested I request a 3 way call...I owe you 1500 bucks.

Glad it worked out for you. TAs have different incentives and can’t always be relied upon to be an impartial advocate.

Lucky OP glad you got a nice solution.

We had a guaranty fully paid for deluxe balcony that became an inside Promenade for, originally $462 more - the Friday before Sunday’s sailing. Had to pay to downgrade cabin to another sailing. By the way, the final insult was it would cost the cruise line too much money to move us without charge ($400 would have been the difference in cost!).

Haven’t booked with RCI. since. Doesn’t mean I won’t, but other products like Celebrity and Princess keep me happy.

We are also half way to Pinnacle and the cruise line was not concerned that there was no reciprocal loyalty to the customer.