*Photo Review* Pacific Coast Cruise 10/1/17

alainamarie

Hi Alaina,

We are home, and I am just now seeing this. I gave Gareth your regards and of course, he remembered you and the others! I am sorry that I did not speak to Dejan. If I would have seen this response I would have made it a point too. It was an excellent cruise and the service was TOP NOTCH everywhere. They did not offer a 2 for 1 upgrade to premium so we both stayed with Classic and it was fine. We did pay the difference on a few drinks, so I think it worked out better that we did not upgrade. Even at 2 for 1, I am not sure it would have been worth it.

We loved our FV 8166. It greatly enhanced our cruise. The space and balcony was wonderful. In fact, we had an inside booked for Alaska on a Holland America cruise and I called my PCC and upgraded to an AFT balcony. Btw, we did the 11 night Pacific Coastal on the Infinity in May and loved it. I highly recommend the longer Pacific Coastal. My observation is that it always comes down after final payment.

So glad you enjoyed your cabin & your cruise! Thanks for extending our greetings - Gareth is one of a kind!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Is it just me or does a lot of older X ships have a certain kind of jank. i haven't sailed with them yet, but from the pics that i have seen it always seems like the bathroom is out of date compared to the rest of the beautiful ship.

Our cabin was #7003. I found this forward facing corner cabin was available several months ago, so we changed rooms and really loved all the space this cabin had to offer. The only issues were a sewer smell in the bathroom, toilet issues towards the end, and the AC stopped working all together on the last night. Bed was semi-comfortable, but that's coming from someone with back issues. This cabin was the largest I've been in and sharing the space was a lot easier with all of the extra space.

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

Is it just me or does a lot of older X ships have a certain kind of jank. i haven't sailed with them yet, but from the pics that i have seen it always seems like the bathroom is out of date compared to the rest of the beautiful ship.

Not sure what “jank” means, but I do agree with the outdated part. I’ve sailed on Solstice and the bathroom was much nicer. The bathroom on Connie and Infinity were both standard fare and “blah”. This bathroom came with a lovely sewer smell!

Thanks for reading!

Alaina

Not sure what “jank” means, but I do agree with the outdated part. I’ve sailed on Solstice and the bathroom was much nicer. The bathroom on Connie and Infinity were both standard fare and “blah”. This bathroom came with a lovely sewer smell!

Thanks for reading!

Alaina

:'):') was it complimentary?

Hi monajayk, would love to see a review on the Panama Canal Cruise is on my bucket list!!

It’s on my bucket list, wanted to repeat Alaska first! I’m also itching for Europe so Panama Canal keeps creeping down on the list for now!

:'):') was it complimentary?

Totally a part of the beverage package! [emoji6]

Hi Monakayk, lol that's ok, I'm still not sure when I'll be cruising Panama, Alaska or Hawaii also on my bucket list. I notice you're a veteran when it comes to cruising, I only started in 2005, been celebrating my mom's and my b days in April, every years since with a cruise. How do you compare the cruise lines? I've done Carnival, Royal, and Princess, and don't have any complain on any of them, but have heard good and bad on Norwegian, Holland and Celebrity. How do you feel of the perks you get when staying with the same cruise line?

Linda

Hi Monakayk, lol that's ok, I'm still not sure when I'll be cruising Panama, Alaska or Hawaii also on my bucket list. I notice you're a veteran when it comes to cruising, I only started in 2005, been celebrating my mom's and my b days in April, every years since with a cruise. How do you compare the cruise lines? I've done Carnival, Royal, and Princess, and don't have any complain on any of them, but have heard good and bad on Norwegian, Holland and Celebrity. How do you feel of the perks you get when staying with the same cruise line?

Linda

Linda,

So far I have been pleased with all the cruise lines we have cruised on mostly. Some lines are better than others. I would have to say that so far CCL, X and PCL have been to my liking the most. We have stuck with PCL and are now elite..so we will cruise when we can with PCL...if price/itinerary is what we like the most.....mainly for the perks we get. However, we still will cruise on other lines.

My best advise is to go on the cruise that you want...no matter what the cruise line is. Just enjoy the experience of cruising and visiting ports of calls. Then no matter how bad the food or other things might be....you will have a great cruise. HAPPY CRUISING!:D