"Thank you for sailing with us"

mafig

We have only said twice with Celebrity, both times we received the OBC email offers after our cruises. The first cruise we did not book future cruise onboard but did use the offer for our April/May 2017 cruise after our trip. While on the April/May 2017 cruise, we booked 3 future cruises while onboard and we also received the OBC email offer after our cruise.

Thanks you to the original poster. We were on the Independence Day cruise on the Summit, filled out the survey but never got an email. Asked about POSTTHANKU and it was immediately applied to a booking we made today. Doesn't hurt to ask.

Again, many thanks.

Thanks you to the original poster. We were on the Independence Day cruise on the Summit, filled out the survey but never got an email. Asked about POSTTHANKU and it was immediately applied to a booking we made today. Doesn't hurt to ask.

Again, many thanks.

By chance, did you complete and submit your post-cruise survey?

• 2 months later...

In all of the 54 cruises we have taken on Celebrity, we have never received an email giving an OBC if we booked another cruise. We have always booked one onboard every time. We also have done the survey's every time.

I booked two onboard and got the email today.

Can I ask how long after you cruised did you receive an email Thanking you for cruising& giving OBC for next cruise? We did the Pacific Coastal in Sept. & haven't heard anything.

Can I ask how long after you cruised did you receive an email Thanking you for cruising& giving OBC for next cruise? We did the Pacific Coastal in Sept. & haven't heard anything.

It's varied for me. One time I received the email about a week after the cruise, and another time I received it about 2 months after.

We disembarked last Monday so approx one week.

We disembarked on Oct 1& no email. We also booked 2 onboard.

Just out of curiosity we called Captain's Club & they told us that if you get the email you are a chosen one!!!! It is just a hit or miss if you get the email. It is a marketing tool that is 100% random, but on saying that they had a email attached to my spouse that we had never heard of . Guess we're not the chosen one.

Edited by If only

• 7 months later...

I think technically they do expire. I book through a travel agent and I have given the POSTTHANKU code to him after the reported expiry date and have had it applied. I think it's probably the luck of the draw.

I have also completed a cruise and not received the email, however when I followed the link in the prior email the online version had expiry dates clearly after my last cruise.

I think technically they do expire. I book through a travel agent and I have given the POSTTHANKU code to him after the reported expiry date and have had it applied. I think it's probably the luck of the draw.

I have also completed a cruise and not received the email, however when I followed the link in the prior email the online version had expiry dates clearly after my last cruise.

This has been my experience too. My best guess is that it is probably the luck of the draw.

We got one and tried to have the $100 OBC added to our new TA which we booked (and was NOT excluded in the terms/conditions.

THEN Celebrity changed the terms/conditions and would only add $50 of the OBC... ridiculous. We will be onboard 14 days and they go cheap for $50!

We’ve sailed Celebrity 5 times since last July and have 6 more booked. I have never received an email. Do you think I could ask my TA to check on it for any of my future sailings? I know the worst would be no but from reading these posts, it doesn’t sound like there were very many no’s. Thanks!

We’ve sailed Celebrity 5 times since last July and have 6 more booked. I have never received an email. Do you think I could ask my TA to check on it for any of my future sailings? I know the worst would be no but from reading these posts, it doesn’t sound like there were very many no’s. Thanks!

Here's my rule of operation...if you don't ask, the answer is definitely no, so ask and maybe you'll get pleasantly surprised. Can't hurt to ask, just be pleasant and gracious accepting the answer regardless of outcome. Good luck!☺

Yes, we had gotten them prior to us booking suites; now, we do not receive, birthdays or anything else from Celebrity, although once in awhile we receive emails...have no idea why this is the case. I have called, but no one knows for sure why either.