0n holdcelebrityconstellation handicapped front of the boat 6004

Viktoria

How rocky would a room be to Greece May 2019 very front of the ship, level 6 room 6004. It is a very big handicapped room. My concern is the front of the ship. Would rock and roll a great deal. We do not have a balcony but have ocean view.

I've sailed many times in forward cabins and not an issue. However, my DH and I, have many cruises under our belts and we have our "sea legs". Yes, forward cabins do present motion issues, quite noticeable, and perhaps uncomfortable, for some. If you suffer from motion sickness in general, this may not be the cabin for you. Have you considered oceanview cabins lower down and more mid-ship? Best place on the ship to avoid motion sickness. The Med can give us calm seas, nor not. No way to tell how your sailing will be impacted.

Edited by Lady Arwen
spelling

We were on 6001 alongside on the front of the ship. We were in the Med and had a great trip. If I could take one of the two accessible cabins in the front of the ship I would do so in a heart beat. One can never guess what weather conditions are like but if it gets too rough head down aft for a short period and get some fresh air. This ship is pretty stable and needs a lot to get it pitching

Mediterranean is not so bad on summer, so the cabin should be ok. It is also not on higher bridges.

I was once in 9001 on Infinity, on "Pacific", south of Chile. The rolling was "nice", but I could sleep in any case (I just tried to be very tired before going into the cabin). Just outside areas (and staircases) were closed/not recommended.

You will get far more motion without a doubt as we did on the QM2 on our only forward cabin. With respect you may want to hear it won’t be a problem but honest answers are far more helpful especially if you could be prone to motion sickness. That large cabin won’t mean a thing if you are rarely out of bed feeling rotten while in it.

changed my mind again and put deposit on this room. The large room (378) pulled me in.

T think you have made the right decision. If the sea conditions deteriorate to such an extent that the Connie is pitching so much it will be uncomfortable everywhere

We just got off the Constellation (Med cruise), we were in cabin 8002 which is pretty much as far forward as you could get. Prior to boarding, I was also worried about motion. The good news is that we didn't experience any at all!!

Thanks for your input. This will be our 4th cruise and I will miss Blue, but the room was too attractive,:D especially since it is a handicapped one which I rarely see.

Viktoria, I assume you do need a handicapped room and understand the differences between it and general room?

Absolutely. I use a walker and need the bars at the toilet and the shower. Why do you ask?

It was just the focus on the size of the room rather than facilities.....I was a little concerned that a physically able bodied guest was looking for extra space and possibly filling a room that someone like yourself really needed.

My last two cruises have been in a wheelchair although I am now again mobile. A couple of recent threads have expressed concern that accessible cabins are in short supply....

So pleased you have found a room that meets your needs. My very secondary concern was that an able bodied guest could have booked your room and then found the lower counter levels, shower etc unsuitable...

Sincere best wishes for a great cruise!