** REFLECTION - Ultimate Caribbean 12/8/17 **

jules815

Hi Everyone!

We're heading out in about 30 minutes, so before shutting down my computer, I thought I'd start this.

I'm not very good at doing reviews, but at least I have a thread to park some comments and pictures about our journey.

We board the reflection Dec 22 & looking forward tour first Celebrity Cruise.. Just now getting excited about our cruise..Assume our dressy nights will be Christmas Eve & New Years Eve..

Have never been on a Christmas cruise before & making up my clothing list while wrapping gifts for our 10 Grand & Great Grand Kids..Fortunately they are coming to visit us after we get home..This time I told them they have to come in family groups, not all 10 at once, so I can get to enjoy the little ones..:cool:Looks like some of them will get T-shirts from the Caribbean this year..

Another Grand daughter is getting married next year & adding two more little ones to her brood.. There is an old saying that "it's cheaper by the dozen" :cool: Wonder if that's true!:cool:

Hope you have a great cruise..

We live in the Chicago suburbs. American changed our flight to 7am. I was worried with it being winter, what if there’s snow, so we’re using a free night and staying at the Renaissance hotel at O’Hare. Our daughter works right next door to the hotel, so we’re having a drink before dinner. We’ll be on the 5:30 shuttle. Officially on vacation. Yay! 5798bcd6fd743d30312aacd531859db9.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171206/5798bcd6fd743d30312a

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We just get out today, wonderfull cruise, good food, good service and calm sea, 11 days with 5 ports ; Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao, Grand Cayman and Colombia, very hot weather, now going back to snow in Montreal

We had a nice day in Fort Lauderdale pre-cruise. We stayed at the Ritz Carlton, and the service was exceptional...couldn’t have been better. We didn’t sleep very well the night before our flight, so we both slept like babies. 8fc0b306de9a5f7d07c3c0d7ffaf7e68.jpg

We had dinner at a Cuban restaurant in Ft. Lauderdale, Mario’s Catalina. Great food. We had the hotel arrange for transportation to the port. I think it was through USA transportation. A suburban took us to the port. We left the hotel at 10:30, and after quick check in, found out they were already boarding. We were in line, and one of the concierges saw us and walked us quickly on board and right to Michael’s Club.