"Perk Free" Rate?

agathasmum

I have found a cruise I am really interested in but the price is very high, presumably because of the "perks" that are thrown in.

I don't really need free drinks or wifi or tips. Does Celebrity no longer offer a basic, cheaper "perk free" rate?

Thanks.

They sometimes offer a resident rate that removes the perks. I have also seen that if you look for a senior rate (if you qualify). In looking at my upcoming March cruise they are offering a no perk rate but it's only $350 below the rate with 2 perks. Assuming one perk is a $150 per person shipboard credit you are getting the drink package for $200. I don't drink a lot but it doesn't take much to hit $200 in a week.

Without knowing what cruise you are looking at, you can always call and ask if you qualify for a perk free rate?

Looking for th cheap the cheapest is the inside cabin. They don’t offer any perks but sometimes the extra cost for outside or balcony that offers perks isn’t much more considering the value of the upgrade and perks.

Repositioning cruises don’t offer any perks.

Last minute, senior rate and etc usually don’t have added perks in their price. Many times guaranteed cabins don’t have the perks included.

You have to look at all different scenarios and decide what the overall value is.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

During the booking process, when the perks screen pops up just click no thanks and continue. After that you can compare the rate with and without perks.

On the perks screen, if the rate states that the perks are "complimentary" then clicking the "no than you" box will NOT change the rate at all. This is a set rate that includes the perks whether you take them or not.

When there is a discounted rate and the perks are not included there will be a +sign with an amount indicating the extra charge to have perks included.

It seems the OP has chosen a sailing that a discounted rate is not being offered for that particular cruise now and the perks are bundled into the price.

I have found a cruise I am really interested in but the price is very high, presumably because of the "perks" that are thrown in.

I don't really need free drinks or wifi or tips. Does Celebrity no longer offer a basic, cheaper "perk free" rate?

Thanks.

They do it just depends on the sailing. I've found, but not always, that the further out you book, the perks are complimentary but bundled into the price. The closer you get towards sailing, they start offering the discounted resident rates. For what month and year are you trying to book for?

They do it just depends on the sailing. I've found, but not always, that the further out you book, the perks are complimentary but bundled into the price. The closer you get towards sailing, they start offering the discounted resident rates. For what month and year are you trying to book for?

I observed this as well. My next cruise is just passed final payment and now I see discounted resident rates that weren't available before. TA says that I can't forgo the perk for the cheaper rate even if I upgrade which costs a little more.

I observed this as well. My next cruise is just passed final payment and now I see discounted resident rates that weren't available before. TA says that I can't forgo the perk for the cheaper rate even if I upgrade which costs a little more.

I would call your TA back. You can definitely take the cheaper rate without the perks and upgrade if you pay more. You can't take the cheaper rate and keep your perks though if the rate does not come with them. I've upgraded and paid several times and gone with the non-perk rate if losing the perks was the better deal. Good luck.

With our upcoming sailing... X was going to be charging us something like $200 more for a $150 perk.. I got on the phone and had the booking re-rated. Our TA had to get on thebphone multiple times with X..and we got several weird answers til I got it fixed.

Sometimes these "free" perks are not only in the price but also padded. YMMV

It used to be that most cruises had senior rates without any perks and you could always use the price difference between perk fares and non-perk fares to evaluate the effective price of the perk offer. But starting with 2018 cruises, most cruises with at least one complementary perk no longer also have the senior no-perk rate.

With our upcoming sailing... X was going to be charging us something like $200 more for a $150 perk.. I got on the phone and had the booking re-rated. Our TA had to get on thebphone multiple times with X..and we got several weird answers til I got it fixed.

Sometimes these "free" perks are not only in the price but also padded. YMMV

And sometimes the price for the perks is too good to pass up. When I booked a 14-night cruise on Millie last month, I had a choice of no perks for one price, or paying an additional $900 ($450pp) for all four perks (premium drink pkg., WiFi, $476 in tips, and $300obc for the cabin). In essence, I'm paying $124 for unlimited WiFi and 2 premium drink packages for a 14-day cruise. So in my case, adding the "Go Best" promo for that price was a no brainer.

As you said, YMMV.

You are right, that is a deal! $62 per person for the drink package and free wi-fi, hat is unbelievable! Congrats on scoring that!

Trish

Thanks, we thought it was pretty unbelievable as well. Really a no brainer in selecting the perks package instead of the no frills, bare bones price. And even with the additional $450pp for the four perks, we're still only paying a little over $200/night for a sky suite.

And sometimes the price for the perks is too good to pass up. When I booked a 14-night cruise on Millie last month, I had a choice of no perks for one price, or paying an additional $900 ($450pp) for all four perks (premium drink pkg., WiFi, $476 in tips, and $300obc for the cabin). In essence, I'm paying $124 for unlimited WiFi and 2 premium drink packages for a 14-day cruise. So in my case, adding the "Go Best" promo for that price was a no brainer.

As you said, YMMV.

Just goes to show, you have to do the math every time.