"Hot Glass Class" on Equinox is running

cath7227

Currently on Equinox and today was launch day for the new glass activity. Hours are 9-1 and 2-6 on sea days and for a few hours after leaving port on port days. You can sign up for a 20 minute spot to make your own creation (options and pieces are identical to the land-based business out of South Florida in a previous post). Anyone is welcome to watch during those hours, similar to the old glass show. We watched a couple flowers being made today and it was fun. Signed up later in the week to create our own masterpiece - photos to follow then!

Thanks for the update. I’ve seen the show several times before when corning ran it. I always really enjoyed it. I’m looking forward to being able to get your own design made. Should be a great souvenir. My next trip is for my 65th birthday. Hopefully I will be able to personalize a piece for that.

Currently on Equinox and today was launch day for the new glass activity. Hours are 9-1 and 2-6 on sea days and for a few hours after leaving port on port days. You can sign up for a 20 minute spot to make your own creation (options and pieces are identical to the land-based business out of South Florida in a previous post). Anyone is welcome to watch during those hours, similar to the old glass show. We watched a couple flowers being made today and it was fun. Signed up later in the week to create our own masterpiece - photos to follow then!

How much is it? I'm on the ship soon!!

I can look up the prior thread and see the options, but info on prices would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Tom & Judy

Can you post a few pictures of the flowers, vases, etc that are made during these clases?

Celebrity Cruises' has replaced its partnership with the Corning Museum of Glass with Hollywood Hot Glass, adding a new hands-on element that enables cruisers to make their own glass art pieces.

Hollywood Hot Glass will host a single, live glassblowing demonstration on The Lawn Club at the beginning of participating sailings. Following the demo, cruisers can register for extra-fee Hot Glass Classes, which will be available throughout the sailing. During the class, participants will work with a hot glass instructor to create their very own piece of glass art.

This is so disappointing! We went on the Equinox twice and once on Solstice for the Corning Glass show! They were so amazing and We could sit for hours watching. It was the highlight to us! In a 20 min class you might take home a glass blob for $40+. They are just trying to make money and give us less entertainment. I wouldn't mind if they did a few classes, but to be able to watch the pros do it is so much better!:loudcry: