"Millie" from Singapore to HK - overnight in Singapore questions

dani negreanu

Trying to plan the day before checking in (Friday), the check in day (Saturday), and the day of sailing away (Sunday) --

If anyone can enlighten me regarding the embarkation process in Singapore, in view that the ship acts as a hotel for the night --

1. How easy was the process of checking in, and then leaving the ship after that?

2. Is there a curfew, or u can get back to ship at midnight, for example?

3. What's the latest u can get back to ship the following day? Meaning, when is the muster drill before sail away at 6PM.

Any answer will be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance

We did this cruise in spring 17. There are two cruise terminals in Singapore - Celebrity uses the Marina Bay terminal designed to support the megaships, so there is no crowding and very efficient as is everything we saw in the city. Boarding was a piece of cake. The terminal is about .3 miles from the very efficient subway, although I would no recommend it with luggage - it's hot and humid. We could come and go as we pleased. Although the muster drill was about an hour before departure, all aboard was at 2PM, if I recall correctly. The extra time was needed for the Singapore Immigration Officials to review and stamp each passport. (Passports were collected during checkin.) Many complained abut this, but it was a Singaporean rule, not Celebrity's. BTW, all laws are strictly enforced. It's called a fine city for various reasons, one of which is fine for just about anything considered bad. Also, don't be surprised when the immigration card you complete before landing says importation of drugs is a capital offense.

Hi, BsinPNS

Thanks for all these informations .. Do you know if, after the check in, and the suitcases in the cabin, it's possible leaving the ship for visiting again Singapore ?

Muriel

.... The terminal is about .3 miles from the very efficient subway, although I would no recommend it with luggage - it's hot and humid. We could come and go as we pleased. ....

And taxis are very efficient, and very very cheap - you really don't have to worry about the price. No hassle, no "meter doesn't work" nonsense. You get in say where you want to go and pay what the meter says when you arrive.

You may leave the ship before/after your luggage is in the stateroom and return anytime that evening. I would suggest having an early dinner on board and then go to the Marina Bay Sands area to see the SuperTree light show followed by light show on the bay. It's an easy walk between the two.

Central Singapore is an easily walkable city with a great deal to see and enjoy. The people there are very nice about instructing tourist how to get to different venues too. The city is one of the cleanest you'll ever visit but, as mentioned, the rules apply to everyone, including tourist. Don't even think about leaving any litter and chewing gum in public is not favorable looked upon. You'll love your time in Singapore!

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all these informations.. We are very excited ! I prepared a heavy planning... and I hope we can see all.. Colonial District, Bugis, Little India, Arab street, Kampong Glam, Marina Bay Sands, Gardens by the Bay, Esplanade and Merlion, Botanic gardens, Orchard road, and, if possible, Sentosa..

(I apologize for my english.. I'm french, and I learned at school.. but it's far..)

Muriel

You may leave the ship before/after your luggage is in the stateroom and return anytime that evening.

Thank you for your detailed reply. Much appreciated.

I'm disappointed that on the second day we have to be back by 2PM for a sail away at 6PM. Hopefully, by leaving early in the morning, we'll have enough time to visit the Orchard Gardens.

Uber is also available in Singapore. It is relatively new and there aren't as many drivers as in many major city. We could always grab an Uber in less than 5 minutes and prices were more reasonable from the already inexpensive cabs. I think the cost from our hotel to the ship was $5-6 US.

We booked a private day tour with Wei of Indie Singapore Tours and in just a few hours we saw Chinatown, Bugis. Little Indai, Kampong Glam, Marina Bay Sands and a river cruise all while learning a lot about Singapore. Used the marvelous subway system for transit between the various locales.