"Post Revolution" Deck Plans

offnoncruiser

With the revolution drydock re-fits starting within the next 6 months or so, I have not seen new "post revolution" deck plans for either the M or S class of ships. Nothing on the website, but with Celebrity's cracker jack IT team, it wouldn't surprise me that they're available, but just have not been added to the website.

I thought I had read a post that stated the 18th deck on the ships (I believe they were referring to the M-class ships) were going to be used for the private suites-only retreat deck, which Celebrity has said will be part of the revolution re-fits. I then realized that none of the Celebrity ships even have a deck 18 (especially the M-class, which only go up to Deck 12). So I've brushed that off as to pure speculation.

Has anyone seen any new deck plans that have been provided by Celebrity? The current schedule goes through the spring of 2020, so an entire year of itineraries now available for booking without knowing what the ship is going to look like (more so the use of the public spaces)? I know I won't make a booking without seeing what the outcome of the "revolution" will look like.

Thanks.

Usually when there are deck plan changes, the X website will show the deck plan options with dates, but that isn’t the case right now. Also, I checked a few of the deck plan websites that show all the cruise ship deck plans and none that I found showed any deck plans beyond the existing.

Dont think its the X website not up to speed, assume X hasn’t released what the specifics are yet.

Den

Usually when there are deck plan changes, the X website will show the deck plan options with dates, but that isn’t the case right now. Also, I checked a few of the deck plan websites that show all the cruise ship deck plans and none that I found showed any deck plans beyond the existing.

Dont think its the X website not up to speed, assume X hasn’t released what the specifics are yet.

Den

They really need to get these up ASAP because people are booking post remodeling. Just as an example I noticed on the Edge threads that during construction some cabins have had their categories changed. Also some might want to know where the cabin is in relation to something cruisers enjoy or do not enjoy. How many people on certain ships don't book below the buffet or the pool area. Might be nice to know the changes particularly where these suite area's are going to be.

They really need to get these up ASAP because people are booking post remodeling. Just as an example I noticed on the Edge threads that during construction some cabins have had their categories changed. Also some might want to know where the cabin is in relation to something cruisers enjoy or do not enjoy. How many people on certain ships don't book below the buffet or the pool area. Might be nice to know the changes particularly where these suite area's are going to be.

I agree completely. I’d love to book one in but won’t until I see what is what on deck plans. You’d think that since X has Feb 2019 set for Millie that they’d have this on contract which would require a set plan, and they do have the Edge as the model so it’s not all new.

By the way, here I’m saying I won’t book until the deck plans are out, and I did that with Edge! Booked very early, almost as soon as it was available while on a Summit Bermuda cruise. Boy do I love contradicting myself! But that never stops me.

Den

I agree completely. I’d love to book one in but won’t until I see what is what on deck plans. You’d think that since X has Feb 2019 set for Millie that they’d have this on contract which would require a set plan, and they do have the Edge as the model so it’s not all new.

By the way, here I’m saying I won’t book until the deck plans are out, and I did that with Edge! Booked very early, almost as soon as it was available while on a Summit Bermuda cruise. Boy do I love contradicting myself! But that never stops me.

Den

Don't feel bad, I booked Edge and have Summit booked also for next June.

I don't think you will see any deck plan updates until after the Edge has been introduced. They want to keep the focus on the Edge. They want to first show the concepts on the Edge and then Revolutionary changes to there ships.

Consider that X now has introduced non-refundable deposits in the US combined with a major renovation of the fleet and it expects bookings without releasing new deck plans. We will probably hold out on booking with X for a while. We prefer knowing details of cabin location in relation to what's above/below and what's offered in ship amenities, spaces etc. more than our need to be the first to experience something just because it's new. I know that it is an option to pay more to get a refundable deposit, however it's also an option to just make a deposit on another cruise line.

Consider that X now has introduced non-refundable deposits in the US combined with a major renovation of the fleet and it expects bookings without releasing new deck plans. We will probably hold out on booking with X for a while. We prefer knowing details of cabin location in relation to what's above/below and what's offered in ship amenities, spaces etc. more than our need to be the first to experience something just because it's new. I know that it is an option to pay more to get a refundable deposit, however it's also an option to just make a deposit on another cruise line.

WE are of the same mind

Why book when you cannot see what and where you are purchasing

May be doing bookings while on the ship next spring....waiting til deck plans and specifics about things like the fate of Murano are disclosed.

With the revolution drydock re-fits starting within the next 6 months or so, I have not seen new "post revolution" deck plans for either the M or S class of ships. Nothing on the website, but with Celebrity's cracker jack IT team, it wouldn't surprise me that they're available, but just have not been added to the website.

I thought I had read a post that stated the 18th deck on the ships (I believe they were referring to the M-class ships) were going to be used for the private suites-only retreat deck, which Celebrity has said will be part of the revolution re-fits. I then realized that none of the Celebrity ships even have a deck 18 (especially the M-class, which only go up to Deck 12). So I've brushed that off as to pure speculation.

Has anyone seen any new deck plans that have been provided by Celebrity? The current schedule goes through the spring of 2020, so an entire year of itineraries now available for booking without knowing what the ship is going to look like (more so the use of the public spaces)? I know I won't make a booking without seeing what the outcome of the "revolution" will look like.

Thanks.

The Retreat will be on Deck 12 forward. You're right, Deck 18 is incorrect.

:)

The Retreat will be on Deck 12 forward. You're right, Deck 18 is incorrect.

:)

I have also read that the Retreat will be on Deck 12 forward. However, Deck 12 is not handicapped accessible. I find it hard to believe that the Retreat will not be accessible to handicapped folks. Unless, of course, they are revamping the forward elevators to go to Deck 12 now. We'll see.

I also have booked without seeing deck plans. I have Edge booked for January and Summit booked for the Independence Day cruise in 2019!!

Millennium (Feb) and Summit (Mar) will be first ships to undergo the Revolution. Hopefully they will introduce the updated deck plans before you have to lock in your upcoming final payments at 90 days.

Perhaps, but people on the Edge are past final payment and we still haven't seen the complete Edge deck plans.

Don't feel bad, I booked Edge and have Summit booked also for next June.

We've got the Summit booked for September 2019 and plan on booking the Summit again while on our upcoming cruise for September 2020. Interested in reading others observations and opinions.

Perhaps, but people on the Edge are past final payment and we still haven't seen the complete Edge deck plans.

I think complete deck plans for X Edge can be found here:

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/EDGE/17055722_CEL_Deck_Plans.pdf

Not sure how long they've been available.

Quite puzzling! Deck 12 forward is quite a hike from Suite country (6 aft).

Totally agree. But then again so is Michael's Club on Deck 4 forward. I would just think that Celebrity would put the Retreat in a convenient location to PH and RS on Deck 6 aft. And, again, I say that Deck 12 on M Class is not handicapped accessible. I cannot imagine Celebrity telling a handicapped person staying in PH or RS, for example, "oh sorry, you can't use the Retreat deck area!".Only time will tell.

EDGE Plans are in the latest Celeb brochure 2019 2020. Takes about 5 days to arrive. M and S are not updated post renovation.

Locating the Retreat away from suite areas seems not surprising

,On EDGE many of the AQ class cabins are a hike from the spa area ,and Persian Gardens/ thermal suites. Guess we'll get our daily exercise!

Edited by hcat

Yes , we are awaiting a few more reveals to fill in blank areas...but they are more complete than the first set we had to look at. No one really seems to know if the Thermal Suite will or will not have a true T pool...and many other spaces are not quite revealed/ labeled

Our first cruise on EDGE does not have any tender ports so I am expecting that we will not be getting off and on thru the Destination area, ???? But they have to have a means to get there for ports that use tenders

In any event..I agree with others who have said they will not book S or M Class until we see what the plans look like.