Another instance of RCI Agent giving wrong info

SRF

So a while ago, during one of the drink package sales, I called to add drink packages. I called, because I wanted to do a Deluxe on one of us, and a Deluxe plus VOOM on the other (we can share the data connection).

So the agent adds the Deluxe plus VOOM on one, then when they try to do the second one, the Deluxe package is "SOLD OUT." REALLY?? The agent figures someone put in the wrong number available, and stated normally they put in 6000 or more in the quantity available.

This was outside normal business hours (I was traveling outside the US), so could not be fixed right away.

So I was told that the agent would note in my record what had happened, and that I WOULD be able to add the drink package later, AT THE SALE PRICE, due to their error.

So I tried to do this. And guess what? NOTHING in my record about this, and I was told by an agent and a supervisor, there was no way to add something at a previous sale price, no matter what the circumstances.

Wonderful.

OTOH, I tried to give RCI money for a second drink package, but they would not do the right thing. And now, only one of us has a drink package. :D

If they do cancel that one, oh well. We will do without. And RCI will not make as much money.

I thought both people in the same cabin hadt to get the drink package?

I tried to by for both, but the Deluxe package was SOLD OUT, so the processed the one order,.

I've read here on CC where others have had them go back and listen to recordings of conversations with agents. Might see if this is an option to back up what you were told.
I always ask for the agents name whoever I am calling and make a note of the call time and what was said.

Experience has shown if you don't do this companies are not very helpful if you need to query anything.

We buy our drink package onboard because we only need 1 . Other person in cabin cannot drink for medical reasons.

You can achieve the same thing by calling in advance, and advance purchase prices is usually cheaper

You can achieve the same thing by calling in advance, and advance purchase prices is usually cheaper

I think most reports here are that if you call you need to buy the refreshment package for the second occupant. I suspect on board you don't.

So you have to log-in every time to check?

You may be able to use one of the back doors to get to the Cruise Planner. Try clicking on Already Booked on Royal's home page.

I did not know this! Do we call RCL directly or can our agent hook us up with one package for the room?

Either, but you will have to get one Deluxe and one Refreshment.

I did not know this! When I try to book the package for just one person online, it doesn't allow me to do it!

That is what every one has said.

Online you CANNOT book a Deluxe package for one person.

If you call, you MAY be able to do so, if you have a valid reason for not getting the second one (medical, etc). But you will need to purchase a refreshment package for that person.

That is what every one has said.

Online you CANNOT book a Deluxe package for one person.

If you call, you MAY be able to do so, if you have a valid reason for not getting the second one (medical, etc). But you will need to purchase a refreshment package for that person.

I haven’t read any reports of someone not being able to get the delux drink package for one person if the other buys the refreshment package if you call in and ask. Royal seems to be OK with allowing this.

So that package is back down to the sale price.

I had to call Royal to unlock my account to print Set Sail and boarding passes. And the agent was SO ANNOYING, I did not book the beverage package for me (had planned on doing so).

Spent endless time explaining this and that, and all I wanted was into my booking to finish it and print the Set Sail.