A little bit of a mash-up repricing my cruise

pcur

I'm just finishing up with my beloved "big box store" travel department to reprice one of my cruises. It's with my friend to Cuba next year. We decided to go with a non-refundable deposit, because the obc doubled and we got a small reduction in the cabin price.

"Big Box Agent" came back from calling RCCL and said I would lose my obc if I switched from refundable to non-refundable because I was within 6 months or less from FINAL PAYMENT DATE. I corrected her and said that was based on sail date. She conferenced me in with the agent to discuss. Now, the TA's talk to a different department than we, the customers, do.

This guy was unintelligible because of his mumbling, and I had to insist he recheck the policy. Ooops, yes I got the obc. But, the price was about $5 higher. Weird, I said, your web site is showing less. It's the taxes, he abruptly said, and that's what his SYSTEM was showing (like his system was God). I said, well MY SYSTEM, your web site, doesn't show that, but I'm not going to argue over $5. Please make the change.

After we got rid of Able/Abel, BB TA and I chatted about what kind of people the TA's deal with instead of we customers. She said she hadn't been stuck with Able/Abel for 6 months. I told her next time to "receive" another call and disconnect, then call back for another agent.

A little glimpse into what our TA's have to deal with. Very interesting experience, and be nice to your TA's because they put up with a lot of crap for us!

Well, it kinda is.

Yes, but I was looking at the exact same cabin type on their web site, and it showed a lower amount. If it was anything significant, I would have done a screenshot and sent it to the BB TA to sort out. Obviously, RCCL hadn't updated their pricing on their web site yet, which is pretty sloppy.