Rotating Restaurants on Anthem

phbr

We're going on Anthem in October, 'classic' dining as we like the continuity of location and waiters.

Have I read it correctly that we 'rotate' between the four, Silk, Grande, American Icon and the Grande each night, and the waiters do likewise ?.

Or have I got it wrong ?

A FAMILY CRUISE OF 12....DYNAMIC DINNING A DISASTER......HAVE NOT BEEN BACK ON RCCL

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I was on the same sailing as you and dynamic dining worked fine for us. The cruise wasn't the best but it is very difficult to rate a ship when it goes through the leftovers of a hurricane, Hermine in this case. We have sailed Anthem twice since then and would not hesitate to book it again.

I'm really looking forward to the Anthem being replaced in NJ by the 5th Quantum build -- with the proper multi-floor grand dining room design instead of Anthem's separate pitifully ugly and inadequate dining rooms.

As did I. Was really disappointed when they discontinued it, but very glad we got to experience it at least the once

:loudcry: I miss Silk. We were upset to find it was discontinued when we sailed on the Anthem last year :loudcry:

A FAMILY CRUISE OF 12....DYNAMIC DINNING A DISASTER......HAVE NOT BEEN BACK ON RCCL

We experienced DD on Quantum (early edition) And Anthem and loved the concept. I still miss it.

I liked dynamic dining

We did too. We did late dining in April 2016 so no scheduling, but I liked the different menus. Only had it on one trip when we were on Anthem in 2016. Going back on her in Oct doing late dining.

Sailing on Anthem in Nov with our USA family and we have been waitlisted for anytime dining which we like and there wii be three children in the group.

Is this still available?

Sailing on Anthem in Nov with our USA family and we have been waitlisted for anytime dining which we like and there wii be three children in the group.

Is this still available?

Yes, My Time Dining is offered on all RC ships.

On the flip side Disney has been doing this flawlessly since they started sailing.

Funny how the same concept can be correctly executed, while the other should be executed for doing it incorrectly.

We sailed on the Anthem last year and the head chef of Silk told us Dynamic Dining was discontinued because too many people were eating in The Grande because of the lobster tail thermidor and not enough people were eating in American Icon Grill; Chic and Silk

On the flip side Disney has been doing this flawlessly since they started sailing.

Funny how the same concept can be correctly executed, while the other should be executed for doing it incorrectly.

I was just going to point out that DCL has done it for years, Really, it is one of our favorite things about sailing with Disney. Love seeing the different decor and having a different menu. We never got a chance to do it on Royal, but I think we would have enjoyed it.

We sailed on the Anthem last year and the head chef of Silk told us Dynamic Dining was discontinued because too many people were eating in The Grande because of the lobster tail thermidor and not enough people were eating in American Icon Grill; Chic and Silk

I think they could have worked out the kinks if they would have given it a bit more time...maybe adding something more interesting to the other menus or limiting how many times you could make reservations to a particular restaurant. Sadly, I think people would have complained no matter what they tried just because it was something different than what they were used to.

I'm not sure that is true as all Paxs had to rotate to each of the 4 restaurants. For RCL Pax it was a totally foreign concept of one big restaurant as clearly indicated by the post of MAFW and the lack of knowledge that reservations were required whether restaurants and/or entertainment.

Initially, there was vocal opposition to the DD on the Quantum. They wanted same table mates and waiters for the entire cruise. So RCL did just that with the Anthem, but in the end the loudest won, IMHO.

Just a question--how does Disney's concept differ.