Here’s a different question about the drink package

I’m planning on buying the refreshment package for myself. Hubby doesn’t want one. If I were just lounging around and my hubby gets my drink for me while getting one for himself, will they give my drink to him with my seapass? Or do I always have to get my drink myself?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I’m planning on buying the refreshment package for myself. Hubby doesn’t want one. If I were just lounging around and my hubby gets my drink for me while getting one for himself, will they give my drink to him with my seapass? Or do I always have to get my drink myself?

Royal Caribbean requires each passenger in the same cabin to buy the drink package, even if only one wants it. You may be able to get an exception for a good reason by calling Royal Caribbean.

Royal Caribbean requires each passenger in the same cabin to buy the drink package, even if only one wants it. You may be able to get an exception for a good reason by calling Royal Caribbean.

Refreshment package doesn't require both passengers only alcohol packages do.

I really wish people would stop spreading false info. This is not true in any way for the refreshment package that the op is talking about.

Regarding the alcoholic drink packages-do both adults in the room need to purchase it? We are traveling with friends who were planning only for one of them to get it since the other doesn't drink. I thought that it was not required for the whole cabin to have it? Thanks in advance for clarification!

Regarding the alcoholic drink packages-do both adults in the room need to purchase it? We are traveling with friends who were planning only for one of them to get it since the other doesn't drink. I thought that it was not required for the whole cabin to have it? Thanks in advance for clarification!

The current rule is that all guests age 21 and over in the same stateroom must buy the Deluxe package if one buys it.

The current rule is that all guests age 21 and over in the same stateroom must buy the Deluxe package if one buys it.

However, according to the RCI website "One significant change to the Deluxe Beverage package in 2018 is all Royal Caribbean passengers 21 years of age and older (18 years in Australia and the U.K) are now required to purchase the Deluxe Beverage Package if at least one other person in their cabin has one. If the other adult(s) in the same stateroom do not wish to purchase a Deluxe Beverage Package, you can call Royal Caribbean and ask for an exemption. Usually, Royal Caribbean will allow the other adult(s) to purchase a less-expensive drink package, such as the Refreshment Package."

I am cruising with my two over 21yrs DDs in December who don't drink, so I am hoping this holds true....

They would not give only one of us the Deluxe Beverage package as my husband does not drink alcohol, we did purchase one soda package. We called several times and were told we both had to purchase it. We are cruising in 10 days. Any suggestions?

Edited by msdebbe
forgot some information

They would not give only one of us the Deluxe Beverage package as my husband does not drink alcohol. We called several times and were told we both had to purchase it. We are cruising in 10 days. Any suggestions?

Try again onboard.

However, according to the RCI website "One significant change to the Deluxe Beverage package in 2018 is all Royal Caribbean passengers 21 years of age and older (18 years in Australia and the U.K) are now required to purchase the Deluxe Beverage Package if at least one other person in their cabin has one. If the other adult(s) in the same stateroom do not wish to purchase a Deluxe Beverage Package, you can call Royal Caribbean and ask for an exemption. Usually, Royal Caribbean will allow the other adult(s) to purchase a less-expensive drink package, such as the Refreshment Package."

I am cruising with my two over 21yrs DDs in December who don't drink, so I am hoping this holds true....

That is 1,000,000% NOT a quote from the Royal Caribbean website!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o

They would not give only one of us the Deluxe Beverage package as my husband does not drink alcohol, we did purchase one soda package. We called several times and were told we both had to purchase it. We are cruising in 10 days. Any suggestions?

Did you ask if he could have the Deluxe if you purchase the Refreshment? That has been the default work-around lately.

I really wish people would stop spreading false info. This is not true in any way for the refreshment package that the op is talking about.

This is a very experienced cruiser. I am sure that this was a simple misreading of the OP, not "spreading false info."

:)

Was that pre-cruise or on-board?

Sent from my D6603 using Forums mobile app

Our cruise is six months from now...

I tried doing it on Cruise Planner but couldn't, however a simple phone call and it was done with no problems.

I have the emailed purchase confirmation from RCCL in front of me.

bosco

Edited by boscobeans
info

Ok a similar question but with a twist,my Wife will be having the deluxe package as she does drink,I don't but do enjoy an alcohol free beer or two,I have contacted RCI customer service asking if any of their packages covered that but they seemed to side step it & only mention alcohol free cocktails or sodas in their reply,does anybody know from experience if they are included in any of the packages please guys?

Ok a similar question but with a twist,my Wife will be having the deluxe package as she does drink,I don't but do enjoy an alcohol free beer or two,I have contacted RCI customer service asking if any of their packages covered that but they seemed to side step it & only mention alcohol free cocktails or sodas in their reply,does anybody know from experience if they are included in any of the packages please guys?

Alcohol free beer still has trace amouts of alcohol. It is included in Deluxe plan but not refreshment package.

Alcohol free beer still has trace amouts of alcohol. It is included in Deluxe plan but not refreshment package.

Thanks for that Foodluvr,yes I know it is usually anything up to around 0.5%,looks like 2 deluxe packages then!

We called back today and talked to a very knowledgeable RCI customer service agent who explained this to my husband. We were able to purchase one Deluxe Beverage Package(alcohol) and one Refreshment package.

We were told we would have to do it this way if one wanted an alcohol package.

Another experience.... my wife used to get the Soda package. I never had a problem taking my card to buy a drink and her card to get her a soda. Don't know if that'll work with the Refreshment Package or not.

We have never had a problem with it working. We actually both get the Refreshment package, and one will take both cards much of the time and get two drinks.

And you have never been wrong?